The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   New "We are the world" DVD? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=17889)

wetcamelfood 01-27-2005 08:14 PM

New "We are the world" DVD?

Noticed the "We are the world" USA for Africa thing is getting the "deluxe anniversary issue" treatment on 2/1/05:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...352323-5867117

Does anyone have any further info on this (like if there will be any more LB related stuff on this version or whatever)?

John

wondergirl9847 01-27-2005 08:25 PM

Found this article on Yahoo....

'We Are the World' Turns 20 on DVD

Fri Dec 10, 7:23 PM ET Entertainment - Reuters

By Jonathan Cohen

NEW YORK (Billboard) - The 20th anniversary of the release of USA For Africa's charity single "We Are the World" will be marked Feb. 1 with the DVD "We Are the World: The Story Behind the Song."

The double-disc set, from Image Entertainment, boasts more than four hours of footage from the historic session, which featured some of the biggest names in music.

The announcement comes on the heels of the release of a 20th anniversary version of Band Aid's "Do They Know It's Christmas," the British famine relief charity single that spurred both the USA for Africa tune and the Live Aid concert. A DVD featuring most of the Live Aid performances also hit stores recently.

Bruce Springsteen (news), Michael Jackson (news), Ray Charles, Stevie Wonder, Bob Dylan (news) and Diana Ross were among the artists on hand for the original Jan. 28, 1985, session that birthed "We are the World." It went on to sell more than seven million copies worldwide and win the song and record of the year Grammys (news - web sites).

The single and accompanying album have raised more than $60 million for African famine relief. Proceeds from the upcoming DVD will benefit the same cause.

In addition to an expanded edition of the original "making of" special released on home video in 1985, "The Story Behind the Song" will include a 10th anniversary documentary about the song and two hours of rehearsal and recording footage.

Fans will also be able to use a newly created karaoke function to sing over the song's chorus and instrumental breaks. Additional clips include "We Are the World" performances at the Grammys, American Music Awards and Live Aid.

"I wish I could say that 'We Are The World' solved all the problems it highlighted," says Ken Kragen, one of the original recording session's co-organizers. "Nevertheless, it did shed incredible light on those problems, galvanized many into action and set an example of what people can accomplish when they come together in pursuit of helping others in need."

Reuters/Billboard

GODDESS6 01-27-2005 08:33 PM

i saw a small thing on this, on vh1 classic, looked kinda neat, they showed lindsey, & after all these yrs i still couldn't look & his kramer/seinfeld hairdo & not crack up :] :lol: :] ~ i love the song tho~

Villavic 01-23-2020 08:43 PM

Michael Jackson

I was checking old threads, randomly, and found this, about USA for Africa. I always wanted to know more about how Lindsey was involved in the We are the World session, how he was invited to participate, his impressions, etc. I have not found enough info but I found this curious article about his encounter with Michael Jackson in the... better you read it. ;)

Still interested in the WATW Lindsey participation so if you have some info please share it. In the meantime, just laugh with the MJ episode (was this posted before at The Ledge? I didn't find it):

MJ and LB

HomerMcvie 01-24-2020 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villavic (Post 1255896)
I was checking old threads, randomly, and found this, about USA for Africa. I always wanted to know more about how Lindsey was involved in the We are the World session, how he was invited to participate, his impressions, etc. I have not found enough info but I found this curious article about his encounter with Michael Jackson in the... better you read it. ;)

Still interested in the WATW Lindsey participation so if you have some info please share it. In the meantime, just laugh with the MJ episode (was this posted before at The Ledge? I didn't find it):

MJ and LB

I'm surprised Michael was hanging out in the bathroom.

Most participants were older, established stars. :wavey:

#toosoon

Villavic 01-24-2020 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1255907)
I'm surprised Michael was hanging out in the bathroom.

Most participants were older, established stars. :wavey:

#toosoon

What the hell is happening with me?? It took me several seconds to get the joke! :lol::lol::lol:

elle 01-24-2020 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villavic (Post 1255896)

MJ and LB

don't remember ever seeing that article about ML - LB encounter, thanks for sharing.