The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Lindsey Buckingham’s abuse of Stevie Nicks detailed in new book (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57594)

gldstwmn 11-27-2017 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1218898)
Let’s face facts - he didn’t smack her hard enough. She was on drugs and had a big head and she needled someone to knock some sense in her head. I’m sure she drove Lindsey crazy. Not to mention he did all the work and she got all the fame. She is lucky she didn’t get the crap beat out of her.

P.S. this article is trash. Just some writer jumping on the abuse band wagon. Stevie is not a martyr.

Troll... :distress:

bombaysaffires 11-27-2017 01:27 PM

let's ignore the trolls who are trying to stir up sh&t with provocative statements in here .:distress:

Jondalar 11-27-2017 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gldstwmn (Post 1218933)
Troll... :distress:

Just being honest. It also cracks me up how the writer is jumping on the abuse train bandwagon to try to make Stevie look like a victim and Lindsey the villain. I mean she needs sympathy right. She has lost a lot of support since she decided to not make an album with Fleetwood Mac. Her selfishness has cost the band their final album. She needs smacked good and hard. Maybe Christine can smack her a few times if she hasn’t developed arthritis.

FuzzyPlum 11-27-2017 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1218937)
Just being honest. It also cracks me up how the writer is jumping on the abuse train bandwagon to try to make Stevie look like a victim and Lindsey the villain. I mean she needs sympathy right. She has lost a lot of support since she decided to not make an album with Fleetwood Mac. Her selfishness has cost the band their final album. She needs smacked good and hard. Maybe Christine can smack her a few times if she hasn’t developed arthritis.

You my friend are a juvenile wanker

lovethemac1 11-28-2017 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1218940)
You my friend are a juvenile wanker

You summed that up perfectly!!!

mitzo 11-28-2017 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gldstwmn (Post 1218930)
:lol::laugh::laugh::p

That is exactly what the contorted logic here says. He is a creative genius so frig off? Why not deal head on with the fact he beat a woman up, why not say that it is wrong and reflects really really badly on him. I mean, Jesus...

secondhandchain 11-28-2017 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gldstwmn (Post 1218932)
She was mourning her mother.

It was almost a year later that show, so not sure if that's what she was crying about. Lindsey never dedicates songs to her so...

iamnotafraid 11-29-2017 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gldstwmn (Post 1218929)
Neither does sexual assault unless you're a judge from Alabama with a predilection for teenage girls. Just sayin'...

If the moderators won't allow political type comments,
how is this left to stand? As this is what some of us were
replying to. And those comments were deleted.

Be fair to all members.

gldstwmn 11-29-2017 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamnotafraid (Post 1219015)
If the moderators won't allow political type comments,
how is this left to stand? As this is what some of us were
replying to. And those comments were deleted.

Be fair to all members.

I'm not sure they were deleted. The forums have been having issues with wonky posts. Also my comment was not political. It was in reference to abuse of women both physical and sexual.
If those posts were deleted (mine included I might add) then it's probably because they were advocating physical violence against women, white male privilege and patrimony.
But yeah if you think my referencing a child molester who is running for senate is a political comment then by all means take it away.

gldstwmn 11-29-2017 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1218990)
It was almost a year later that show, so not sure if that's what she was crying about. Lindsey never dedicates songs to her so...

I thought it was closer to the time her mother died, like months. Maybe I'm way off base.

iamnotafraid 11-29-2017 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gldstwmn (Post 1219017)
I'm not sure they were deleted. The forums have been having issues with wonky posts...

But yeah if you think my referencing a child molester who is running for senate is a political comment then by all means take it away.

Wonky posts and curious IDs. I'm only guessing the
same is going to happen again.

I was only using your post about the Alabamian to
make a point that Republicans can be talked about
and it's left in the threads. But if one responds to
the post, it is deleted or moved.

Mr. Moore hasn't been convicted yet btw. The most
condemning thing I heard myself was his own words
while being interviewed by Sean Hannity. My hope is
that he is not guilty.

Now back to Lindsey and the not so great proof that
he did anything wrong. As none of us really know.

FuzzyPlum 11-30-2017 01:37 AM

I don't think anything was deleted- just moved to the Hot Topics thread in the Chat forum. That's fair enough.

jbrownsjr 11-30-2017 09:01 AM

I haven't moved anything.

Just keep it reasonable. Civil is good, too.

This is a very very HOT topic so when expressing your opinions.. try to keep in mind that we are a group of people that have passion when discussing anything.

After all.. we are Mac fans.