The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Christine McVie (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Christine News! (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=36723)

AlanC 07-20-2008 07:35 PM

Christine News!
 
A friend of mine who lives near Uckfield in lower Sussex sent me the following email this week...



Alan,



Hello across the pond! Hope this finds you well my friend and in a crouching position as you will most certainly be chuffed with the latest concerning our beloved Chrissie.

What I have gathered from numerous and extremely reliable sources is that she has been writing exstensively and indeed plans a new album for 2009.

She has been asked to record for a new Mac album this year but declined sorry to say :(

I will update you as I hear anything further!

Cheers,

Robert



I pray that this news is true! A new Lindsey and Christine CD along with an upcoming FM album is more excitement than my heart can take!!!:blob1::thumbsup:

sywlindseyfan 07-20-2008 07:47 PM

This is truly unbelievable, so Chris is going to have another solo album?!?!?!?! And did i understand correctly that she is not going to participate in the Fleetwood Mac album 2009?

sywlindseyfan 07-20-2008 07:49 PM

Thanks soo much for the news by the way!

AlanC 07-20-2008 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sywlindseyfan (Post 764294)
This is truly unbelievable, so Chris is going to have another solo album?!?!?!?! And did i understand correctly that she is not going to participate in the Fleetwood Mac album 2009?



That's what he said but I still have alot of questions. A new Christine album would be awesome if she uses a different producer. Her last album was hit and miss with me.

I loved the songs "Friend", "You Are", "Northern Star" and the closing track but the rest were mis-matched IMO.

I love the Mac but am missing her terribly!

sywlindseyfan 07-20-2008 11:23 PM

You and I together mate, I neeeeeed her to be in Mac.... it's like a drug for me.

Gailh 07-21-2008 03:01 AM

A new album? Does this mean she's fallen in love again? :xoxo:

I hope this is true. the bit about the album I mean. Not that it wouldn't be nice if she'd fallen in love again.... (oh shut up Gail)

Gail

macfan 57 07-21-2008 06:29 AM

I hope this is true. I don't want to get my hopes up though if it's not true.

I'd prefer a CM solo album over her on a FM album anyway since I'd get more CM songs on a solo album.

macfan 57 07-21-2008 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gailh (Post 764339)
A new album? Does this mean she's fallen in love again? :xoxo:

I hope this is true. the bit about the album I mean. Not that it wouldn't be nice if she'd fallen in love again.... (oh shut up Gail)

Gail

Gail, I just sent you a private message.:)

Gailh 07-21-2008 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macfan 57 (Post 764343)
I hope this is true. I don't want to get my hopes up though if it's not true.

I'd prefer a CM solo album over her on a FM album anyway since I'd get more CM songs on a solo album.

I would have liked her to contribute to a new FM album but I'd like a solo album as well because I'm a greedy pig!

If it's one or the other I'll take the solo album

Gail

Musicman408 07-21-2008 07:19 AM

It would've been nice for her to be on the new FM album, but even nicer for her to do the tour.

That being said, I think it is very cool that she is doing a solo album. I would most certainly have to but that thing.

TrueFaith77 07-21-2008 09:08 AM

She should do the Mac album. It's very disappointing to me that they can't come to an agreement on this. Even without her on tour. I also think her nephew should co-produce the Mac album with Lindsey.

That said, I would rather have a solo album than nothing. . . sigh :(

Gailh 07-21-2008 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 (Post 764358)
She should do the Mac album. It's very disappointing to me that they can't come to an agreement on this. Even without her on tour. I also think her nephew should co-produce the Mac album with Lindsey.

That said, I would rather have a solo album than nothing. . . sigh :(

Maybe Dan Perfect will be the other producer on the new FM album so that Lindsey isn't sole producer. In that way Stevie gets at least a member of Christine's family to protect her if not the lady herself. :laugh:

Seriously, if this is true then perhaps Christine just doesn't fancy travelling to L.A. to record or getting "sucked back" into the strange world of Fleetwood Mac.

Gail

TrueFaith77 07-21-2008 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gailh (Post 764360)
Maybe Dan Perfect will be the other producer on the new FM album so that Lindsey isn't sole producer. In that way Stevie gets at least a member of Christine's family to protect her if not the lady herself. :laugh:

Seriously, if this is true then perhaps Christine just doesn't fancy travelling to L.A. to record or getting "sucked back" into the strange world of Fleetwood Mac.

Gail

Well... they should record in England.

Gailh 07-21-2008 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 (Post 764370)
Well... they should record in England.

Well they could but perhaps she just doesn't want to do it. It would be easy enough for Lindsey to pop over for a couple of weeks, get Christine to add some vocals and keyboards to existing tracks and take a couple of her songs back for the others to work on. She's got her own studio and everything.

I've always said they could find a way if there was the collective will to make some music together. Perhaps the lack of will is on Christine's side.

I'd like this news to be true but I'm not getting my hopes up just yet.

Gail

Ulpian 07-21-2008 09:56 AM

Brilliant news if this is true! :nod:

I think ITM had a lot of potential, and I liked it, but it was (intentionally) not marketed extensively nor did it have the involvement of a wide range of producers/music label people. I think given that help, Christine could make a big splash with something new.

:blob2:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved