The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   UK TV in Fleetwood Mac overdrive on Fri 20 Oct, 2019 (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58754)

nodmod 09-08-2019 01:12 PM

UK TV in Fleetwood Mac overdrive on Fri 20 Sept, 2019

UK TV channels BBC Four and Sky Arts have an evening dedicated to Fleetwood Mac on Friday 20 Sept 2019

Fleetwood Mac night on BBC Four, Sept 20th, 2019

Fleetwood Mac – A Musical History
Showing at 20.00
BBC retrospective on Fleetwood Mac, fellow musicians, journalists and fans celebrate the music of Fleetwood Mac with a selection of their best-loved songs.

Fleetwood Mac’s Songbird: Christine McVie
Showing at 21.00
Brand new 90 min documentary on Christine McVie, featuring interviews with Mick Fleetwood, John McVie & Stevie Nicks

Fleetwood Mac – Don’t Stop
Showing at 22.30
BBC documentary on the band from 2009, featuring interviews with Lindsey Buckingham, Stevie Nicks, Mick Fleetwood & John McVie

Fleetwood Mac night on Sky Arts, Sept 20th, 2019

Brian Johnson’s Life on the Road with Mick Fleetwood
Showing at 21.00

Classic Albums: Rumours
Showing at 22.00

The Us Festival 1982: the US Generation Documentary
Showing at 23.15

http://fleetwoodmac-uk.com/wp/uk-activities/#tv

ricohv 09-08-2019 04:44 PM

Thanks for the heads up!
Anyone know: Who is Brian Johnson & what is "Brian Johnson’s Life on the Road with Mick Fleetwood"?
thanks, Ricoh

Hawkeye 09-08-2019 04:57 PM

Brian Johnson is the Lead singer of AC/DC.

jbrownsjr 09-08-2019 07:38 PM

A 90 Minute Film on Christine McVie? Holy Cow!

$tevie is going to fire her!!

FuzzyPlum 09-09-2019 12:19 AM

Just to be clear this is 20th September, not 20th October.

Channel 4
Fleetwood Mac's Songbird: Christine McVie

Christine McVie is undoubtedly the longest-serving female band member of any of the enduring rock ‘n’ roll acts that emerged from the 1960s. While she has never fronted Fleetwood Mac, preferring to align herself with ‘the boys’ in the rhythm section whom she first joined 50 years ago, Christine is their most successful singer-songwriter. Her hits include ‘Over My Head’, ‘Don’t Stop’ and ‘Everywhere’.

After massive global success in both the late 1970s and mid-1980s, Christine left the band in the late 1990s, quitting California and living in semi-retirement in Kent, only to rejoin the band in 2014. In this 90-minute film, this most English of singers finally gets to take centre-stage and tell both her story and the saga of Fleetwood Mac from her point of view.

Credits:
Interviewed Guest Christine McVie
Interviewed Guest Stevie Nicks
Interviewed Guest Mick Fleetwood
Interviewed Guest John McVie
Interviewed Guest Neil Finn
Interviewed Guest Mike Campbell
Interviewed Guest Stan Webb
Interviewed Guest Nancy Wilson
Executive Producer Mark Cooper
Director Matt O'Casey

I'm hoping there'll be more interviews than these listed. This must be the programme Richard Dashut was interviewed for- Surely he wasn't cut. It'll be interesting to hear from Stan Webb.

It's odd that two UK channels are holding Fleetwood Mac nights on the same day. These channels aren't linked in any way. I think the Christine McVie documentary is the only new programme.

jbrownsjr 09-09-2019 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1254120)

Channel 4

Christine McVie is undoubtedly the longest-serving female band member of any of the enduring rock ‘n’ roll acts that emerged from the 1960s. While she has never fronted Fleetwood Mac, preferring to align herself with ‘the boys’ in the rhythm section whom she first joined 50 years ago, Christine is their most successful singer-songwriter. Her hits include ‘Over My Head’, ‘Don’t Stop’ and ‘Everywhere’.

