The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Lindsey Buckingham Asks $29.5 Million for Los Angeles Estate (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58661)

kak125 04-17-2019 10:02 AM

Lindsey Buckingham Asks $29.5 Million for Los Angeles Estate

Musician Lindsey Buckingham and his wife Kristen are listing their custom-built estate in Los Angeles’s Brentwood area for $29.5 million.

Mr. Buckingham, a longtime guitarist and singer for the band Fleetwood Mac, split with the group last year, according to numerous media reports.

The former Fleetwood Mac member shares this roughly 10,000-square-foot home with his wife Kristen, who oversaw the property’s interior design.

Sitting on more than an acre and behind double gates, the roughly 10,000-square-foot home has a large motorcourt and landscaped grounds, according to the listing. It has seven bedrooms, a 2-story tower, an office and a covered outdoor space with a fireplace and a barbecue area. On the grounds there is a large pool with a pavilion, a tennis court, a gym, a three-car garage, a guesthouse and a recording studio that doubles as a screening room.

Jeff Hyland, one of the listing agents, said his clients are selling because they have been constructing a new home nearby for the past two years, and the project is near completion. “It’s a point where the kids are off at school and they are downsizing,” Mr. Hyland said.

The Buckinghams designed and built the home about 15 years ago, buying the land for about $6.6 million in 2004, public records show. Mr. Buckingham’s wife Kristen is an interior designer and oversaw the design of the property, Mr. Hyland said.

Mr. Hyland is listing the home alongside Jade Mills of Coldwell Banker Global Luxury.

The link has pics of the house.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/former-...0c2170e13d4426

michelej1 04-17-2019 12:36 PM

Just as long as this has already been planned. I don't want to think Lindsey's health dictated a move. But it is true that they've had that other property for some time now.

Storms123 04-17-2019 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1252169)
Just as long as this has already been planned. I don't want to think Lindsey's health dictated a move. But it is true that they've had that other property for some time now.

I did read on another article they’ve been in construction on another house for2 years. With 2 of the kids in college, makes sense to downsize. I do hope he’s healing well though

bombaysaffires 04-17-2019 01:54 PM

wow, so odd.... I was just in LA and we drove by there and we commented that the house seemed very unlived in in some odd way compared to in past trips. That explains it. There were a few nearby homes under construction; I remembered reading they had purchased another one very close by... but if this one's for sale their new house wouldn't have been as unfinished as the ones we saw... Clearly Stevie isn't the only one with the moving every few years bug... lol

Also I remember being a little surprised reading during the lawsuit days that John now lives very nearby. (As does -- or did -- Trent Reznor)

bombaysaffires 04-17-2019 02:05 PM

WSJ requires a subscription to view full article and pics.

LA Times does not:

https://www.latimes.com/business/rea...417-story.html

Article about the property they bought several years ago that appears to be the one they tore down and rebuilt to move into now. (The one mentioned a mile away is the one Kristen rehabbed and sold)
https://variety.com/2014/dirt/real-e...od-1201242055/

dreamsunwind 04-17-2019 02:17 PM

Those pictures...someone needs to tell Kristen there is such a thing as overdecorating lol.

button-lip 04-17-2019 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1252171)
wow, so odd.... I was just in LA and we drove by there and we commented that the house seemed very unlived in in some odd way compared to in past trips. That explains it. There were a few nearby homes under construction; I remembered reading they had purchased another one very close by... but if this one's for sale their new house wouldn't have been as unfinished as the ones we saw... Clearly Stevie isn't the only one with the moving every few years bug... lol

Also I remember being a little surprised reading during the lawsuit days that John now lives very nearby. (As does -- or did -- Trent Reznor)

A fresh start, maybe? Yes, John lives near them. He probably doesn't want to see any of those ugly faces anymore! :nod::nod: :laugh:

bombaysaffires 04-17-2019 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamsunwind (Post 1252173)
Those pictures...someone needs to tell Kristen there is such a thing as overdecorating lol.

the floral curtains don't work for me :shrug:

and the antique mirrors in the dressing room are pretty but not as functional

elle 04-17-2019 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1252172)
WSJ requires a subscription to view full article and pics.

