The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Big Yellow Taxi - Help Me (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=8143)

BlueGrass 01-13-2003 04:39 PM

Big Yellow Taxi - Help Me

I heard a snippet of this song...but I need more. Can someone please send me the song via AIM Murrow86?

You'll assistence is much appreciated.

Les 01-13-2003 06:14 PM

The few who have the whole thing haven't leaked it. I'm afraid the rest of us are in the same boat with you and can't share what we don't have. The 30 second snippet is the only thing that has ever reached a wider audience so far.

Joni Mitchell had quite a falling out with Reprise, didn't she? Not that personal relations make much difference when it comes to a label's decision as to whether they can make a profit off of an album, but I wonder if Reprise even has that project (the JM tribute which was to include LB's cover) in the hopper anymore?

cincymike1 01-13-2003 08:52 PM

no big yellow taxi

FYI,
I e-mailed the guy who runs "Pause and Play" a month ago and he said that project was canned and will likely never be released. If anyone has the full demo, please e-mail it to me at cincymike@cinci.rr.com.

seteca 01-14-2003 01:57 PM

Re: no big yellow taxi

Quote:

Originally posted by cincymike1
FYI,
I e-mailed the guy who runs "Pause and Play" a month ago and he said that project was canned and will likely never be released.

That is a big big shame...because if that 30 second clip is anything to go by, he'd done a VERY good cover. I was hoping that it would one day surface. Oh well.

:wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

chiliD 01-14-2003 02:07 PM

Who knows, maybe it'll appear as a "bonus track" on one of the upcoming Fleetwood Mac CD singles (IF there IS more than one)

Les 01-14-2003 02:43 PM

That really is too bad. I was obviously looking forward to hearing Lindsey's cover, but also I wanted to hear some of the other artists' covers too. Bummer. Perhaps they'll turn up some day some way...

wetcamelfood 01-16-2003 02:14 PM

Well...

Quote:

Originally posted by Les
That really is too bad. I was obviously looking forward to hearing Lindsey's cover, but also I wanted to hear some of the other artists' covers too. Bummer. Perhaps they'll turn up some day some way...
If I remember correctly, Sarah Mclachlan's version of Joni's "Blue" was going to be on there and you can get that now on the UK versions of her "Fumbling towards ecstasy" CD or on her "Rarities & B sides" CD (though even that's gettin' hard to find too now though) if that's of any help.

I remembered LOVING the LB BYT clip I heard too, hopefully it will surface soon in it's entire form. :)

John

Les 01-16-2003 07:25 PM

Thanks for the information John! I just may have to go on the hunt for Sarah's "Blue."

jwys_soapbox 01-18-2003 06:43 PM

I sure wish this song would get released. It feels like I have a huge gap in my collection because I know it exists and I've heard part of it yet it's not available.

John

Skylark 01-18-2003 07:44 PM

Help ME!

This was never out???I just assumed it was and I missed it!!!;)
The snippet was great Lindsey:cool: but that is a shame! If anyone
ever finds it...share with us fans if you can! Thanks!!! Bye Sky:)