The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What if Lindsey and Stevie joined one year earlier? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=60210)

DownOnRodeo 01-02-2024 09:41 PM

What if Lindsey and Stevie joined one year earlier?

https://i.ibb.co/dp5GYVP/fmbn.png

What if --
- Buckingham Nicks (released Sep 73) was somehow canceled by the label before release
- Bob Welch quit immediately after the release of Mystery to Me (Oct 73)
- Mick, searching for a guitarist, heard Frozen Love in the studio
- Lindsey and Stevie joined Fleetwood Mac at the start of 1974

Would the Mac's 1974 release have been a compilation of Buckingham Nicks tracks (sans Crystal) and Christine's forthcoming songs from Heroes?

What tracks would you include and in which order?

What would you name the album?

jbrownsjr 01-03-2024 08:20 AM

I just vomited. :eek:

David 01-03-2024 12:48 PM

Oy, I’m laughing, laughing, laughing
At Joe, Joe, Joe

My hypothetical album
Say You Love Me
Without a Leg to Stand On
Come a Little Bit Closer
Rhiannon
Sugar Daddy
Crystal

Don’t Let Me Down Again
Prove Your Love
Stephanie
Over My Head
Frozen Love

It’s certainly a strange mix, but it would have sure been a statement. “Here we are, like it or lump it!” I tried to get the flow right for vinyl, too.

“Landslide” isn’t there, so we’d have to figure something out. “Monday Morning,” too.

jbrownsjr 01-03-2024 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1290914)
Oy, I’m laughing, laughing, laughing
At Joe, Joe, Joe

My hypothetical album
Say You Love Me
Come a Little Bit Closer
Rhiannon
Sugar Daddy
Crystal

Don’t Let Me Down Again
Prove Your Love
Stephanie
Over My Head
Frozen Love

It’s certainly a strange mix, but it would have sure been a statement. “Here we are, like it or lump it!” I tried to get the flow right for vinyl, too.

“Landslide” isn’t there, so we’d have to figure something out. “Monday Morning,” too.

Good lordy!!!

Villavic 01-03-2024 03:39 PM

I would include Long Distance Winner.

DownOnRodeo 01-03-2024 04:22 PM

My hypothetical was a bit confusing. I should have added that we should assume the 1975 album was still released in the form we know it.

So the "missing 1974" album would theoretically comprise a selection from the following tracks (or all 13 of them).

Christine
Heroes Are Hard to Find
Come A Little Bit Closer
Bad Loser
Prove Your Love

Lindsey
Stephanie
Don't Let Me Down Again
Django
Lola (My Love)[/I]

Stevie
Crying in the Night
Long Distance Winner
Races Are Run

Lindsey and Stevie
Frozen Love

bombaysaffires 01-03-2024 07:59 PM

so only their already recorded material from that time? Because we know Stevie had a trove of songs that included Sorcerer, Kind of Woman, etc etc

Also, Dreams is "just her"? That's laughable. Typical delusional Stevie. Her version vs the band's version is....light years different. The success of that song is due to every single person's contribution to that recording. It's the absolute best collaboration of their career. It highlights what's great about each and every one of them.

She could just show up and plonk out a song on the piano and be done?? Sure, and then Lindsey would sort out the ones that weren't total crap and then spend hours and hours and hours trying to figure out WTF to do with them, and explain it to Christine who by her own admission would hear Stevie's demos and have no clue what to make of them. Success reallllllly went to her head and she's never come back down.:eek:

jbrownsjr 01-04-2024 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo (Post 1290930)
My hypothetical was a bit confusing. I should have added that we should assume the 1975 album was still released in the form we know it.

So the "missing 1974" album would theoretically comprise a selection from the following tracks (or all 13 of them).

Christine
Heroes Are Hard to Find
Come A Little Bit Closer
Bad Loser
Prove Your Love

Lindsey
Stephanie
Don't Let Me Down Again
Django
Lola (My Love)[/I]

Stevie
Crying in the Night
Long Distance Winner
Races Are Run

Lindsey and Stevie
Frozen Love

I would add World Turning! :laugh:

jbrownsjr 01-04-2024 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1290936)
so only their already recorded material from that time? Because we know Stevie had a trove of songs that included Sorcerer, Kind of Woman, etc etc

Also, Dreams is "just her"? That's laughable. Typical delusional Stevie. Her version vs the band's version is....light years different. The success of that song is due to every single person's contribution to that recording. It's the absolute best collaboration of their career. It highlights what's great about each and every one of them.

:

Did she really say this? (recently)

Villavic 01-04-2024 03:54 PM

What if Lindsey and Stevie joined one year later?

Rhiannon, Landslide and Monday Morning would be included in Buckingham Nicks 2, probably with the rest of their songs.

Would they have released a "White Album" in 1976? What songs would it have? How would that change of destiny have affected Rumours?

HomerMcvie 01-04-2024 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villavic (Post 1290963)
What if Lindsey and Stevie joined one year later?

Rhiannon, Landslide and Monday Morning would be included in Buckingham Nicks 2, probably with the rest of their songs.

Would they have released a "White Album" in 1976? What songs would it have? How would that change of destiny have affected Rumours?

Bob quit, so they would've hired someone else, and we wouldn't be here today discussing them.

Villavic 01-05-2024 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1290964)
Bob quit, so they would've hired someone else, and we wouldn't be here today discussing them.

Ha! They would've hire someone else, but if that someone was not enough good, and Mick learned about Lindsey later, he wouldn't have minded replacing that guy immediately for Lindsey (for the package deal of course).

HomerMcvie 01-05-2024 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villavic (Post 1290984)
Ha! They would've hire someone else, but if that someone was not enough good, and Mick learned about Lindsey later, he wouldn't have minded replacing that guy immediately for Lindsey (for the package deal of course).

Now there you go again, using $tevie logic.

Villavic 01-05-2024 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1291009)
Now there you go again, using $tevie logic.

Actually it was Mick'$ logic.

However, Mick said in his book that L&S relationship was already a bit rocky when they joined the band. So If Mick had called Lindsey a year later, then the package deal wouldn't have been required.

HomerMcvie 01-05-2024 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villavic (Post 1291016)
Actually it was Mick'$ logic.

However, Mick said in his book that L&S relationship was already a bit rocky when they joined the band. So If Mick had called Lindsey a year later, then the package deal wouldn't have been required.

Goat free? Now that's a fantasy I can get behind!