The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Seeds We Sow -- First Impressions (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=48513)

Dodfather 09-01-2011 12:36 PM

Seeds We Sow -- First Impressions

Just got an e-mail from Play.com to say that my order for Seeds We Sow has been dispatched. I should get it in a couple of days - most likely on release date. Excellent!

Silver Springs 09-01-2011 12:41 PM

Mine doesn't dispatch until tomorrow because my Mother pre ordered with Amazon (obviously I paid. She just has the credit card) against my initial plans. The git. Knowing my luck it'll come on the 5th....of October.

D.W-Suite 09-02-2011 04:05 AM

Just heard the new album there. Absolutely amazing. Lost for words after hearing it.

Peestie 09-02-2011 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D.W-Suite (Post 1013144)
Just heard the new album there. Absolutely amazing. Lost for words after hearing it.

Lucky! I wish Belfast had the same release date as down south so I could go and get it now...

Madness Fades 09-02-2011 05:05 AM

Wifey just picked up the CD for me in Dundalk,
It is currently in her possession, this is going to be the longest Friday in work, In the history of Longest Fridays.
5 hrs 55 mins to go.

Peestie 09-02-2011 05:26 AM

But just think what a good Friday evening you're going to have. It'll be all the better for the anticipation ;)

Madness Fades 09-02-2011 07:37 AM

Nah, I couldnt wait for it so i went home at lunchtime and got it.
It is absolutely brilliant from start to finish.
So glad I now have the lyrics because some of them were really bugging me.

Album dedicated to Will, Leelee and Stella. nice touch.

Peestie 09-02-2011 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madness Fades (Post 1013177)
Nah, I couldnt wait for it so i went home at lunchtime and got it.
It is absolutely brilliant from start to finish.
So glad I now have the lyrics because some of them were really bugging me.

Album dedicated to Will, Leelee and Stella. nice touch.

You lucky bugger. :thumbsup: Mine was dispatched today so I should have it some time early next week, if I've time to get home.

D.W-Suite 09-02-2011 08:26 AM

Hey Paul, if you get the chance could you post the lyrics to Rockaway Blind and That's the Way Love Goes? Thanks.

danax6 09-02-2011 09:53 AM

I'm listening to it right now as well. Loving it so far!

McTrouble 09-02-2011 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danax6 (Post 1013207)
I'm listening to it right now as well. Loving it so far!

Heard that mine's on it's way!

Lucky you already! :p:D

shackin'up 09-02-2011 05:12 PM

I've been listening already too!

Prepare for Lindsey's most consistant soloalbum to date. Consistant in quality, but also in sound and production. It's a winner. For me the faves are:
-the title track, ( just beautiful and tender )
-In Our Own Time , ( I think it's a masterpiece and I'm really curious what US radio does with the weird unconventional treatment of this song )
-TTWLG, (what a great great rocker, I cried from the solo till the end. Also the It Goes It Goes -screams are spinechilling),
-One Take
( he really shreds the Turner to pieces on this one, fabulous lyric, great Livesong I presume, with an extended solo- please extend it until it becomes almost ridiculous- this is the best soloriffing he did in years!)

-Rock Away Blind ( I sincerely think this one is one of his best songs, maybe even is going to win a spot above Shut Us Down in my fave-list)

- The End Of Time ( is simply a classic Mac song, I was afraid the studioversion would never reach the emotional level from the liveversion, but believe me, it does.)

It's an album with an approach, a vision. It's incredibly wellcrafted and original. And the guitarwork on this album is beyond stunning. Not only because of the skills, but also because of the feel. What an artist. There's no comparison.

And: for a lot of people a minor thing, but for me: a Milestone in Lindsey's songcraft: 11 tracks and NOT ONE fade out!!!!

mylittledemon 09-02-2011 05:38 PM

damn... i haven't even ordered my copy yet! :distress:

louielouie2000 09-02-2011 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mylittledemon (Post 1013339)

Same here... I'm hoping my local Indie record store will have it on Tuesday. *fingers crossed*

Silver Springs 09-02-2011 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mylittledemon (Post 1013339)

Way to keep up with the collective, my good demon.

Mine's dispatched but probably won't be here for a couple of weeks, considering Amazon's piss poor track record with my orders. I just want to listen to it already. I've only heard Seeds We Sow, snippets of one or two and She Smiled Sweetly (obviously. Everybody has) but I need more. The stuff I have heard has a lot of promise in them, so I know I won't be disappointed. Stevie was the one who disappointed me with her latest release...

Quote:

Originally Posted by louielouie2000 (Post 1013340)
Same here... I'm hoping my local Indie record store will have it on Tuesday. *fingers crossed*

Honestly, guys. You two are supposed to be setting an example *tut tut*