After massive global success in both the late 1970s and mid-1980s, Christine left the band in the late 1990s, quitting California and living in semi-retirement in Kent, only to rejoin the band in 2014. In this 90-minute film, this most English of singers finally gets to take centre-stage and tell both her story and the saga of Fleetwood Mac from her point of view.

Credits:
Director Matt O'Casey

I'm hoping there'll be more interviews than these listed. This must be the programme Richard Dashut was interviewed for- Surely he wasn't cut. It'll be interesting to hear from Stan Webb.

It's odd that two UK channels are holding Fleetwood Mac nights on the same day. These channels aren't linked in any way. I think the Christine McVie documentary is the only new programme.

Thank you clarifying this! This is extremely exciting. :thumbsup:

Mr Scarrott 09-09-2019 07:58 AM

Quote:

Channel 4

Credits:
Director Matt O'Casey

Hi Fuzzy, you've put Channel 4 here, but I think you actually meant BBC4? We're both Brits, I think! :)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0008k8q

I'm looking forward to this, particularly regarding the early years. I suspect Mr B's defenestration will be artfully glossed over, but we shall see...

FuzzyPlum 09-09-2019 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott (Post 1254123)
Hi Fuzzy, you've put Channel 4 here, but I think you actually meant BBC4? We're both Brits, I think! :)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0008k8q

I'm looking forward to this, particularly regarding the early years. I suspect Mr B's defenestration will be artfully glossed over, but we shall see...

Yes, I'm a Welsh, Surrey dwelling Brit. Sorry, meant to put BBC 4, not Channel 4.
Hmm, as far as I can tell, there's no link between those two channels so it seems a really strange coincidence they'll both be putting on Fleetwood Mac themed nights.. It's almost as if some people somewhere are in the know about something.

Sorry to bang on and bore people but Fleetwood Mac are now among the strong favourites for headlining at Glasto next year. I was skeptical this would ever happen (especially with the current touring schedule coming to an end) but with the Classic East/West shows a couple of years ago they do have recent form when it comes to getting together for one off events (there was also the one-off benefit gig a few years back). The festival often announce one of their headline acts in the autumn. I wonder whether there might be an announcement pending, hence the reason for TV schedulers to have something set up ready to coincide. This could also add some context to the otherwise curious forthcoming release of a new Rumours deluxe package. If they do do Glastonbury it will be a very bitter-sweet feeling. I'll be excited to see how they go down but desperately sad the festival goers wont be getting the proper Fleetwood Mac treatment.

...or maybe I'm just reading too much into it.

sue 09-09-2019 03:37 PM

The ..”Don’t stop” documentary on at 22:30, has been on loads of times.
I had it recorded at one time, it’s pretty good and interesting.

It is a basic history of the Mac since formation thro to 2009.
Worth watching if you’ve never seen it before...

aleuzzi 09-09-2019 04:29 PM

Quote:

I'm hoping there'll be more interviews than these listed. This must be the programme Richard Dashut was interviewed for- Surely he wasn't cut.

I am THRILLED this documentary is going to see the light of day. So so so so sad that Lindsey is not listed. Even with his recent problems with the band, I'll bet he would have contributed. And it's a pity Bob Welch isn't here and that he and Christine were not on speaking terms when he was alive. I'm sure he would have offered a valuable perspective. What on earth can Mike Campbell and Neil Finn say that wouldn't be scripted or superficial?

jbrownsjr 09-09-2019 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1254130)
I am THRILLED this documentary is going to see the light of day. So so so so sad that Lindsey is not listed. Even with his recent problems with the band, I'll bet he would have contributed. And it's a pity Bob Welch isn't here and that he and Christine were not on speaking terms when he was alive. I'm sure he would have offered a valuable perspective. What on earth can Mike Campbell and Neil Finn say that wouldn't be scripted or superficial?

