The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Attention Those Supporting This Move (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57765)

ryan4136 04-10-2018 02:34 PM

Attention Those Supporting This Move

By definition all future posts about this new creation should be made in the Post-Rumours forum. Just sayin

SisterNightroad 04-10-2018 02:38 PM

I guess it's fair considering that it is already being done, however this should pertain to all people, not only those "supporting"

bwboy 04-10-2018 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan4136 (Post 1222295)
By definition all future posts about this new creation should be made in the Post-Rumours forum. Just sayin

Does that mean people upset about Lindsey no longer being in the band should start posting their frustrations in the Lindsey Buckingham section?

Newzchspy 04-10-2018 04:32 PM

Technically, it should be POST post Rumors since this is the second time around that we're seeing this behavior. Guess they didnt learn anything with Rick and Billy so they're going to try it again with some hired guns. Believe me, Mike C would not be doing this if TP were still around.

gldstwmn 04-10-2018 04:56 PM

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...ng/awjeeze.jpg

bwboy 04-10-2018 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newzchspy (Post 1222323)
Technically, it should be POST post Rumors since this is the second time around that we're seeing this behavior. Guess they didnt learn anything with Rick and Billy so they're going to try it again with some hired guns. Believe me, Mike C would not be doing this if TP were still around.

True... because FM probably would have tried to recruit Tom himself! Could you imagine Tom Petty in Fleetwood Mac? The mind feels at the possibilities.

I loved BB and RV in Fleetwood Mac.

johnnystorms 04-11-2018 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan4136 (Post 1222295)

Then why was Buck/Vie in Rumours thread?

FuzzyPlum 04-11-2018 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnystorms (Post 1222461)

Post Rumours is for incarnations of the band after 'Rumours-era' configuration.
Buckingham-McVie wasnt a version of Fleetwood Mac (officially)- it was a separate entity. It could have gone in LB solo forum, it could have gone in CM solo forum, ideally it needed a forum of its own (and maybe would have had if there'd been a BM2). For ease, posts were in Rumours.

All future discussion about the band probably should go into Post-Rumours. In reality, everything will most likely be split, which is what we are seeing already. Its awkward as the Post-Rumours thread was obviously set up after those bands were active so all discussion was retrospective rather than in real-time.

rhiannondontgo 04-11-2018 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnystorms (Post 1222461)

That’s exactly what I clicked onto this thread to say. This post is preposterous. There were countless threads here about Buckingham Mcvie. We posted tour dates, show reviews, interviews, torrents, etc. If it’s acceptable to discuss a project by just two-fifths of FM here, then discussing a project with FOUR-FIFTHS here is a no brainer. Not to mention the 10 years we spent discussing 3 tours and an entire album by a technically incomplete Rumours line up since chris was retired.
If we can talk about FM’s work w/o Stevie and FM’s work w/o Christine, why should it be any different now with FM’s work w/o Lindsey?

rhiannondontgo 04-11-2018 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1222463)
Post Rumours is for incarnations of the band after 'Rumours-era' configuration.

Again: For over a decade we discussed the band here even though it wasn’t technically the full Rumours line up due to Christine’s absence. If Fleetwood-Mac-minus-one-member was ok then, Fleetwood-Mac-minus-one-member should be ok now too. The rules shouldn’t change just because the missing member is Lindsey now instead of Chris. What makes his presence any more special or important than hers?

sodascouts 04-11-2018 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhiannondontgo (Post 1222470)
Again: For over a decade we discussed the band here even though it wasn’t technically the full Rumours line up due to Christine’s absence. If Fleetwood-Mac-minus-one-member was ok then, Fleetwood-Mac-minus-one-member should be ok now too. The rules shouldn’t change just because the missing member is Lindsey now instead of Chris. What makes his presence any more special or important than hers?

Well, the difference is that instead of just missing one, two, or even three members of the Rumours lineup but still having only the same people involved, we now have two new additional guys that were never a part of the Rumours line-up in the band.

Does it matter? Maybe not. But I don't think it's about whether or not Lindsey is more special than Christine.