LA Times does not:

https://www.latimes.com/business/rea...417-story.html

Article about the property they bought several years ago that appears to be the one they tore down and rebuilt to move into now. (The one mentioned a mile away is the one Kristen rehabbed and sold)
https://variety.com/2014/dirt/real-e...od-1201242055/

ha nice find about the other house they recently bought!

here's the whole text of LA Times article (might be the same as WSJ) -

Lindsey Buckingham seeks $29.5-million haul for Brentwood compound
By NEAL J. LEITEREG
APR 17, 2019 | 9:15 AM

Lindsey Buckingham seeks $29.5-million haul for Brentwood compound

Lindsey Buckingham, formerly of Fleetwood Mac, and his wife, designer Kristen Buckingham, custom built the French Normandy-style home of about 10,000 square feet. The Brentwood property is now for sale at $29.5 million. (Adam Latham)

Rock ’n’ roll icon Lindsey Buckingham and his wife, Kristen, have listed their longtime Brentwood compound at $29.5 million as they near completion on a new home in the area.

The couple purchased the double-lot property in 2004 for $6.6 million and had the estate custom built. Kristen Buckingham, who has her own design firm, handled the interiors, which blend Old World and Traditional elements with a range of modern comforts.

Fronted by a large motor court, the French Normandy-inspired mansion features a white-painted brick exterior and weeping mortar that give it a whimsical vibe. About 10,000 square feet of interior space includes a rotunda entry with a sweeping spiral staircase that opens to formal living and dining rooms.

Lindsey and Kristen Buckingham's Brentwood estate | Hot Property
(Adam Latham)

1 / 20
A billiard room sits down a long hallway and connects to a wood-paneled den with a fireplace. The farmhouse-style kitchen is outfitted with professional-grade appliances.

The master suite is on the main level and has a sitting room, a fireplace, walk-in closets and a dressing room. Four additional en suite bedrooms lie upstairs.

Set on 1.3 acres of manicured grounds, the property also has a tennis court, a gym, a guest house and a screening room. Open patio spaces, a built-in barbecue, gardens and a swimming pool with a pavilion fill out the grounds.

Lindsey Buckingham, 69, gained fame as a songwriter, a lead vocalist and lead guitarist for the British American rock band Fleetwood Mac. He was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a member of the group in 1998. He is not part of the band’s current lineup.

Last year, the couple sold another Brentwood home they custom built for $19 million. They have been constructing a new Brentwood home for themselves over the last two years.

Jeff Hyland of Hilton & Hyland and Jade Mills of Coldwell Banker Global Luxury hold the listing.

also in Architectural Digest -
https://www.architecturaldigest.com/...brentwood-home

CELEBRITY STYLE
Fleetwood Mac's Lindsey Buckingham Lists Brentwood Home for $29.5 Million
The musician and his wife, interior designer Kristen Messner, built the home from the ground up 15 years ago

By Joyce Chen
April 17, 2019

a white house with a round tower with a stone driveway at night

The former Fleetwood Mac member's home is fully customized.

Photo: Adam Latham; Courtesy of Hilton & Highland

Lindsey Buckingham and his wife, Kristen Messner, are ready to move on from the their longtime custom-built home in Brentwood, California. Just one year after selling another house in the same luxe neighborhood, the former Fleetwood Mac guitarist and singer and Messner, an interior designer, have put their 10,000-square-foot mansion on the market for $29.5 million. The large price tag is no doubt commensurate with the amount of time, effort, and money they poured into constructing the abode in 2004, when they purchased the land for $6.6 million and built the sprawling home from the ground up.

a room with two chandeliers light blue walls with a scene painted on them a wood dining room table and green chairs

The dining room in Lindsey Buckingham's home in Brentwood, California, is painted with an elaborate mural.

Photo: Adam Latham; Courtesy of Hilton & Highland

The house sits on 1.3 acres behind a set of secure double gates, with an impressive driveway and motor court leading up to the grand front entrance. There are a total of seven bedrooms on the premises, all boasting a blend of old-world and traditional aesthetics with a range of modern comforts. The exterior of the home is French Normandy–inspired, with a white painted-brick façade that opens onto a rotunda entryway featuring a spiral staircase that twists dramatically up to the second story. Just off the front entryway is a formal living room with exposed beam ceilings, an exquisite chandelier hanging above the space, and a stately fireplace with a molded mantel off to one side. The formal dining room features not one, but two similarly impressive chandeliers, as well as a mural that covers all four walls.

a kitchen with grey cabinetry a tiled floor a table and an island

The kitchen in Buckingham's home.

Photo: Adam Latham; Photo courtesy of Jade Mills

Elsewhere on the first floor is an impressive wood-paneled study with built-in shelves and cabinets ideal for displaying books, awards, and other memorabilia. A set of heavy wooden double doors connects to a billiard room beyond that, featuring handsome striped wallpaper. The multiroom master suite is unusually located on the main floor as well, and includes its own sitting room, fireplace, walk-in closets, and a dressing room. Additional en suite bedrooms are located on the second floor.

a room with striped wallpaper a pool table and two lights hanging from the ceiling

The billiard room in Buckingham's home.