Can you imagine a 90 documentary about Christine McVie without Lindsey's input???

The actually wrote the most songs together. They just recently made an album together. Their collaborations, in part, led to her return to the band/studio. :eek:

aleuzzi 09-09-2019 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1254131)
Can you imagine a 90 documentary about Christine McVie without Lindsey's input???

The actually wrote the most songs together. They just recently made an album together. Their collaborations, in part, led to her return to the band/studio. :eek:

I know, it’s hideous

elle 09-09-2019 09:16 PM

Quote:

it's disgusting.

Storms123 09-09-2019 09:32 PM

Quote:

They've really turned into a caricature of themselves in all of the worst ways. It's truly disgusting. Thankfully this tour is almost over and hopefully FM is done!

jbrownsjr 09-10-2019 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1254135)
it's disgusting.

Elle!!! I've missed you.

And, yes it is.

jbrownsjr 09-10-2019 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storms123 (Post 1254136)
They've really turned into a caricature of themselves in all of the worst ways. It's truly disgusting. Thankfully this tour is almost over and hopefully FM is done!

No way!! This new band in going to go into the studio and make new music because now $he is HAPPY!!

aleuzzi 09-10-2019 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1254145)
No way!! This new band in going to go into the studio and make new music because now $he is HAPPY!!

Hahahahahaha. Yes. They're going to break new ground with "calling cards" and heaps of new songs and a whole new wardrobe for Stevie.

michelej1 09-10-2019 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1254145)

No longer a sad angel.

jbrownsjr 09-10-2019 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1254151)
No longer a sad angel.

$he is a $treet Angel now!!
The tree is bare, but the root of it
Goes deeper than logical reasoning!!

lovethemac1 09-11-2019 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1254148)
Hahahahahaha. Yes. They're going to break new ground with "calling cards" and heaps of new songs and a whole new wardrobe for Stevie.

Considering how long she's worn the same thing, they'll have to remove her standard costume with a jackhammer, I'm betting.

jbrownsjr 09-11-2019 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovethemac1 (Post 1254168)
Considering how long she's worn the same thing, they'll have to remove her standard costume with a jackhammer, I'm betting.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: Like peeling a potato.

HomerMcvie 09-12-2019 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1254169)
:laugh::laugh::laugh: Like peeling a potato.

The Spanx has probably stuck to every inch of her body with moldy sweat.:wavey:

aleuzzi 09-12-2019 05:27 PM

Back to Christine, I’m really looking forward to this—even in Lindsey’s conspicuous and ridiculous absence.

jbrownsjr 09-12-2019 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1254180)
Back to Christine, I’m really looking forward to this—even in Lindsey’s conspicuous and ridiculous absence.

I'm floored they are doing a piece on her. 90 minutes! Someone realized she is the heart of Fleetwood Mac and the rest are children.

aleuzzi 09-12-2019 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1254183)
I'm floored they are doing a piece on her. 90 minutes! Someone realized she is the heart of Fleetwood Mac and the rest are children.

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssss

jbrownsjr 09-14-2019 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1254184)
Yessssssssssssssssssssssssss

Long ago!!
Before the moon was young,
and before the first love song had ever been sung!!!

nodmod 09-15-2019 07:53 AM

Quote:

thanks, corrected

aleuzzi 09-20-2019 02:25 PM

Can’t wait to stream the C. McVie one!

sue 09-20-2019 04:23 PM

Can’t wait for the last five minutes , to see yet another load of sh**te explaining what they did 18 months ago.

Storms123 09-20-2019 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sue (Post 1254239)
Can’t wait for the last five minutes , to see yet another load of sh**te explaining what they did 18 months ago.

I did see a clip where John and Chris talked about Lindsey and Stevie joining the band, talked about "them" joining the band, how the 3 part harmonies gave everyone chllls, they showed pictures of Lindsey, but actually never mentioned his name.

