The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Favourite Stevie song from Tusk (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=54197)

ViscountViktor 09-12-2014 04:09 PM

Favourite Stevie song from Tusk

What's everyone's favourite Stevie song from Tusk?

Mine's either Angel or Beautiful Child.

Why do some people say that BC is her weakest song from Tusk?

I think it's an amazing, atmospheric song, which showcases her voice and harmony, with the one with Lindsey especially beautiful. They should do this with Christine - her on keys would be so great!

My least favourite is probably Sara, good song, just goes on too long!

What's everyone else's?

louielouie2000 09-12-2014 04:35 PM

I go back & forth between Storms & Beautiful Child. Though American Horror has reinvigorated my appreciation for Sara, and Sisters Of The Moon is one of Stevie's most signature tracks as well. The only one I don't care for is Angel. I definitely think Tusk was Stevie's high water mark as an artist.

Macfanforever 09-12-2014 04:49 PM

All of them but Sara I love then Sisters to Storms. Angel.BC probably in that order.

I know I played my Sara 45 rpm until it was unlistenable.I still have it as souvenir.

bethelblues 09-12-2014 05:14 PM

Sara. I'm a huge fan of the Live album version (1980). It's Stevie's "Hotel California," her most complex and probably one of her most emotional songs. I love how it features the band: the driving rhythm section, the guitar shaping the repetition, the piano. Stevie's vocals for the Tusk tour were just ethereal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1jQQ4DTov0. Stevie at her most magical; this is a legendary artist.

Beautiful Child is glorious. One of the all-time great, if under appreciated, rock and roll ballads. I can't believe it took them 25 years to finally do it live. Unacceptable. If I were Stevie's manager, this would be in the 2014 set. Gorgeous music, lyric, and vocals that I think (like Gold Dust Woman) sounds great now with Stevie's matured voice.

I love the Sisters of the Moon piano demo. I have that downloaded. The Tusk and Mirage tour live versions are fantastic. It's a great song that always feels fresh to me, unlike Stevie's more known classics that I routinely skip when they come up in my music library.

Angel and Storms are still growing on me. The Storms record is wonderfully intricate, great production. And I like the Angel live version from the Tusk documentary...Stevie looks like she was having a blast singing it.

TrueFaith77 09-12-2014 05:40 PM

Beautiful Child

WatchChain 09-12-2014 06:36 PM

For me, Stevie's songs from "TUSK" represent her BEST WORK. All 5 songs on the record are simply breathtaking and sublime.

"Beautiful Child" is the best of the 5 songs. The harmonies with Lindsey and Chris are magnificent. I really with they would do this song on the 2014 tour, but it's not going to happen. I doubt we will ever see "Beautiful Child" in the set list again.

fairydust75 09-12-2014 07:14 PM

I think Tusk held her best Fleetwood Mac contributions. Her lyrics, her voice, as well as her Tusk Bun sex appeal.

bethelblues 09-12-2014 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WatchChain (Post 1142426)
I doubt we will ever see "Beautiful Child" in the set list again.

Why is there such hesitation to perform this song live? I just don't get it. It's a fantastic song. Why perform Dreams (a great song, but no casual concertgoer could tell you its name...it wouldn't be missed like Rhiannon or Gold Dust), Gypsy or Silver Springs for the nth time when they could do Beautiful Child or Crystal for that matter?

Lisa W 09-12-2014 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WatchChain (Post 1142426)
For me, Stevie's songs from "TUSK" represent her BEST WORK. All 5 songs on the record are simply breathtaking and sublime.

"Beautiful Child" is the best of the 5 songs. The harmonies with Lindsey and Chris are magnificent. I really with they would do this song on the 2014 tour, but it's not going to happen. I doubt we will ever see "Beautiful Child" in the set list again.

I totally agree that all of Stevie's songs on Tusk represent her best work. I love all five. For many years Storms was my favorite, with Beautiful Child being a close second. Both of those songs have such a straightforward sense of heartbreak that has always moved me.

elle 09-12-2014 09:54 PM

Sisters. without question.

glad to see it seems to be in the setlist again this year.

jbrownsjr 09-13-2014 06:31 AM

Sisters, when it sung right..

Artemis 09-13-2014 11:49 AM

Oh, this is like Sophie's Choice. But Beautiful Child. I cannot praise that song enough. In my opinion it's the greatest vocal of her career too.

Wdm6789 09-13-2014 11:57 AM

Nothing is more beautiful than Sara. I really hope it's on their set list when I see them in October. Christine's piano in Sara just hits the ear so nicely.

ViscountViktor 09-13-2014 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artemis (Post 1142541)
Oh, this is like Sophie's Choice. But Beautiful Child. I cannot praise that song enough. In my opinion it's the greatest vocal of her career too.

I agree with this!

When she sings "There's so little time".... WOW!

Danigirl 09-13-2014 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fairydust75 (Post 1142439)
I think Tusk held her best Fleetwood Mac contributions. Her lyrics, her voice, as well as her Tusk Bun sex appeal.

Yes! Couldn't agree more. I think she was in an experimental stage of her own, right along with Lindsey.