The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Proper Final Album... (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57259)

seanthompson 06-17-2017 09:21 AM

Proper Final Album...

Imagine Fleetwood Mac broke up in 1997 after 'The Dance'.

'Say You Will' and 'EP' never happened.

Lindsey, Stevie, and Christine still release all of the solo albums they have released over the years, but each saves back a few songs for a proper final album.

Twenty years later, in 2017, the band reunites to celebrate 50 years of the band, 40 years since 'Rumours', 30 years since 'Tango In The Night', and 20 years since 'The Dance'.

They co-write, each sings on every song; 3-part harmonies, lead, backup, solo parts. All of the piano parts you hear are Christine.

I still believe it's possible for our Fireflies to come together one last time to honor their music, their fans, and their legacy as one of the greatest bands of all time; a true, final concept album like 'Long Road Out Of Eden' from the Eagles.

Feel free to re-edit as you please, or copy my playlist for your device and enjoy.

'On With The Show', 2017

Sad Angel
Thrown Down
Friend
Steal Your Heart Away
Bleed To Love Her
Moonlight (A Vampire's Dream)
Carnival Begin
It Takes Time
All The Beautiful Worlds
Did You Miss Me
The Dealer
Lay Down For Free
Feel About You
Miss Fantasy
My Heart
Love Is Here To Stay
Your Hand I Will Never Let Go
You Are
In My World
Red Sun
Destiny Rules
Game Of Pretend
For What It's Worth
On With The Show

BLY 06-17-2017 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seanthompson (Post 1211944)
Imagine Fleetwood Mac broke up in 1997 after 'The Dance'.

'Say You Will' and 'EP' never happened.

Lindsey, Stevie, and Christine still release all of the solo albums they have released over the years, but each saves back a few songs for a proper final album.

Twenty years later, in 2017, the band reunites to celebrate 50 years of the band, 40 years since 'Rumours', 30 years since 'Tango In The Night', and 20 years since 'The Dance'.

They co-write, each sings on every song; 3-part harmonies, lead, backup, solo parts. All of the piano parts you hear are Christine.

I still believe it's possible for our Fireflies to come together one last time to honor their music, their fans, and their legacy as one of the greatest bands of all time; a true, final concept album like 'Long Road Out Of Eden' from the Eagles.

Feel free to re-edit as you please, or copy my playlist for your device and enjoy.

'On With The Show', 2017

Sad Angel
Thrown Down
Friend
Steal Your Heart Away
Bleed To Love Her
Moonlight (A Vampire's Dream)
Carnival Begin
It Takes Time
All The Beautiful Worlds
Did You Miss Me
The Dealer
Lay Down For Free
Feel About You
Miss Fantasy
My Heart
Love Is Here To Stay
Your Hand I Will Never Let Go
You Are
In My World
Red Sun
Destiny Rules
Game Of Pretend
For What It's Worth
On With The Show

After seeing this I think I'm happy things happened the way they did and hope for a another release from the 5.

Macfan4life 06-17-2017 10:18 AM

Nah I am happy with Say You Will even if its without Christine. We were lucky to get In The Meantime and other member's solo stuff. I would not change history.

The Chain 06-20-2017 10:18 AM

I'm just as annoyed w Stevie as most for not contributing to this project, but I love my five fireflies together & I love making fantasy playlists- I must say, this runs pretty smooth, ignoring the differences in production from the various sources:

Sad Angel
Friend
Thrown Down
In My World
Red Sun
Miranda
Smile At You
Miss Fantasy
Feel About You
Say You Will
Lay Down For Free
Destiny Rules
Lay Down For Free
On With The Show
Carnival Begin

TrueFaith77 06-20-2017 10:31 AM

Only a few years ago, all 18 members in the history of the band were alive. My dream final album (as it was looking like no real BuckNix album would ever happen again) was for Mick to record one song written/sung by each of the members of the Mac and collect it on one album.