Photo: Adam Latham; Courtesy of Hilton & Hyland

In addition to the impressively manicured grounds, the property also boasts a tennis court, a guesthouse, a gym, and a screening room that doubles as a recording studio. There is also a swimming pool with adjacent pavilion, numerous open patio spaces, and a built-in barbecue for entertaining.

a green yard with tall evergreen trees an inground pool and a cabana with vines growing over it.

The pool in Buckingham's backyard.

Photo: Adam Latham; Photo courtesy of Jade Mills

Last year, the couple sold another custom-built Brentwood home for $19 million. And their impetus to put this $29.5 million mansion on the market is, in fact, because they’re almost done with yet another Brentwood home they’ve been constructing over the last two years.

TrueFaith77 04-17-2019 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1252175)

Honestly, this isn’t because I’m a Lindsey fan but if I could afford it I would love Kristen to decorate my home.

TrueFaith77 04-17-2019 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1252169)

It might be a good sign that he’s healthy enough to move

HomerMcvie 04-17-2019 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 (Post 1252190)
It might be a good sign that he’s healthy enough to move

I doubt he'd be humping a piano down a flight of stairs, before OR after the heart attack!:lol:

jmn3 04-17-2019 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1252191)
he'd be humping a piano

there's a visual I wasn't expecting :D

dreamsunwind 04-17-2019 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1252175)

It's all just so much, everywhere. It's like she has a particular vendetta against a plain wall.

HomerMcvie 04-18-2019 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmn3 (Post 1252192)
there's a visual I wasn't expecting :D

Taking Jerry Lee Lewis to a new level.

And it was his cousin's piano!!!!:];):sorry::wavey:

sue 04-18-2019 03:18 AM

I’m taking the house sale as a good sign..
You know ..life goes on etc, let’s get back to normal.

However, I do wish he would give out a small press release, just to reassure everyone.

BTW it’s a very beautiful house.

TrueFaith77 04-18-2019 06:16 AM

Quote:

I doubt he'd be humping a piano down a flight of stairs, before OR after the heart attack!:lol:

I guess because moving was Top 3 most traumatic events of my life, I think of it as inherently stressful.

But maybe Kristen takes care of all that.

Still, doesn't he have a recording studio in his current home?

Will he at the new home?

Feather Blade 04-18-2019 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamsunwind (Post 1252194)
It's all just so much, everywhere. It's like she has a particular vendetta against a plain wall.

Agree, not an inch of uncluttered space anywhere, yet it all looks very impersonal. (though I do see a couple of pairs of riding boots in the closet and of course there is the guitar in the sitting room, so at least a couple of signs that someone actually lives there) I do think the house itself and grounds are very pretty. Especially the outdoor living areas.

HomerMcvie 04-18-2019 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 (Post 1252199)
I guess because moving was Top 3 most traumatic events of my life, I think of it as inherently stressful.

But maybe Kristen takes care of all that.

Will he at the new home?

Well it is, BUT, I've never had the kind of money to pay people to do all that sh*t for you, so I'm sure it's much easier doing it that way.

It sounds like the new place was designed way before his heart attack, so I'd bet anything that it does.

bombaysaffires 04-18-2019 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 (Post 1252199)
Will he at the new home?

I was wondering same thing. I can't imagine he won't. Unlike most of us they can afford to get the new house all set up before moving out of the old one, so I would bet he would have gotten that incorporated into the plans for the new house (to be clear- they tore down the house they bought and built a custom new one on the lot)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feather Blade (Post 1252200)
Agree, not an inch of uncluttered space anywhere, yet it all looks very impersonal. (though I do see a couple of pairs of riding boots in the closet and of course there is the guitar in the sitting room, so at least a couple of signs that someone actually lives there) I do think the house itself and grounds are very pretty. Especially the outdoor living areas.

The pics would have been taken specifically to sell the house not to highlight their style (they already did magazine stories for that purpose when she finished decorating it years ago). Realtors will always tell sellers to remove the bulk of their personal stuff because you want potential buyers to be able to envision THEIR stuff in the house not be distracted by YOUR stuff.

Storms123 04-18-2019 05:55 PM

Quote:

This made me LOL--thank you. And while I wholeheartedly agree, I did see a pic on Kristen's IG a while back of Lindsey picking up dog poop--so while I am sure The Buckingham's have some help, I think Lindsey is far more self sufficient than the rest of his former bandmates.

elle 04-18-2019 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1252208)
I was wondering same thing. I can't imagine he won't. Unlike most of us they can afford to get the new house all set up before moving out of the old one, so I would bet he would have gotten that incorporated into the plans for the new house (to be clear- they tore down the house they bought and built a custom new one on the lot)

The pics would have been taken specifically to sell the house not to highlight their style (they already did magazine stories for that purpose when she finished decorating it years ago). Realtors will always tell sellers to remove the bulk of their personal stuff because you want potential buyers to be able to envision THEIR stuff in the house not be distracted by YOUR stuff.

i was chuckling at the ad listing the studio as a "screening room doubling as a home studio".

it's kinda bittersweet for a fan, there were all those home vids for UTS and SWS that were recorded in that house and especially in his studio. even so many of his recent IG and twitter posts were from that home studio. on the other hand, it seems almost like a perfect timing with all the crap from last year that they were apparently anyway planning to turn a new leaf. i remember everyone wondering why they bought a 3rd house in Brentwood and how many flips are they doing simultaneously. they might be the type of people like Ellen described once who always wants to redo yet another house. on the other hand, i love that my kids feel our house is their home and where so many of their childhood memories were made, not sure whether their kids would feel the same.

and yeah re pics, we've seen so many in articles about KB's design in the past, it's interesting to see different rooms, but some definitely look very different from the pics we've seem (and LB promo videos were clearly made all over that property. even very recent ones) and so seems at least some rooms have been staged for the sale. wonder whether they still live there but considering the staging, maybe not?

michelej1 04-19-2019 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1252212)

it's kinda bittersweet for a fan, there were all those home vids for UTS and SWS that were recorded in that house and especially in his studio.

I felt sad and wistful when he left his "house on the hill," especially that rain room. He and Richard, he and FM, he and interviewers had been seen in photos there so many times.

AliceLover 04-19-2019 12:54 PM

Meh, it doesn't seem comfortable to me.

HOWEVER, that pool and outer deck area looks phenom. Can picture having cocktails out there while the sun sets. Very nice. Only need 29 million!

elle 05-22-2019 08:04 PM

now when LB's "return to stage" has been top story in the last few days, this listing gained additional articles, like this new one in Variety -

https://variety.com/2019/dirt/real-e...ac-1203224130/

Fleetwood Mac’s Lindsey Buckingham Lists Brentwood Estate
By MARK DAVID
@YourMamaTweets

View Gallery
12 Images
Location: Los Angeles, Calif. Price: $29.5 million Size: (approx.) 10,000 square feet, 7 bedrooms, 6 full and 2 half bathrooms

Rock and roll royal Lindsey Buckingham of Fleetwood Mac and interior decorator Kristen Buckingham have hung a $29.5 million price tag on their timelessly sophisticated estate in the Brentwood area of Los Angeles. The real estate and design savvy couple acquired the 1.2-acre spread in 2004 for $6.6 million and subsequently custom built the approximately 10,000 square foot, casually aristocratic European manor house at the head of a broad, circular drive behind fortified gates and a high, vine-encrusted wall.

Designed for both elegant entertaining and relaxed day-to-day living, the seven bedroom and six full and two half bathroom spread offers grandly proportioned formal living and dining rooms along with a cozy paneled den with antique a brick fireplace and an eat-in kitchen that evokes the relaxed, hardworking spirit of a rural farmhouse but is finely finished with bespoke craftsmanship and hums with a chef’s wish list of up-to-date premium quality appliances. An awning-shaded vintage brick patio overlooks the tree and hedge privatized backyard with its manicured gardens and great sweep of lawn while a detached two-story pavilion has an open air poolside loggia with outdoor fireplace on its top level and, downstairs, a fitness room that opens out to the tennis court. A detached garage sits atop a presumably soundproofed recording studio with a guest or staff apartment upstairs.

The Buckinghams, who own a second property just down the street, which they bought in 2014 for almost $6.5 million and where they’re in the end stages of building a brand new mansion, are increasingly well-known in high-end property gossip circles for having sold a couple of sumptuous estates in some of L.A.’s more coveted zip codes. In 2005 they sold a Spanish Colonial mansion in Bel Air for almost $20 million and in 2012 they plunked down $5.8 million for a plum parcel along one of Brentwood’s most sought after streets where they custom built a cedar-shingled neo-Georgian mansion that came up for sale over the summer of 2017 at $22.5 million and sold the following spring for $19 million.

michelej1 05-23-2019 12:47 PM

I noticed that when you do a search, the Rolling Stone article on his high school performance says "highly cited," so the story got a lot of circulation.

I'm not exactly sure which one Lindsey is, but the name Lindsey Buckingham is definitely familiar to me.

elle 06-01-2019 09:39 AM

i like the positivity / optimism radiating from that last line. also, lots of pics.

https://www.realtor.com/news/celebri...rentwood-home/

CELEBRITY REAL ESTATE
Rocker Lindsey Buckingham Puts His Palace in Brentwood on the Market
By Lisa Johnson Mandell | May 31, 2019

Lindsey-Buckingham
Kevin Mazur/Getty Images for Scoop Marketing

If you happen to purchase a property owned by former Fleetwood Mac guitarist Lindsey Buckingham, you're not simply acquiring a place with a rock star pedigree. A buyer will also benefit from the mad skills of an elite interior designer—Buckingham's wife, Kristen.

The Buckinghams bought a 1.2-acre double lot in Brentwood, CA, for $6.6 million in 2004. They then proceeded to build a custom home suited to their tastes, which they're now ready to part with. We can safely say Kristen's refined style is responsible for just a bit of the mansion's $29.5 million asking price.

We know the couple has great taste—several years ago, they built a spec home in Brentwood for $5.8 million, which Kristen completely remodeled and redecorated. They sold the place in 2018 for a whopping $19 million. Nice flip!

Related Articles
Lindsey Buckingham's Wife Puts Personal Touch on Brentwood Palace
Lindsey Buckingham's Brentwood home is for sale.
Terrace

But the eight-bedroom home they're now selling isn't just another pricey flip. They've lived there with their three children for almost 15 years.

Every room in the European country home looks elegant, yet comfortably lived in. It's the type of traditional yet stately country style that's difficult to intentionally duplicate.

Living room
Living roomhttps://www.realtor.com/news/celebrity-real-estate/lindsey-buckingham-wife-brentwood-home/
Each of the nine full baths and two half baths is unique, as is each of the home's eight fireplaces.
One of eight fireplaces
The recreation facilities reflect an active family life—they include a large pool, pool pavilion, championship tennis court, and a gym. The property also includes lush lawns, gardens, and patios, and, away from the house, a three-car garage and guesthouse.
Pool and poolhouse
Tennis court
Other exceptional features include a two-story stairwell tower with spiral staircase, a wood-paneled family room, a billiard room, and a spacious gourmet farmhouse-style kitchen with professional appliances.
Wood-paneled family room
Farmhouse kitchen
There's also a master suite that takes up an entire wing, with a private entrance, sitting room, fireplace, cushy bathroom, dual walk-in closets, and a dressing room.
Bathroom

Buckingham, 69, is a three-time Grammy winner and Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee.

In addition to his work with Fleetwood Mac, he's a prolific solo artist. He's currently promoting his latest album, "Solo Anthology: The Best of Lindsey Buckingham."

Lisa Johnson Mandell is an award-winning writer who covers lifestyle, entertainment, real estate, design, and travel. Find her on AtHomeInHollywood.com.

michelej1 06-01-2019 02:22 PM

The graduation video was the best thing that could have happened. It changed our perception of him. The hospital gown image is erased (although I am very grateful we got that) and now everyone just thinks of him being in his Lindsey uniform following his normal routine.

bombaysaffires 06-18-2019 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1252216)
I felt sad and wistful when he left his "house on the hill," especially that rain room. He and Richard, he and FM, he and interviewers had been seen in photos there so many times.

well if it makes you feel any better he still has the low wicker stool that was in that room in his studio (or did have, as it was in photos in his studio in the Brentwood house up for sale).

elle 06-24-2019 06:58 PM

sold!

that was fast. there's a composite of the whole property if you click the link.

https://www.mansionglobal.com/articl...a-month-204429

CELEBRITY
Fleetwood Mac’s Lindsey Buckingham Bags Buyer for Mansion in a Month
The Los Angeles house, built in 2007, was asking $29.5 million

BY LIZ LUCKING | ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED ON JUNE 24, 2019 | MANSION

Lindsey Buckingham has found a buyer for his Los Angeles home
COMPOSITE: GOOGLE MAPS; STEVE GRANITZ/GETTY IMAGES

In just over one month, former Fleetwood Mac star Lindsey Buckingham has found a buyer for his $29.5 million Los Angeles mansion.

