The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   LB is an insecure man (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=52315)

elle 07-09-2013 02:18 PM

LB is an insecure man

this has been up for days but seems nobody posted it yet -

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-0qJjgi2ggl...ummer+2013.png

it's just a scan of an article, so non-paste-able.

also, a bit more here -
http://www.fleetwoodmacnews.com/2013...ecure-man.html

Sunday, July 07, 2013
"Lindsey Buckingham Is An Insecure Man" - Classic Rock Magazine Summer 2013
They've had their share of highs and lows, but rock's most dysfunctional band will be reeling back the years on their first tour in four years.

Short Q&A with Mick Fleetwood in the current issue of Classic Rock Magazine - UK. On Newstands now.

michelej1 07-09-2013 02:32 PM

Very sweet about the hand holding to the Clinton stage. That was one of my favorite comments from Disney's Going Home. Although, at the time Mick also mentioned that John and Christine were holding hands as well.

Michele

WildHearted 07-09-2013 04:48 PM

Mick was certainly very candid and honest in his responses here. He definitely doesn't hold anything back.

This interview was obviously done before the tour started. Wish we knew exactly when.

becca 07-09-2013 08:02 PM

Did I miss Buckingham divorcing his wife and mother of their three kids at some point? I'm really confused by the playing up of the great Stevie/Lindsey romance he'll "never get over" (according to others). They've been playing this up on stage and in the press and somehow the audience keeps swooning whenever they supposedly show this huge enduring powerful affection for each other. Like John McVie I've been one of those who cares types on this for the last thirty whatever years. I don't see the fairytale romance that was/is/always will be or how it makes so many attracted to the group etc. :shrug:

Awww, they held hands, that's so powerful and deep. Huh? A married man with kids and a woman he used to live and work with in the '60s-'70s? There are lots of things in the world of celebrity I will never understand (like Justin Beiber's '70s ladies hairdos and make-up) and apparently this is just another one of those things. I take it Mick is seeing dollar signs every time he feeds this "powerful sh*t" as he calls it to the media who lap up the great story behind the music. :distress:

dontlookdown 07-09-2013 08:10 PM

I've never bought into this at all. To me it's something sort of created by the press.
I was always drawn to the band because of the music. And only because of the music - the voices, the guitar, the drums, the bass.
Much of what is made of Stevie and Lindsey's relationship is manufactured.
They are old friends - they have a history together on many levels, but I think ultimately they like to sing together and that's really all that matters.
If they hold hands on stage or hug, or whatever - I see it as too almost-elderly friends who have been sharing a stage and studio time for a long long time.
That's really it for me....

Villavic 07-09-2013 09:53 PM

I think it's the first I read an interviewer says For some people Tusk is actually the great Fleetwood Mac album. Interesting.

Stevie was a superstar as a solo artist. Lindsey wasn't. That all hurt him a lot.
Humm.... probably it hurted it in his pride, and because of all the story between them, I guess. But as an artist, I don't think Lindsey was looking for being a superstar. His solo albums weren't designed for a superstar. He was more interested in the art, the work. I don't see his albums intended to be a commercial huge success.

becca 07-09-2013 10:58 PM

Yes, regardless of taste one thing you have to give Lindsey is that he could manufacture a hit commercial recording if he so wanted.

bombaysaffires 07-10-2013 02:27 AM

Lindsey was "writing songs for Stevie and Christine"??? Come on Mick, you know better.

:distress:

cactusjack 07-10-2013 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dontlookdown (Post 1098363)
I've never bought into this at all. To me it's something sort of created by the press.
I was always drawn to the band because of the music. And only because of the music - the voices, the guitar, the drums, the bass.
Much of what is made of Stevie and Lindsey's relationship is manufactured.
They are old friends - they have a history together on many levels, but I think ultimately they like to sing together and that's really all that matters.
If they hold hands on stage or hug, or whatever - I see it as too almost-elderly friends who have been sharing a stage and studio time for a long long time.
That's really it for me....

exactly. It's all scripted as to when and where they'll hug, and it's timed down to the last millisecond. It's "nice", but it's part of the stage act.

jbrownsjr 07-10-2013 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1098383)
Lindsey was "writing songs for Stevie and Christine"??? Come on Mick, you know better.

:distress:

He came up with Dreams, YMLF, Songbird, and the list goes on.... lolol

Stormwind 07-10-2013 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villavic (Post 1098370)
I think it's the first I read an interviewer says For some people Tusk is actually the great Fleetwood Mac album. Interesting.

Stevie was a superstar as a solo artist. Lindsey wasn't. That all hurt him a lot.
Humm.... probably it hurted it in his pride, and because of all the story between them, I guess. But as an artist, I don't think Lindsey was looking for being a superstar. His solo albums weren't designed for a superstar. He was more interested in the art, the work. I don't see his albums intended to be a commercial huge success.

I agree. Lindsey's solo album weren't designed for commercial success. Infact all his album were more adventerous, very distant from the pattern of making hits for sales.

KarmaContestant 07-10-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1098388)
He came up with Dreams, YMLF, Songbird, and the list goes on.... lolol

I think it's important to distinguish that Lindsey did not write those songs - he contributed instrumentation, which is not substantial enough to get him writing credits.

RockawayBlind 07-10-2013 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dontlookdown (Post 1098363)

Why blame the press? Lindsey seems to bring this up repeatedly on his own. He, of all people, should have gotten sick of talking about it by now. But he doesn't seem to. It's either some sick obsession or a calculated marketing ploy.

SteveMacD 07-10-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarmaContestant (Post 1098391)
I think it's important to distinguish that Lindsey did not write those songs - he contributed instrumentation, which is not substantial enough to get him writing credits.

I believe the "lol" at the end of the post meant he was being facetious.

SteveMacD 07-10-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockawayBlind (Post 1098392)
Why blame the press? Lindsey seems to bring this up repeatedly on his own. He, of all people, should have gotten sick of talking about it by now. But he doesn't seem to. It's either some sick obsession or a calculated marketing ploy.

I'm going with the latter.