The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Post-Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Time - Analyze Your Least Favorites (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=47856)

MacShadowsBall 07-04-2011 01:06 PM

Time - Analyze Your Least Favorites

I know this album ain't exactly everybody's favorite, but it is a Fleetwood Mac album nonetheless.

Worst Lyrics -

What were they thinking -

Should've been a hit song -

Much better performed live -

Overall least favorite -

Do you think that Fleetwood Mac should have recorded this album?

RickRobert 07-04-2011 01:56 PM

Worst Lyrics - Nothing Without You

What were they thinking - Nothing Without You

Should've been a hit song - Nights in Estoril

Much better performed live - Blow By Blow I guess

Overall least favorite - Nothing Without You

Do you think that Fleetwood Mac should have recorded this album? - Sure

holidayroad 07-04-2011 02:29 PM

Worst Lyrics - unsure

What were they thinking - These Strange Times

Should've been a hit song - Sooner or Later

Much better performed live - unsure

Overall least favorite - These Strange Times

Do you think that Fleetwood Mac should have recorded this album? I guess so. These Strange Times should have been left off, though!

MacShadowsBall 07-04-2011 02:35 PM

I don't think many of these songs were performed live but "Blow by Blow"and "Dreaming the Dream". :shrug:

Nonetheless, what songs would you had liked to see them do live?

darklinensuit 07-04-2011 03:27 PM

Worst Lyrics – Nights in Estoril. Christine is better than this.

What were they thinking – Letting “Hollywood” repeat endlessly and putting those flavorless harmonies on what might have been a decent track

Should've been a hit song – Winds of Change, All Over Again (highly underrated Chris song)

Much better performed live - none

Overall least favorite – Talkin’ to My Heart (I don’t like “These Strange Times”, but at least it was a risk for a band that too often plays it safe)

Do you think that Fleetwood Mac should have recorded this album? – Yes, Mick needed to show he was going to make FM carry on, and there are a couple of good songs on it.

- Jake

michelej1 07-04-2011 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darklinensuit (Post 998218)

Really? Now, I like those lyrics. It's not until later that I began questioning her. I thought the Temporary One lyrics were rather weak (though I did use them at my dad's funeral), then she kind of astounded me with Liar. I've never heard so many cliched phrases rolled into one song. I found it frightening, in fact, like her programming chip went haywire and she had been revealed to be a malfunctioning songwriting robot, rather than a human being.

jack of hearts
clown
shining knight
heart of darkness
roll of the dice

darklinensuit 07-04-2011 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 998223)
Really? Now, I like those lyrics. It's not until later that I began questioning her. I thought the Temporary One lyrics were rather weak (though I did use them at my dad's funeral), then she kind of astounded me with Liar. I've never heard so many cliched phrases rolled into one song. I found it frightening, in fact, like her programming chip went haywire and she had been revealed to be a malfunctioning songwriting robot, rather than a human being.

jack of hearts
clown
shining knight
heart of darkness
roll of the dice

:lol: Yes, really. I just went back to quote a few lines and rediscovered that there are too many painful ones to choose from. ;) But as usual, I accept that I'm in the minority: most fans do like this song, even if everything about it (other than Chris's typically fine vocal) makes me cringe.

- Jake

Street_Dreamer 07-04-2011 04:14 PM

Worst Lyrics - These Strange Times

What were they thinking - Adding Dave Mason to the band.

Should've been a hit song - Winds Of Change

Much better performed live - Dreaming The Dream

Overall least favorite - Blow By Blow

Do you think that Fleetwood Mac should have recorded this album? - Absolutely, just without Dave Mason. His style just didn't mesh with Fleetwood Mac in my view.

Matt

michelej1 07-04-2011 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darklinensuit (Post 998228)
:lol: Yes, really. I just went back to quote a few lines and rediscovered that there are too many painful ones to choose from. ;) But as usual, I accept that I'm in the minority: most fans do like this song, even if everything about it (other than Chris's typically fine vocal) makes me cringe.

- Jake

The song isn't a favorite of mine (Hollywood is my favorite on the album), but it's not the lyrics that I mind.

Michele

darklinensuit 07-05-2011 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 998288)
(Hollywood is my favorite on the album)

Michele

Well, maybe we can at least agree on "All Over Again". :cool::lol:

- Jake

Dark Angel 07-05-2011 07:10 PM

Worst Lyrics - Blow By Blow

What were they thinking - Dave Mason

Should've been a hit song - Nights In Estoril

Much better performed live - no idea

Overall least favorite - Blow By Blow

Do you think that Fleetwood Mac should have recorded this album? Yes, but without Dave Mason.

PenguinHead 07-05-2011 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall (Post 998184)
I know this album ain't exactly everybody's favorite, but it is a Fleetwood Mac album nonetheless.

Worst Lyrics -

What were they thinking -

Should've been a hit song -

Much better performed live -

Overall least favorite -

Do you think that Fleetwood Mac should have recorded this album?

How about answering your own questions? What are your opinions?

jbrownsjr 07-05-2011 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 998223)

jack of hearts
clown
shining knight
heart of darkness
roll of the dice

I really don't like Liar.. but I always thought she threw in those cliche's on purpose ... after all a cliche is a cliche for a reason... lol

jbrownsjr 07-05-2011 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darklinensuit (Post 998218)

What were they thinking – Letting “Hollywood” repeat endlessly and putting those flavorless harmonies on what might have been a decent track

Should've been a hit song – Winds of Change, All Over Again (highly underrated Chris song)

Much better performed live - none

Overall least favorite – Talkin’ to My Heart (I don’t like “These Strange Times”, but at least it was a risk for a band that too often plays it safe)

Do you think that Fleetwood Mac should have recorded this album? – Yes, Mick needed to show he was going to make FM carry on, and there are a couple of good songs on it.

- Jake

I can't stand Nights in Estoril..... it's like sludge...

michelej1 07-06-2011 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 998448)
I really don't like Liar.. but I always thought she threw in those cliche's on purpose ... after all a cliche is a cliche for a reason... lol

Maybe, but if she did, how did that enhance the song? Usually, for lyrics, you take a cliche and put a little spin on it, somehow. Substituted the expected language with some kind of variation or use a time worn phrase to evoke a contrary emotion.

For instance, I think asking someone to tell you lies, calling them sweet is a nice little turn.

No twists in Liar.

Michele