These people are disgusting.

sue 09-20-2019 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storms123 (Post 1254240)
I did see a clip where John and Chris talked about Lindsey and Stevie joining the band, talked about "them" joining the band, how the 3 part harmonies gave everyone chllls, they showed pictures of Lindsey, but actually never mentioned his name.

These people are disgusting.

It’s late, here...I’ll watch it tomorrow.

bombaysaffires 09-20-2019 08:26 PM

First impressions--

The first doc is a bunch of Brit performers narrating the story of FM with a series of the band's performance films and MTV videos, from the white album through Buckingham McVie.

The other band doc is an old one I've seen before.

The Profile of Christine one is great, it's a mix of old films and current interviews with everyone in the band, even John:eek: Great stuff from him we haven't heard before. I haven't had a chance to savor all of it but the first half hour or so and it's all sorts of people she played with and knew going back to the 60s. She and John in different clips tell how they met etc. Showing where they used to live. Films of her winning Melody Maker female singer of the year award in 1969....great stuff.

Benifolds......Bob Welch. Surprisingly good things to say about him. Oh, then she says the whole time he was in the band he was a "heroin junkie"

She's wearing her Stevie moon in diamonds, and this looks like many of her interview bits were recorded during that time where she had way too much filler in her face. But it's amazing to get a whole 90 min profile of her.

bombaysaffires 09-20-2019 08:36 PM

oh geebus.... Stevie claims she was working THREE jobs simultaneously with her "music job" during BN days. :laugh:

Oh Stevie says his name..........she says "They needed Lindsey". It's hard to tell from her facial expressions when this was filmed. No emotion on her face at all. There has been a short clip with Neil so it would seem it was put together after the whole firing. :shrug:

bombaysaffires 09-20-2019 08:39 PM

Chris explains that Over My Head was inspired by Lindsey. "I don't think he ever knew that, but-- he knows NOW!" and she points at the camera and laughs.

Nancy Wilson from Heart comments about how great a song it is.

bombaysaffires 09-20-2019 08:40 PM

Mike is in it.

And....there's Richard. Current day Richard. He talked about having done some kind of doc, so this was it.

bombaysaffires 09-20-2019 08:42 PM

"I could no more do twirls in chiffon than Stevie could play blues on the piano" :lol:

Storms123 09-20-2019 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires;1254247[B
]Chris explains that Over My Head was inspired by Lindsey. "I don't think he ever knew that, but-- he knows NOW!" and she points at the camera and laughs.[/B]

Nancy Wilson from Heart comments about how great a song it is.

HA--You think he cares now Christine ?

bombaysaffires 09-20-2019 08:59 PM

Neil has worked with Christine on a song. :eek:

Interesting, they play quite a bit of the music of Stevie's piano demo for Planets. I wonder if they think it's Chris.....

The final straw with John was a night at the Gotham Hotel in NY where it got ugly and Chris felt basically in danger though they are all very delicate how they talk about it. :distress:

They all tried to hide Chris's relationship with Curry from John. But he figured it out. Curry got fired because John was mad about it.

bombaysaffires 09-20-2019 09:09 PM

the Dennis years. :eek:

The Tusk tour did them all in.

Oh, the infamous NZ incident. Stevie says when Lindsey wanted to get to her he would "go into his Rhiannon stance". Chris says she thought it was unprofessional and rude. Stevie says she would just give him a stare when he did it. One night he threw a guitar at her. She ducked because "I'm fast". Chris saw it. "I had it" and when they went offstage Stevie chased after him "but Chris got there first". Chris says she threw her glass of wine in his face and berated him and said "That's really professional" she thought that it was "rude"

bombaysaffires 09-20-2019 09:15 PM

Stevie says when FM goes offstage they all go their separate ways and don't talk. except her and Chris of course, they talk. Then after about a year the managers start calling them and they get ready to go do an album (Mirage)