The sprawling home, in the city’s Brentwood neighborhood, is pending sale as of Monday, listing records show. It hit the market May 20, just 34 days ago.
More: Only Private Home in U.S. Designed by Ai Weiwei Asks $5.25 Million

Hidden from the street by double gates and trees, the private home—which sits on more than an acre of land—is described by its listing as a “world-class celebrity compound.”

The house was built in 2007, three years after Mr. Buckingham, 69, and his wife, Kristen, bought the parcel for $6.6 million, according to property records.

The 10,000-square-foot spread has formal living areas, wood-burning fireplaces, a billiard room and a two-story tower with a spiral staircase, the listing said.

Meanwhile, on the grounds are patios, a pool, a pool pavilion and a tennis court.
There is also a gym, a guesthouse and a recording studio, the listing said.
From Penta: On the Hunt for Ghost Spirits

Mr. Buckingham, who joined Fleetwood Mac in 1975, was the band’s longtime lead guitarist. He was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1998 along with other band members and split with the group in 2018. He could not be reached for comment.

Jeff Hyland, one of the listing agents, told The Wall Street Journal in May that his clients were selling because they have been constructing a new home nearby for the past two years, and the project is near completion. "It’s a point where the kids are off at school and they are downsizing," said Mr. Hyland, who shares the listing with Jade Mills of Coldwell Banker Global Luxury.

Neither brokerage immediately responded to a request for comment.
The speed of the sale is indicative of Los Angeles’ accelerating luxury market, which witnessed homes selling 27% faster in the first quarter of 2019 compared to the last quarter of 2018, according to an April report from brokerage Douglas Elliman.

elle 06-26-2019 08:41 PM

apparently they got full price, in just a month on the market.

https://www.architecturaldigest.com/...u7QUWCzZRzGq1Y

a kitchen with tiled floors and grey cabinets; a dining table and an island

CELEBRITY STYLE

Fleetwood Mac’s Lindsey Buckingham Sells Brentwood Mansion for $29.5 Million

The home was custom-built for the guitarist and his wife, interior designer Kristen Messner
Joyce Chen
JUNE 25, 2019 3:42 PM

Lindsey Buckingham went his own way last year, leaving his longtime gig as Fleetwood Mac's lead guitarist, and now, he's moving on from his longtime Brentwood mansion as well. Mansion Global reports that the iconic musician recently sold the French Normandy–inspired house for $29.5 million, just months after putting it on the market. Buckingham and his wife, interior designer Kristen Messner, custom-built the estate in 2007, agonizing over every design detail (they had purchased the parcel, which spans more than an acre, three years earlier for $6.6 million).

Now, however, the couple are looking to downsize by moving to a nearby home that they’ve similarly been constructing over the past two years. “It’s a point where the kids are off at school and they are downsizing,” Jeff Hyland, one of the listing agents, told the Wall Street Journal in May.

And indeed, Buckingham and Messner’s Brentwood mansion measures a sprawling 10,000 square feet, with a sweeping driveway and motor court leading up to a grand front entrance. Inside the home, the rotunda entryway features a spiral staircase. (Elsewhere in the home is a two-story tower with its own spiral staircase, according to the listing.) Formal living areas include a living rom with exposed-beam ceilings and a stately fireplace; a dining room with two Old World chandeliers; and a kitchen boasting an elegant patterned tile floor, a large marble-topped central island, and room enough for a more informal dining space. A wood-paneled study with built-in shelves and cabinets is connected to a billiard room with striped wallpaper, rounding out the first-floor offerings.

a white brick house at night
The former Fleetwood Mac member's home is fully customized.
a house with a patio covered by an awning
The patio at Buckingham's home.

The master suite is also, unusually, located on the main floor, and is cavernous, with its own sitting room, fireplace, dressing room, and walk-in closets. The remainder of the home’s seven en suite bedrooms are located upstairs, or in the separate guesthouse. Out back, the home has a number of impressive amenities, including patios for outdoor dining, a large rectangular pool, an adjacent pool pavilion with its own outdoor fireplace, and a tennis court. In addition to the guesthouse, structures on the premises include a gym and a recording studio.

Last year was a busy one for Buckingham; in addition to him leaving Fleetwood Mac after 40 years, he and his wife sold another custom-built Brentwood house, for $19 million.

fyerflys 07-06-2019 11:47 AM

Yea, it's great he sold his house, but why do these articles keep stating that Lindsey LEFT FM???!?!?!

I believe there were a few concert review articles that stated or implied that he left the band.......just irritating! No wonder the average fan gets mixed messages:confused:

button-lip 07-08-2019 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fyerflys (Post 1253438)
Yea, it's great he sold his house, but why do these articles keep stating that Lindsey LEFT FM???!?!?!

