The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   EP was Stevie's idea (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=52099)

elle 05-23-2013 04:34 PM

EP was Stevie's idea

http://oldies1017.com/The_Music_World.php

LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM & STEVIE NICKS ENJOYING A 'LOVE-FEST' ON THE ROAD

It's safe to say that Fleetwood Mac's 2013 tour carries none of the baggage that plagued so many of the band's previous outings. Over 35 years since splitting as lovers, Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks are admittedly closer than they've been since their pre-fame Buckingham Nicks days, and are enjoying a personal and creative resurgence.

Buckingham, who in the past could barely hide his vitriol in the songs he composed about Nicks following their bitter split, admits that age and time has softened the former couple considerably: "We're sort of finding that, y'know, we're in this kind of a love fest between Stevie and me out there, which is great. Y'know, it's sort of karmic after all this time it's very of sweet that we're able to sort of tap into that. On more of an overview level. . . I don't know. . . I think we're playing better, or as well as we've ever played."

When talking about Fleetwood Mac's new digital EP, Extended Play, Buckingham told us that the original plan was only to release a single, but at Stevie Nicks' urging, the project became more substantial: "Originally we were just gonna drop a couple of tracks on iTunes. And it was actually Stevie's idea to make it from two songs and then suddenly it became three, and then suddenly it was four, so we decided to make it an EP. And that's, that's the way it went."

Fleetwood Mac North American tour dates (subject to change):
May 25 - Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Bowl
May 26 - Las Vegas, NV - MGM Grand Arena
May 28 - Anaheim, CA - Honda Center
May 30 - Phoenix, AZ - US Airways Center
June 1 - Denver, CO - Pepsi Center
June 4 - Dallas, TX - American Airlines Center
June 5 - Houston, TX - Toyota Center
June 7 - Tampa, FL - Tampa Bay Times Forum
June 8 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL - BB&T Center
June 10 - Atlanta, GA - Philips Arena
June 12 - Detroit, MI - Joe Louis Arena
June 14 - Rosemont, IL - Allstate Arena
June 15 - Cleveland, OH - Quicken Loans Arena
June 18 - Montreal, QC - Bell Centre
June 19 - Albany, NY - Times Union Center
June 21 - Mansfield, MA - Comcast Center
June 22 - Wantagh, NY - Nikon At Jones Beach Theater
June 24 - Charlotte, NC - Time Warner Cable Arena
June 26 - Des Moines, IA - Wells Fargo Arena
June 29 - Spokane, WA - Spokane Arena
June 30 - Portland, OR - Rose Garden Arena
July 3 - Los Angeles, CA - Staples Center
July 5 - San Diego, CA Viejas Arena
July 6 - Sacramento, CA - Sleep Train Arena

AUDIO: LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM ON 2013 FLEETWOOD MAC EP
AUDIO: LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM ON 2013 FLEETWOOD MACTOUR

Jondalar 05-23-2013 04:41 PM

so weird, she only contributed one song

StandbackStevie 05-23-2013 07:09 PM

really is weird stevie is barely on the EP to me the EP is just ok.Not totally thrilled about for some reason.

TrueFaith77 05-23-2013 07:38 PM

the ep is beautiful but i also am not thrilled. reason being. as much as i love the IDEA of eps... I haven't been able to respond to them as art. Even the best EPs in the history of the world--those released by Florrie--I listen to assembled together as a longer playlist that, essentially, makes up the greatest pop album of the century, rather the eps themselves as an isolated format.

But I digress.

This is also weird because I thrill to the four-track singles (one A-side, three b-sides) by the likes of the Pet Shop Boys and Morrissey. For me, part of it is the analytical anchor of the A-side and the gratuitous love signified by so many b-sides, that impact my experience of the Single vs. the ungainly, unfocused EP (which feels like a place-holder before a proper album). Those two qualities of the four-track single invite the listener to discover the theme.

So, oddly, if it were billed as Sad Angel as a single with three b-sides I would probably be raving about it as the release of the year instead of barely listening to it.