That would have been a proper goodbye.

button-lip 06-20-2017 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seanthompson (Post 1211944)

As any FM fan I'd love to, but it won't happen. Stevie doesn't want to work with Lindsey anymore, even if they offer her to add more producers. :distress:

It's unfair but it is what it is.

jbrownsjr 06-20-2017 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1212222)
As any FM fan I'd love to, but it won't happen. Stevie doesn't want to work with Lindsey anymore, even if they offer her to add more producers. :distress:

It's unfair but it is what it is.

She will for the money on tour, however.

HomerMcvie 06-20-2017 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1212223)

Well that sounds like the definition of a wh***.

button-lip 06-20-2017 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1212224)

She won't lay down for free. :p

HomerMcvie 06-20-2017 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1212225)
She won't lay down for free. :p

Mama's got bills to pay, and they ain't gonna pay themselves!

wheart 06-20-2017 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1212224)

rhymes with tour? :laugh:

HomerMcvie 06-20-2017 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheart (Post 1212227)
rhymes with tour? :laugh:

I was thinking whack. Because that's a whacky notion. :wavey::lol:

button-lip 06-20-2017 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1212223)

After BuckVie this is for sure gonna be an interesting tour. :rolleyes:

jbrownsjr 06-20-2017 11:46 AM

You guys behave yourselves!!! :mad::mad:

They are all money hungry. Don't kid yourselves. But, at least 2 writers still want to invest in their creativity. I hope there is another BuckVie album. I think it will only get better. There isn't much time, though. :blob2::blob1:

button-lip 06-20-2017 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1212232)
You guys behave yourselves!!! :mad::mad:

They are all money hungry. Don't kid yourselves. But, at least 2 writers still want to invest in their creativity. I hope there is another BuckVie album. I think it will only get better. There isn't much time, though. :blob2::blob1:

I don't think money is involved in Stevie's decision. She doesn't want to work with Lindsey anymore. Sure, a tour is fine. But not an album.

It's nice to have another BuckVie album, and I hope it happens, but I'd very much prefer a last FM album with the 5 of them. :woohoo:

MakerofBirds 06-20-2017 12:37 PM

[QUOTE=jbrownsjr;1212232]You guys behave yourselves!!! :mad::mad:

Really? That's all the moderation that's going to happen here? You realize that this is why people leave the forum all the time, right?

FuzzyPlum 06-20-2017 12:39 PM

Lets not kid ourselves. Christine is approaching 74 and though she's getting by just fine, lets just say she's showing her age There'll be no FM album before the tour, obviously, and the likelihood is a FM tour will stretch well into 2019. That means another album wouldn't materialize until Chris is around 76 or 77. There wont even be another Buckingham McVie album. Lindsey will do a FM tour and then solo....forever.
The best we can hope from Christine (and I really hope this happens) is she'll record a blues album with Mick, Rick and A. N. Other later this year and they tour it early 2018, parallel to LB solo tour & SN solo tour.

HomerMcvie 06-20-2017 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1212233)
I don't think money is involved in Stevie's decision. She doesn't want to work with Lindsey anymore. Sure, a tour is fine. But not an album.

It's nice to have another BuckVie album, and I hope it happens, but I'd very much prefer a last FM album with the 5 of them. :woohoo:

She'd still be a waitress if it weren't for FM. The least she could have done was contribute 2-3 songs. But she doesn't owe them anything, right?

At this point, I'd RATHER have another BuckVie album. I'm loving this one! :]

jbrownsjr 06-20-2017 12:43 PM

[QUOTE=MakerofBirds;1212234]
Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1212232)
You guys behave yourselves!!!

Really? That's all the moderation that's going to happen here? You realize that this is why people leave the forum all the time, right?

People come and go all the time.

Secondly, they were joking. People call Mick and Stevie money whores all the time. My stance on this is: Nobody is going to turn down that kind of money. That's not said only here at The LEdge, but on FB, Instagram, Twitter, etc.