I believe there were a few concert review articles that stated or implied that he left the band.......just irritating! No wonder the average fan gets mixed messages:confused:

Sorry, but average fans are mostly Stevie fans. We, Lindsey fans, are a superior race. There, I said it. :D

elle 07-09-2019 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fyerflys (Post 1253438)

because the band and their management want the average fan to be confused - and more importantly, general public filling arenas to see the legendary 70s band while they are still around. their message from the beginning was that Lindsey left. apparently they wanted Lindsey to go along with that, and to blame him for leaving the poor backstabbers stranded before the tour. they are still trying to peddle that message in all the PR pieces, and sounds like Mick is too stupid to adjust to the new reality so gives muddled messages in interviews.

elle 07-19-2019 07:22 PM

https://variety.com/2019/dirt/real-e...se-1203270244/

WeWork’s Michael Gross Nabs $28 Million Brentwood Estate
By JAMES MCCLAIN

View Gallery
10 Images
Seller: Lindsey & Kristen Buckingham
Price: $28 million Size: 8,051 square feet, 6 beds, 9 baths

As the We Company — better known as WeWork — mulls a widely rumored IPO, pundits continue to debate the $47 billion mega-unicorn’s longterm financial viability. The currently unprofitable, Manhattan-based co-working space behemoth is looking to raise $4 billion in debt financing this year and has already raked in $8.4 billion from confident investors, though it continues to post hundreds of millions in quarterly losses. But finances aside, the firm’s epic growth and reach cannot be denied — the nine-year-old startup has over 5,000 employees and 100,000+ members across hundreds of locations worldwide.

And any perceived business concerns, real or imagined, haven’t dissuaded WeWork’s top execs from investing their healthy personal earnings into luxury real estate. Take CEO Adam Neumann, who recently inked a $35 million deal for a four-unit Manhattan spread. And then there’s vice chairman Michael Gross, who earlier this month forked over exactly $28 million for a remarkably fancy tennis court estate in Brentwood, out on L.A.’s perennially desirable Westside.

MORE DIRT
Harry Styles Takes Huge Hit on Sale of Sunset Strip Home
Zayn Malik Reduces Price on Bel Air Home

Sited on a 1.2-acre lot with a full-size north/south tennis court, the property sits just a quick skip north of Sunset Boulevard. Custom-built in 2007 for Fleetwood Mac’s Lindsey Buckingham and his longtime wife Kristen, the 8,000+ sq. ft. mansion was never before offered for sale, and transferred just six weeks after first hitting the market.

The listing, which refers to the double-gated property as a “World-Class Celebrity Compound,” reveals that the French Normandy-esque compound features a large motorcourt, a detached three-car garage with guest quarters and a chic main mansion with wide-plank hardwood floors and formal living, dining and billiards rooms. There’s a glass-fronted SubZero in the farmhouse-style gourmet kitchen, which also sports a breakfast room and an oversized island with butchers-block countertops.

In a rather unusual move, the Buckinghams opted to locate their master suite on the main floor, but privately tucked away from the public rooms in its own wing. There are four additional ensuite bedrooms upstairs, plus an office with loft. Somewhere on the premises are also a private gym and a recording studio, of course.

The lush grounds encompass a brick terrace with fireplace for outdoor dining, a large swimming pool with adjacent guest/poolhouse, formal gardens, mature trees, pancake-flat lawns and manicured hedges.

In addition to their new $28 million Westside digs, Gross — the former CEO of Morgans Hotel Group — and his film producer/director wife Amy Miller Gross continue to maintain their longtime penthouse in New York City. Since way back in 2006, they have bunked up in a triplex unit located in the proverbial heart of Manhattan’s natty Tribeca neighborhood. Back in 2017, the 4,600 sq. ft. contemporary showpiece was offered with a $10 million list price, though records reveal the property did not sell before eventually being delisted.

And as for the Buckinghams, this is hardly their first time on the high-end L.A. real estate rodeo. Last May, they sold another Brentwood mansion for exactly $19 million to Disney Television Studios chairman Dana Walden. And back in 2005, they got financier Daniel G. Cohen to pay them $19.5 million for a lavish Bel Air hilltop compound.

bombaysaffires 07-21-2019 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1253639)

https://variety.com/2019/dirt/real-e...se-1203270244/

By JAMES MCCLAIN

View Gallery
10 Images
Seller: Lindsey & Kristen Buckingham
Price: $28 million Size: 8,051 square feet, 6 beds, 9 baths

As the We Company — better known as WeWork — mulls a widely rumored IPO, pundits continue to debate the $47 billion mega-unicorn’s longterm financial viability. The currently unprofitable, Manhattan-based co-working space behemoth is looking to raise $4 billion in debt financing this year and has already raked in $8.4 billion from confident investors, though it continues to post hundreds of millions in quarterly losses. But finances aside, the firm’s epic growth and reach cannot be denied — the nine-year-old startup has over 5,000 employees and 100,000+ members across hundreds of locations worldwide.

