The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Will Stevie write something about Tom Petty? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57504)

Nick 10-05-2017 06:10 PM

Will Stevie write something about Tom Petty?

I remember Stevie (or whoever updates her social media) posted when both Glenn Frey and Prince passed away. I'm surprised she hasn't issued a statement over Tom Petty's death.

sleepless child 10-05-2017 07:06 PM

I've been wondering the same thing. I thought we might hear something from her by now. She must be inconsolable. I haven't heard anything about when his funeral will be either.

WatchChain 10-05-2017 07:18 PM

I think she's gearing up for some kind of grand statement. She doesn't want her statement to be a blurb. Rest assured, we WILL hear from her on this topic. :nod:

annabellee 10-05-2017 08:03 PM

Look back

She already has.

LB Freakazoid 10-05-2017 10:01 PM

I've been curious about this.... Tom Petty passing on the day before LB's birthday...... Hmmmmm.... There's a definite "end" and "beginning" theme there. LB being the start of her music, Tom being the start of her independence... And then there's LB with FM at the end of it all.....
there is some profound threads that could be drawn from....

Nick 10-06-2017 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by annabellee (Post 1217271)
She already has.

What a useless comment. She hasn't made anything public on her Facebook or Twitter. Next time you wanna reply to someone, list a source where you got this "fake news". Thanks.

Jondalar 10-06-2017 03:59 PM

She will write a song that no one will be able to understand. She'll have Angel in the title, something like Heartbreaker Angel or Rock Angel and every times she sings it she will explain to the crowd that it's about her favorite rock star Tom Petty. (SIGH) 😫

sue 10-06-2017 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1217290)
She will write a song that no one will be able to understand. She'll have Angel in the title, something like Heartbreaker Angel or Rock Angel and every times she sings it she will explain to the crowd that it's about her favorite rock star Tom Petty. (SIGH) 😫

Aaaah loving it already...

justcrazylove 10-06-2017 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 1217283)
What a useless comment. She hasn't made anything public on her Facebook or Twitter. Next time you wanna reply to someone, list a source where you got this "fake news". Thanks.

What a ****ty thing to say, perhaps the poster was implying that her silence IS the statement.

ahafan02 10-06-2017 06:33 PM

OMG she's probably devastated. She was madly in love with him for the longest period of time and she probably still had a lot of feelings for him. Give her time.

Tango 10-06-2017 07:03 PM

Tango 10-06-2017 07:10 PM

Buster 10-06-2017 07:43 PM

If I'm devastated over Tom Petty's death, I can't even begin to imagine what Stevie is feeling. I don't blame her if she can never bring herself to put out a statement. I think she deserves all the love, prayers, gentleness and support her fans can give her. She's got it from me.

WatchChain 10-06-2017 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahafan02 (Post 1217296)
OMG she's probably devastated. She was madly in love with him for the longest period of time and she probably still had a lot of feelings for him. Give her time.

This is an interesting concept. I had never thought too much about this theory, but you have a point. Tom is one of the few musician friends that Stevie NEVER dated or had some sort of fling with. Although she claims to have felt nothing more than a strong kinship with his music, DID Stevie actually harbor a secret burning love for Tom? Was it mad love? Did she ever secretly pursue him--with him being the only man who ever turned her down. She doesn't seem like his type, at least personality wise.

jwd 10-06-2017 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buster (Post 1217300)
If I'm devastated over Tom Petty's death, I can't even begin to imagine what Stevie is feeling. I don't blame her if she can never bring herself to put out a statement. I think she deserves all the love, prayers, gentleness and support her fans can give her. She's got it from me.

Agreed. As would be expecting "statements" from Benmont Tench, Mike Campbell, and all those that were that close to Tom.