I'm not going to censor it unless there is a clear intent to harm. Money is always going to be a topic of discussion when it comes to Fleetwood Mac.

If you want to police the board, ask to be a MOD.

HomerMcvie 06-20-2017 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1212235)
Lets not kid ourselves. Christine is approaching 74 and though she's getting by just fine, lets just say she's showing her age There'll be no FM album before the tour, obviously, and the likelihood is a FM tour will stretch well into 2019. That means another album wouldn't materialize until Chris is around 76 or 77. There wont even be another Buckingham McVie album. Lindsey will do a FM tour and then solo....forever.
The best we can hope from Christine (and I really hope this happens) is she'll record a blues album with Mick, Rick and A. N. Other later this year and they tour it early 2018, parallel to LB solo tour & SN solo tour.

Exactly. Time is running out. This Fleetwood Mac album is most likely going to be the last group effort we get from them. :mad:

sands of time 06-20-2017 12:59 PM

Stevie's failure to participate in a final album cemented her status as a incredibly sad, pathetic, tragic figure. It's an enormous shame. She's essentially the Norma Desmond of rock...a once-spectacular artist who willfully foregoes her own dignity for the sake of a thoroughly worthless ego. But Norma Desmond would have at least participated in a final album. As great as Buckingham McVie is, any honest fan must admit those songs would have been completely out of this world with all three voices singing them.

But it's much more important for Stevie to stare at a mirror in her big house, singing "Cheaper Than Free" to herself, profoundly and wretchedly alone.

jbrownsjr 06-20-2017 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sands of time (Post 1212242)
Stevie's failure to participate in a final album cemented her status as a incredibly sad, pathetic, tragic figure. It's an enormous shame. She's essentially the Norma Desmond of rock...a once-spectacular artist who willfully foregoes her own dignity for the sake of a thoroughly worthless ego. But Norma Desmond would have at least participated in a final album. As great as Buckingham McVie is, any honest fan must admit those songs would have been completely out of this world with all three voices singing them.

But it's much more important for Stevie to stare at a mirror in her big house, singing "Cheaper Than Free" to herself, profoundly and wretchedly alone.

I wanted her so badly on this album. I hope they change her mind and do one more.

HomerMcvie 06-20-2017 01:01 PM

I love you! :xoxo:

button-lip 06-20-2017 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1212236)
She'd still be a waitress if it weren't for FM. The least she could have done was contribute 2-3 songs. But she doesn't owe them anything, right?

At this point, I'd RATHER have another BuckVie album. I'm loving this one! :]

Like Lindsey said last time he told the "package deal" story: "Stupid me, eh?" Finally, Lindsey, you realized how stupid you were! :laugh: A bit late though. :shrug:

lennonfan 06-20-2017 01:08 PM

This whole Fleetwood Mac in everything but name and Stevie project is frustrating in one way because it denies 'the brand' another classic album in their cannon. It's a major part of the family tree but I still doubt Stevie's writing is up to this caliber at the moment. I'd like her to prove me wrong:o

HomerMcvie 06-20-2017 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1212247)
Like Lindsey said last time he told the "package deal" story: "Stupid me, eh?" Finally, Lindsey, you realized how stupid you were! :laugh: A bit late though. :shrug:

42+ years! Colossal mistake!

button-lip 06-20-2017 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sands of time (Post 1212242)

Agreed. What made me love BuckVie was FM. If it weren't for FM we wouldn't have BuckVie today. I love them all, and it's sad to see something that once was so spectacular, being torn apart by one member. I'm sure the other 4 must feel the same (especially Lindsey) but can't of course say it.

I hope she doesn't regret it.

Frankenstein 06-20-2017 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1212233)

Actually, it seems to be a factor. She recently has complained that records don't sell and that why wouldn't they want to go out on the road and "make a ton of money". Seems like she's stuck in the past and still expects her records to sell millions of copies like they did back in the day.

MakerofBirds 06-20-2017 01:16 PM

Quote:

People come and go all the time.

