The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   No Questions Asked (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=15753)

strandinthewind 08-14-2004 08:54 PM

No Questions Asked

The wonderful www.sararhiannon.com has posted downloads of the BTM outtakes and demos. The No Questions Asked one reveal to me how good this song could have been. I mean WHY OH WHY is the released on such a sonic nightmare. The band and her voice sound so clear and strong when compared to the one released~!!!!!!!!

Thanks again and hugs to www.sararhiannon.com for the continuted generousity!!!!!!

AliP 08-15-2004 01:20 AM

I absolutely LOVE that song. I think it's one of her best songs EVER. :nod: And yes, I can't wait to read all the wonderful replies I will get for that opinion. ;)

golden braid 08-15-2004 11:07 AM

I really like this song too. :nod:

gldstwmn 08-15-2004 12:49 PM

I'm just listening to these now and they sound great. Also, the 12/12/81 show sounds incredible. I think I had that on a disc somewhere but it doesn't sound anywhere as good as the one that's posted. Or am I thinking of 12/10/81? In any event, cheers to you Sara. :)

Merf 08-15-2004 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AliP
I absolutely LOVE that song. I think it's one of her best songs EVER. :nod: And yes, I can't wait to read all the wonderful replies I will get for that opinion. ;)

AliP, no flames here-- it's one of my favorites too :wavey:

goldie 08-15-2004 01:43 PM

No flames from me, either! I LOVE No Questions Asked. One of her best, IMO.

sodascouts 08-15-2004 01:53 PM

I think NQA is great, too. One of my top 50 Fleetwood Mac songs!

GardenStateGirlie 08-15-2004 02:48 PM

Nope, add me to the list of people who love NQA. It's one of my favorite songs too. Thanks for putting this up, Sara :thumbsup:

David 08-15-2004 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GardenStateGirlie
Nope, add me to the list of people who love NQA. It's one of my favorite songs too. Thanks for putting this up, Sara :thumbsup:

Now how does this one go?

Wait, is this that thing they stuck on the ... Greatest Hits record? They stuck a couple of new things on there, as I recall, that should have been red flags to us fans.

GardenStateGirlie 08-15-2004 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David
Now how does this one go?

Wait, is this that thing they stuck on the ... Greatest Hits record? They stuck a couple of new things on there, as I recall, that should have been red flags to us fans.

Yep, and I think that's part of the reason why many people don't really care for it...just randomly thrown in there on Greatest Hits. I really like the song but I do feel it should have been on an album...maybe Behind The Mask?

blinker12 08-15-2004 10:11 PM

I downloaded the first demo on SaraRhiannon, but it sounds exactly like the released version to me. Am I missing something?

gldstwmn 08-15-2004 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blinker12
I downloaded the first demo on SaraRhiannon, but it sounds exactly like the released version to me. Am I missing something?

Take 3 has a more prominent bass, and differently arranged lyrics. It sounds like Billy and/or Chris singing with her on part of the verses.

MirrorInTheSky 08-16-2004 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AliP

No, no, no....I love that song....no question about it! :nod:

jbrownsjr 08-16-2004 11:19 AM

I don't like this song, but no flames cos I like Welcome to the Room Sara. :woohoo:

Villavic 08-17-2004 02:47 PM

yeah!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr
I don't like this song, but no flames cos I like Welcome to the Room Sara. :woohoo:

HA! I thought I was going to be the first, and was worry cause some of you guys would get mad when I say that I like far more "Welcome to the room Sara" than "No questions asked". (in fact I don't like NQA)

But, most of all, I love AS LONG AS YOU FOLLOW. It's the most beautiful Chris song from that era. I thik Stevie was not so good/inspired in the late 80s. But it was Chris best time