MacShadowsBall 05-24-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1093801)
When talking about Fleetwood Mac's new digital EP, Extended Play, Buckingham told us that the original plan was only to release a single, but at Stevie Nicks' urging, the project became more substantial: "Originally we were just gonna drop a couple of tracks on iTunes. And it was actually Stevie's idea to make it from two songs and then suddenly it became three, and then suddenly it was four, so we decided to make it an EP. And that's, that's the way it went."

Fascinating! Straight from Lindsey. So Lindsey and I assume Mick/John were just gonna do one or two, but Stevie suggested doing more.

Well I guess we have to thank Stevie for this EP that she is barely on! :laugh:

WildHearted 05-24-2013 03:58 PM

Well, thanks Stevie.

I'm glad we have Miss Fantasy and It Takes Time.

Wonder who picked out the songs.

elle 05-24-2013 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildHearted (Post 1093956)
Well, thanks Stevie.

I'm glad we have Miss Fantasy and It Takes Time.

Wonder who picked out the songs.

i was wondering about that too. remember how when they first talked about sad angel and miss fantasy stevie said she picked one and lindsey picked another one. would be interesting to know who picked which one.

and also, yeah how did ITT get picked.

we know stevie picked WY.

WildHearted 05-24-2013 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1093957)
i was wondering about that too. remember how when they first talked about sad angel and miss fantasy stevie said she picked one and lindsey picked another one. would be interesting to know who picked which one.

and also, yeah how did ITT get picked.

we know stevie picked WY.

If I had to guess, I'd say Lindsey picked Sad Angel and Stevie picked Miss Fantasy, just based on the fact that Sad Angel became the single and is Lindsey's new song to play in concert, etc. That way when they were just going to do 2, Lindsey had his choice (Sad Angel) and Stevie had her song (Without You).

ITT, I have no clue.

Someone ask Mick. :lol:

TrueFaith77 05-24-2013 05:43 PM

I'd bet money that Stevie chose Sad Angel. It's essentially a duet, whereas she has only accent harmonies on MF.

WildHearted 05-24-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 (Post 1093964)
I'd bet money that Stevie chose Sad Angel. It's essentially a duet, whereas she has only accent harmonies on MF.

But it would have only become that after it was chosen as one of the songs she would sing on.

rhiannondontgo 05-24-2013 06:26 PM

I think I can see why Stevie wanted to put out those 3 particular Lindsey songs... They're all about her. :laugh:

StreetAngel86 05-26-2013 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhiannondontgo (Post 1093971)
I think I can see why Stevie wanted to put out those 3 particular Lindsey songs... They're all about her. :laugh:

remember that quote she said all of her songs are about her but she can't call them all "Stevie" so she gives them other names? lindsey's songs all about her can't all be called STEVIE01, Stevie02 etc :laugh: but she knows they're about her :xoxo: or maybe she just ASSUMES they're about her? or does he tell her? :D

WildHearted 05-26-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 (Post 1094087)
remember that quote she said all of her songs are about her but she can't call them all "Stevie" so she gives them other names?

I don't recall that, but that's hilarious.

Eta: I just read the title of this article. That wording is unfortunately somehow suggestive, if you aren't privy to the quote it's derived from :lol:

shackin'up 05-26-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildHearted (Post 1093959)
If I had to guess, I'd say Lindsey picked Sad Angel and Stevie picked Miss Fantasy, just based on the fact that Sad Angel became the single and is Lindsey's new song to play in concert, etc. That way when they were just going to do 2, Lindsey had his choice (Sad Angel) and Stevie had her song (Without You).

ITT, I have no clue.

Someone ask Mick. :lol:

I think your clue is spot on. I think Lindsey chose Sad angel, too.

WildHearted 05-26-2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shackin'up (Post 1094144)
I think your clue is spot on. I think Lindsey chose Sad angel, too.

Yes, especially since he's been touting it as his message to her regarding this tour/album etc.