And any perceived business concerns, real or imagined, haven’t dissuaded WeWork’s top execs from investing their healthy personal earnings into luxury real estate. Take CEO Adam Neumann, who recently inked a $35 million deal for a four-unit Manhattan spread. And then there’s vice chairman Michael Gross, who earlier this month forked over exactly $28 million for a remarkably fancy tennis court estate in Brentwood, out on L.A.’s perennially desirable Westside.

MORE DIRT
Harry Styles Takes Huge Hit on Sale of Sunset Strip Home
Zayn Malik Reduces Price on Bel Air Home

Sited on a 1.2-acre lot with a full-size north/south tennis court, the property sits just a quick skip north of Sunset Boulevard. Custom-built in 2007 for Fleetwood Mac’s Lindsey Buckingham and his longtime wife Kristen, the 8,000+ sq. ft. mansion was never before offered for sale, and transferred just six weeks after first hitting the market.

The listing, which refers to the double-gated property as a “World-Class Celebrity Compound,” reveals that the French Normandy-esque compound features a large motorcourt, a detached three-car garage with guest quarters and a chic main mansion with wide-plank hardwood floors and formal living, dining and billiards rooms. There’s a glass-fronted SubZero in the farmhouse-style gourmet kitchen, which also sports a breakfast room and an oversized island with butchers-block countertops.

In a rather unusual move, the Buckinghams opted to locate their master suite on the main floor, but privately tucked away from the public rooms in its own wing. There are four additional ensuite bedrooms upstairs, plus an office with loft. Somewhere on the premises are also a private gym and a recording studio, of course.

The lush grounds encompass a brick terrace with fireplace for outdoor dining, a large swimming pool with adjacent guest/poolhouse, formal gardens, mature trees, pancake-flat lawns and manicured hedges.

In addition to their new $28 million Westside digs, Gross — the former CEO of Morgans Hotel Group — and his film producer/director wife Amy Miller Gross continue to maintain their longtime penthouse in New York City. Since way back in 2006, they have bunked up in a triplex unit located in the proverbial heart of Manhattan’s natty Tribeca neighborhood. Back in 2017, the 4,600 sq. ft. contemporary showpiece was offered with a $10 million list price, though records reveal the property did not sell before eventually being delisted.

And as for the Buckinghams, this is hardly their first time on the high-end L.A. real estate rodeo. Last May, they sold another Brentwood mansion for exactly $19 million to Disney Television Studios chairman Dana Walden. And back in 2005, they got financier Daniel G. Cohen to pay them $19.5 million for a lavish Bel Air hilltop compound.

didn't know the buyer of the Brentwood flip a year ago was a Disney chief.
And Cohen got the House on the Hill.

tabruns 05-20-2020 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1252216)

The rain room was pretty damn cool.

A lot of the wealthy seem to move around quite a bit, but some 16 years in the same house is pretty impressive. It makes sense that they'd be downsizing with a couple of their kids off to college now. Wow the time flies.

I remember the Madison WI SAY YOU WILL concert, where Nicks introduced the crowd to Buckingham's newest arrival, Stella, and saying they were doing some extra shows for the tour because Buckingham was "building a new house". So this house was it.

michelej1 05-20-2020 07:53 PM

I remember Stevie announcing Stella’s birth onstage and explaining why the band had taken a break on tour. Now Stella’s a teen with a boyfriend.

Jondalar 05-24-2020 04:12 PM

Did Lindsey sale his house because he can’t afford it anymore? No more Fleetwood Mac tours.

Macfan4life 05-24-2020 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1258195)
Did Lindsey sale his house because he can’t afford it anymore? No more Fleetwood Mac tours.

Not at all. Lindsey has made more money in the last decade than he has his entire career combined. He and his wife buy big expensive homes and then remodel them and then sell them a few years later after the renovations. Unleashed was a huge income booster only to be followed by On With The Show tour. Even this last FM tour where he did not play a note he got paid big bucks in a secret settlement.
I think just the profit they made on this house would be a bigger payday than several tours combined LOL