The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Making of Buckingham Mcvie (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57172)

AlexD 05-25-2017 11:40 AM

Making of Buckingham Mcvie

https://youtu.be/WxVsqngf9yE

aleuzzi 05-25-2017 12:03 PM

Thank you, AlexD!

This is bloody fantastic! Carnival Begin and Red Sun are great songs and they're so well sung. Christine's vocal on Red Sun is classic Christine.

And I'm glad to see through the footage that Christine is singing on a number of Lindsey songs, including Sleeping Around the Corner, where she takes the falsetto (which I thought was LB when I first heard it).

MikeVielhaber 05-25-2017 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1210143)
Thank you, AlexD!

This is bloody fantastic! Carnival Begin and Red Sun are great songs and they're so well sung. Christine's vocal on Red Sun is classic Christine.

And I'm glad to see through the footage that Christine is singing on a number of Lindsey songs, including Sleeping Around the Corner, where she takes the falsetto (which I thought was LB when I first heard it).

I think some of it seemed staged though. So I'm not sure how it accurately reflects what's on the record. Though they didn't show her in the brief "In My World" segment.

aleuzzi 05-25-2017 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber (Post 1210144)
I think some of it seemed staged though. So I'm not sure how it accurately reflects what's on the record. Though they didn't show her in the brief "In My World" segment.

Oh, much of the performances are staged. But she's clearly on a couple of his other songs, especially Too Far Gone.

button-lip 05-25-2017 12:20 PM

So glad to see they're collaborating on each other's songs! 15 more days! :blob1:

AlexD 05-25-2017 12:28 PM

They both seem really happy to me which is cool

lennonfan 05-25-2017 12:43 PM

this is gonna be sooooo great!!!!

button-lip 05-25-2017 12:46 PM

"Bye. Merry Christmas, I love youuuuuuu! This will be an amazing year coming up. It's gonna be incredible." Awwww! :)

They seem so relaxed and happy! :blob1:

I'm already loving Too Far Gone and Red Sun.

I love Christine's shirts and handwriting. :)

Lindsey's love for music is contagious. He seems so happy. The man can't stop jumping! :blob1: :blob1:

jbrownsjr 05-25-2017 12:50 PM

Wow!!! Carnival Begin is amazing!!! Holy cow, that touched me.

aleuzzi 05-25-2017 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1210152)

Amen to that! And they didn't spare on the production. It's classic Mac--esp with that organ.

FuzzyPlum 05-25-2017 01:13 PM

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW
What a great surprise to come home from work to.
Red Sun sounds amazing- should have been THE out and out single.
Carnival Begin also sounds great.
This clip has restored my faith in this album. I was starting to question it a bit but now when you see them singing the songs together it seems to all start hanging together as an album.
My one disappointment is the recycling of the You and I Part 2 riff on On With The Show.

FuzzyPlum 05-25-2017 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber (Post 1210144)
I think some of it seemed staged though.

and I still cant buy the 'Organic duet album, we immediately thought of John and Mick' blah blah blah

TrueFaith77 05-25-2017 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1210155)
and I still cant buy the 'Organic duet album, we immediately thought of John and Mick' blah blah blah

THAT was hilarious.

This is a Fleetwood Mac album -- and EVERYBODY knows it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1210152)

Yes. So beautiful. I can hardly fathom having lived life without it.

AND I'M SURE CHRISTINE FEELS THE SAME WAY.

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1210151)
"Bye. Merry Christmas, I love youuuuuuu! This will be an amazing year coming up. It's gonna be incredible." Awwww! :)

"Stay in touch!" - that should have been the title of the album (or On With The Show, but we know whose fault THAT is).

All the songs sound great (even Too Far Gone).

I LITERALLY CAN'T WAIT OR FOCUS ON ANYTHING ELSE RIGHT NOW

Frankenstein 05-25-2017 01:26 PM

Fantastic.

I love this collaboration to bits.

button-lip 05-25-2017 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1210154)
This clip has restored my faith in this album. I was starting to question it a bit but now when you see them singing the songs together it seems to all start hanging together as an album.
My one disappointment is the recycling of the You and I Part 2 riff on On With The Show.

Same here. I wasn't questioning it, but after watching this clip I'm more excited then ever! And even if I ended up not liking it (which I doubt) I'm happy to see they seemed to enjoy doing it so much! :)