The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Present Band (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Mick Fleetwood joining Crowded House? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58746)

elle 08-19-2019 10:32 PM

Mick Fleetwood joining Crowded House?

apparently, newly reforming Crowded House will need to find a drummer. sounds like a perfect gig for Mick. :shrug:

:woohoo:

sue 08-20-2019 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1253897)
apparently, newly reforming Crowded House will need to find a drummer. sounds like a perfect gig for Mick. :shrug:

He’ll do anything if the price is right..!!

TrueFaith77 08-20-2019 02:56 PM

I would have preferred he had just done that than ruin the band's legacy. To transition from a fake Fleetwood touring band to record or tour with Crowded House would be an unbelievable betrayal.

Well, no betrayal is unbelievable now.

Storms123 08-20-2019 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 (Post 1253900)
I would have preferred he had just done that than ruin the band's legacy. To transition from a fake Fleetwood touring band to record or tour with Crowded House would be an unbelievable betrayal.

Well, no betrayal is unbelievable now.

He seems to live a rather grandiose lifestyle and therefore "regularly" files for bankruptcy. Lindsey has kept him gainfully employed over the years when FM was on the back burner., and let him live in his driveway when he was in a bad way...Lindsey's health issues aside, I am pretty sure he's not calling up MF asking him to play on his next album, should there be one (am so hopeful there is). Being CH new drummer makes a ton of sense. Mick needs to be kept up in the lifestyle he's accustomed too. :laugh:

bombaysaffires 08-20-2019 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storms123 (Post 1253902)
He seems to live a rather grandiose lifestyle and therefore "regularly" files for bankruptcy. Lindsey has kept him gainfully employed over the years when FM was on the back burner., and let him live in his driveway when he was in a bad way...Lindsey's health issues aside, I am pretty sure he's not calling up MF asking him to play on his next album, should there be one (am so hopeful there is). Being CH new drummer makes a ton of sense. Mick needs to be kept up in the lifestyle he's accustomed too. :laugh:

Christine has bailed him out on plenty of occasions as well-- $100k here, $100k there.... One can feel pretty confident he's unlikely to have ever paid any of it back -- or even offered to (which Chris would probably have turned down, telling him no need to pay it back) but at least offering to pay it back would be the classy thing to do.

Angel75 08-26-2019 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1253897)

But Mark Hart was the keyboardist ? Unless I'm mistaken the CH drummer still exists?

elle 08-26-2019 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel75 (Post 1253959)
But Mark Hart was the keyboardist ? Unless I'm mistaken the CH drummer still exists?

I think they didn’t have a drummer for a while now.

Yeah Mitchell Froom will be the keyboardist in this new version.

Angel75 08-28-2019 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1253961)
I think they didn’t have a drummer for a while now.

Matt Sherrod is still very much the drummer and a member of the band, unless you've heard otherwise?