The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Fleetwood Mac ringing in the 2014 New Year (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=53090)

elle 01-01-2014 03:06 PM

Fleetwood Mac ringing in the 2014 New Year

how sad. guess it was easy work for truckloads of money, but do they really need money that desperately?

although kinda cool to hear them singing auld lang syne.

FM77 01-01-2014 04:07 PM

It was more full than this indicates. After GYOW, the final song, lots of people left to watch fireworks on the strip. Their performance was only a little over an hour. Still a solid show but certainly not the same audience.

bombaysaffires 01-01-2014 04:11 PM

Kinda like they were playing the high school gymnasium...Kind of a letdown from the emotion and energy of their last show :(

That said, I will add this version of Auld Lang Syne to my list of favorites.

Lindsey couldn't get out of there fast enough.

elle 01-01-2014 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FM77 (Post 1115490)
It was more full than this indicates. After GYOW, the final song, lots of people left to watch fireworks on the strip. Their performance was only a little over an hour. Still a solid show but certainly not the same audience.

were you there? tell us about it! also, shebop? how was it?

security guys at mgm told us on the 30th that it was planned as ~300 people.

there are also some instagrams floating around that people shared, i can link them up later if someone else doesn't do it first.

SteveMacD 01-01-2014 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1115480)
how sad. guess it was easy work for truckloads of money, but do they really need money that desperately?

I don't know of too many bands that could turn down at least a million to play for under three hours.

elle 01-01-2014 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1115499)
I don't know of too many bands that could turn down at least a million to play for under three hours.

one hour from what i heard. and they already had the stage set up from the day before.

you are right though, they are entertainers first and foremost, that's their job.

Dragonfly 01-01-2014 04:38 PM

This is the sort of thing Lindsey would never have agreed to before he had kids to put through college:lol:

FM77 01-01-2014 05:26 PM

The count last night was 1,650 guests. The room was decorated beautifully; completely over the top. There were acrobats, dancers, half-naked men, women and Cirque du Soleil type performers in arena and lobby. It was very classy and very well organized. The food was incredible. The FM show was 70 min only.

Chain, Dreams, Second Hand News, Rhiannon,Tusk, Gold Dust, Big Love, Gypsy, So Afraid, Landslide, Stand Back, GYOW.

They did not play Don't Stop surprisingly.

elle 01-01-2014 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FM77 (Post 1115506)
The count last night was 1,650 guests. The room was decorated beautifully; completely over the top. There were acrobats, dancers, half-naked men, women and Cirque du Soleil type performers in arena and lobby. It was very classy and very well organized. The food was incredible. The FM show was 70 min only.

Chain, Dreams, Second Hand News, Rhiannon,Tusk, Gold Dust, Big Love, Gypsy, So Afraid, Landslide, Stand Back, GYOW.

thanks for the rundown! :wavey:

here are links to several instagrams:

http://instagram.com/p/inlo7GAs18/

http://instagram.com/p/innOzqgs4w/

http://instagram.com/p/ioWHG8kbM4/

vivfox 01-01-2014 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1115509)
here are links to several instagrams:

Cool pics, Elle.

lovethemac1 01-01-2014 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1115491)
Kinda like they were playing the high school gymnasium...Kind of a letdown from the emotion and energy of their last show :(

That said, I will add this version of Auld Lang Syne to my list of favorites.

Lindsey couldn't get out of there fast enough.

It was really kind of funny how fast he turned and ran off. Don't blame him, it appeared like no one was paying attention, although I was relieved to read the posts saying that it wasn't representative of the rest of the evening.

It would be really interesting to know how people got tickets to this?? I would imagine it was by invitation, but by whom?

FM77 01-02-2014 12:56 AM

Invitation was from MGM.

shebop 01-02-2014 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FM77 (Post 1115506)

I expected Don't Stop to be the closer - wondered if it got cut because they
ran long. It was past midnight when they did the countdown!

FM77 01-02-2014 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shebop (Post 1115545)
I expected Don't Stop to be the closer - wondered if it got cut because they
ran long. It was past midnight when they did the countdown!

It wasn't on the setlist at all. It got cut long before they took the stage.

shackin'up 01-03-2014 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1115480)

although kinda cool to hear them singing auld lang syne.

It's dreadful, pityful to watch, but when you only listen, it's the way I want them to record; improvisation esp. Mick and John, loosened, raw, and singing from the gut: their voices mingle the best when they are searching for eachother. Lovely.