Secondly, they were joking. People call Mick and Stevie money whores all the time. My stance on this is: Nobody is going to turn down that kind of money. That's not said only here at The LEdge, but on FB, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
Okay, good to know!

In that case, Lindsey & Christine really should learn how to whore from Stevie because ticket sales at most of the venues are pretty sad.

button-lip 06-20-2017 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakerofBirds (Post 1212252)
Okay, good to know!

In that case, Lindsey & Christine really should learn how to whore from Stevie because ticket sales at most of the venues are pretty sad.

Then why are you going to one of their shows if sales are so sad?

button-lip 06-20-2017 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankenstein (Post 1212251)
Actually, it seems to be a factor. She recently has complained that records don't sell and that why wouldn't they want to go out on the road and "make a ton of money". Seems like she's stuck in the past and still expects her records to sell millions of copies like they did back in the day.

I think Lindsey is a bigger factor than money because she's also stuck in the past not only when it comes to record sales.

But I agree that money is important to her. More than creativity. Same with her fans. Which is understandable. You can't love someone if you don't agree with them.

jbrownsjr 06-20-2017 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakerofBirds (Post 1212252)
Okay, good to know!

Point taken. Because, had they been marketing themselves the same way (all this time) as she has, they might just sell better. I agree.

HomerMcvie 06-20-2017 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1212253)

Exactly!

I've heard the Stevie forum is chock full of number crunchers. Glad I don't go there!

MakerofBirds 06-20-2017 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1212253)

Because I love their music? Should there be any other reason? I'd like to know since I've been handing them my money for 40 years now.

button-lip 06-20-2017 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakerofBirds (Post 1212262)
Because I love their music? Should there be any other reason? I'd like to know since I've been handing them my money for 40 years now.

When you say "them", you're also talking about Stevie, right?

If you love their music, then sad sales shouldn't be a problem to you. Just go and enjoy their show. It won't be as packed as Stevie's shows but what matters (at least to me) is the quality of the show.

MakerofBirds 06-20-2017 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1212256)
Exactly!

I've heard the Stevie forum is chock full of number crunchers. Glad I don't go there!

Numbers ARE scary and there definitely were some sales numbers over on the Stevie forum during her latest tour. Maybe a pie chart would be better for you? Pie isn't scary.

Mmmm ... pie.

MakerofBirds 06-20-2017 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1212265)
When you say "them", you're also talking about Stevie, right?

If you love their music, then sad sales shouldn't be a problem to you. Just go and enjoy their show. It won't be as packed as Stevie's shows but what matters (at least to me) is the quality of the show.

Yes, I'm talking about all of them, including Stevie. I want Lindsey and Christine to do well. If they lose money or make very little on the tour, they may not do something like this again. I'd love for them to do something like this again. I have no doubt that I'll enjoy the show no matter how many tickets have sold.

button-lip 06-20-2017 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakerofBirds (Post 1212269)
Yes, I'm talking about all of them, including Stevie. I want Lindsey and Christine to do well. If they lose money or make very little on the tour, they may not do something like this again. I'd love for them to do something like this again. I have no doubt that I'll enjoy the show no matter how many tickets have sold.

Good! We don't know what they're planning to do, regardless of venues sales. They could end up doing another album with another smaller tour. They have all been in this business for a long time. I don't think they should learn anything from anybody.

HomerMcvie 06-20-2017 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakerofBirds (Post 1212268)
Numbers ARE scary and there definitely were some sales numbers over on the Stevie forum during her latest tour. Maybe a pie chart would be better for you? Pie isn't scary.

Mmmm ... pie.

I only care about the numbers for their ego's sake.

For myself, I'd be fine being the only person in the audience.

Idk why Stevie fans are always obsessed with numbers...

MakerofBirds 06-20-2017 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1212272)
Good! We don't know what they're planning to do, regardless of venues sales. They could end up doing another album with another smaller tour. They have all been in this business for a long time. I don't think they should learn anything from anybody.

I would definitely be into that!