The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Will Nickswood Mac have the courage to play The Chain? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57771)

ryan4136 04-11-2018 10:46 AM

Will Nickswood Mac have the courage to play The Chain?

Or has that song had it's final concert performance?

NotonRodeo 04-11-2018 10:53 AM

Oh I am virtually certain they will. If they played it in 1987 and they played it without Christine then they can play it without Lindsey again. This band has never had a sense of what some people call delicadeza, or decency for that matter.

secondhandchain 04-11-2018 10:55 AM

Why not? How about Lindsey’s ‘“on with the show”? Or as I called it in another thread “on with the faux”. Disgusting.

dontlookdown 04-11-2018 10:56 AM

Of course they will.
They played it at hundreds of shows during the tours w/o Buckingham in the late 80's/early 90's.

And I know Mike Campbell will do an amazing job on the solo.

secondhandchain 04-11-2018 11:04 AM

Replacements are very talented people, but they are not Lindsey.

sue 04-11-2018 11:07 AM

Yes, sure of it..
And maybe play Never going back again differently. (hopefully)

jmn3 04-11-2018 11:07 AM

Oh I’d lay money down on it being there and Go Your Own Way too. Stevie might even add a few extra “wellllll’s” on The Chain. And hopefully still harmonize the packing up shacking up line in GYOW. It will be riveting. :rolleyes:

NotonRodeo 04-11-2018 12:07 PM

Perhaps "never break the chain" has a different meaning in the strange ethereal parallel universe of FleetwoodMacdom than it does in the real world where actual people live. :shrug:

And yes it is a thunderous irony that the man who wrote "On with the Show" and standing by his band would be the one who is expelled. Fleetwood Mac is irony proof.

gldstwmn 04-11-2018 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dontlookdown (Post 1222534)
Of course they will.
And I know Mike Campbell will do an amazing job on the solo.

Yup. He'll even breathe some new life into that old chestnut. :woohoo:

gldstwmn 04-11-2018 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sue (Post 1222537)
Yes, sure of it..
And maybe play Never going back again differently. (hopefully)

I was thinking they might even play Here Comes My Girl.

jkmaletic 04-11-2018 01:13 PM

I don't think they will do The Chain. Here are some more I DON'T see them doing:

Go Your Own Way
Never Going Back Again
ANYTHING from SYW
Big Love
Anything from Tusk, except Tusk

NotonRodeo 04-11-2018 01:21 PM

The casual fan is going to freak out if he or she spends $500 to go to a Fleetwood Mac concert and not hear The Chain or Go Your Own Way. The backlash will be even more intense than it is now.

jkmaletic 04-11-2018 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotonRodeo (Post 1222580)
The casual fan is going to freak out if he or she spends $500 to go to a Fleetwood Mac concert and not hear The Chain or Go Your Own Way. The backlash will be even more intense than it is now.

I doubt a casual fan will notice. They'll be drunk on their $10 beers. As long as they play enough of the other radio hits and mix in a few early, bluesy Mac stuff, casual fan will be fine.

Macfan4life 04-11-2018 01:34 PM

They will play the Chain.
I knew things were nasty and stated they will not do any Lindsey songs and I would include Go Your Own Way. If he is suing them for termination, I don't think they will make it worse to perform that song. They may do World Turning as the closer or Don't Stop. This is not 1987 where Lindsey left and wished them well, worked on BTM and performed Landslide with Stevie in 1990.

I have been taking heat for bashing this Crowded House guy. I don't like his music but let me explain why. He has no rock roots. He was part of a new wave cheezy pop sound of the late 80s. At least Campbell has deep rock roots. This Crowded House guy is just weird IMHO.

bwboy 04-11-2018 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1222582)
They will play the Chain.
I have been taking heat for bashing this Crowded House guy. I don't like his music but let me explain why. He has no rock roots. He was part of a new wave cheezy pop sound of the late 80s. At least Campbell has deep rock roots. This Crowded House guy is just weird IMHO.

No one minds you don't like Neil Finn or his music... it's the unnecessary bashing you admit to that might be the issue to some folks. I think you and some others may have some misdirected anger towards him. LB was going to be kicked out, period. Did they wait to do it publicly until they had a replacement? Seems like it. If it hadn't been Neil, would it have been somebody else? Yes. I can't blame the guy for being excited about joining FM, if they asked me to I sure would, no matter who I was replacing! Referring to Neil Finn as "this Crowded House guy" (and twice in one post, no less), comes across as a little silly, but I understand you're angry, frustrated, etc. But why not direct your feelings toward the members who kicked LB out, and not the guy who you say is "weird?"

I'm curious about something, sincerely: you seem ok with Mike Campbell joining because he has "deep rock roots." That implies to me that maybe if FM has replaced LB with someone you approved of, you would give the band a chance. Is that accurate, or do you think it wouldn't have mattered who they replaced LB with, you'd never give the band a chance?