The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Must-see FM footage? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=41087)

daniellaaarisen 07-24-2009 04:06 PM

Must-see FM footage?

Hello my wonderful Ledgies!

About a year ago, a plane lost a suitcase of mine full with basically all the Fleetwood Mac stuff I have ever owned. All my DVDs, CDs, shirts, vinyls.... a note handwritten to me from Stephanie Nicks herself (that was the most devastating loss ever). Basically, I hate Air France.

Now, I'm trying to recollect all the video footage I had before. I currently have:

The Dance
Classic Albums: Rumours
Live In Boston
Destiny Rules
Soundstage Sessions

I am going to buy Stevie's Red Rocks ASAP, but what I'm truly needing is the Mirage video, Rosebud and the Tusk Documentary. Could anyone point me in the right direction here? How should I get my hands on these? And do you guys have any other suggestions?

As always, you guys are awesome.

FMlex 07-24-2009 04:13 PM

I have yet to buy Red Rocks or Destiny Rules doc, but I want to very soon.

I got the Mirage DVD off of eBay (yes, it comes from Brazil) for pretty cheap. I'm sure you could find it on there. Don't be confused by the front cover - the picture is totally wrong. And Gypsy is spelled Gipsy. Oh well, they try. Ha.

I wish there was a DVD out there with Stevie's White Winged Dove concert 1981 and the U.S. Festival 1983 combined on one DVD. That'd be great!

P.S. That's a real bummer about losing all of your FM stuff... especially a letter from Stevie?!?! That is a crime. :sorry: I don't think I could ever get over that loss.

PenguinHead 07-24-2009 04:26 PM

There is also the Tango in the Night video. It's cruel and almost criminal that the Tusk, Mirage and Bella Donna concert videos (I have the official video cassesttes!), haven't been re-released on DVD.

Cocurrently, shouldn't these all be re-released featuring the entire concert sets, (which is now standard these days)? For example, the Rock A Little DVD only features 8 songs.

daniellaaarisen 07-24-2009 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMlex (Post 832721)
I have yet to buy Red Rocks or Destiny Rules doc, but I want to very soon.

I got the Mirage DVD off of eBay (yes, it comes from Brazil) for pretty cheap. I'm sure you could find it on there. Don't be confused by the front cover - the picture is totally wrong. And Gypsy is spelled Gipsy. Oh well, they try. Ha.

I wish there was a DVD out there with Stevie's White Winged Dove concert 1981 and the U.S. Festival 1983 combined on one DVD. That'd be great!

P.S. That's a real bummer about losing all of your FM stuff... especially a letter from Stevie?!?! That is a crime. :sorry: I don't think I could ever get over that loss.

http://cgi.ebay.com/FLEETWOOD-MAC-IN...3A1%7C294%3A50

I'm assuming this is the seller you're talking about? I'll get it ASAP-- thanks!

And yeah, losing that note was the saddest thing EVER. It was really sweet too. I'm lucky I had emailed the contents of the note to a friend of mine so I at least have a record of what it said.

FMlex 07-24-2009 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen (Post 832738)
http://cgi.ebay.com/FLEETWOOD-MAC-IN...3A1%7C294%3A50

I'm assuming this is the seller you're talking about? I'll get it ASAP-- thanks!

And yeah, losing that note was the saddest thing EVER. It was really sweet too. I'm lucky I had emailed the contents of the note to a friend of mine so I at least have a record of what it said.

Yep, that would be it! It might take awhile to get to you, but it's well worth the wait.

Some of the Stevie and Lindsey staredowns on it are priceless. I'm sure you've seen The Chain from it on Youtube where they're looking at each other. They do that quite a bit throughout the show. And you've gotta have that epic SOTM!! :)

daniellaaarisen 07-24-2009 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMlex (Post 832741)
Yep, that would be it! It might take awhile to get to you, but it's well worth the wait.

Some of the Stevie and Lindsey staredowns on it are priceless. I'm sure you've seen The Chain from it on Youtube where they're looking at each other. They do that quite a bit throughout the show. And you've gotta have that epic SOTM!! :)

Exactly. I need it. Anddddd I don't have to worry about the Tusk Doc anymore so life's good :)

daniellaaarisen 07-24-2009 05:53 PM

Okay, I just ordered Red Rocks and Mirage. Whoohoo!

So I just reallllly want Tusk and Rosebud again, which I doubt I will find anywhere without the help of all of you guys. I think I have Tusk covered.... anyone know where I can get Rosebud? Other suggestions? I want to eventually have a pretty extensive collection of Fleetwood Mac/Stevie stuff again.

FMlex 07-24-2009 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen (Post 832749)

So I just reallllly want Tusk and Rosebud again, which I doubt I will find anywhere without the help of all of you guys. I think I have Tusk covered.... anyone know where I can get Rosebud? Other suggestions? I want to eventually have a pretty extensive collection of Fleetwood Mac/Stevie stuff again.

I don't, but I would love to know!!

LikeAWillow 07-24-2009 06:18 PM

Have you guys tried contacting any of the traders who are still around (are there any traders still around? :confused: :confused: ) Many of them are willing to do 2:1 trades-- trades where you simply provide the trader with 2 dvds for every 1 dvd you'd like burned. This way, the trader is able to be compensated for their time, and the newbie who doesn't have anything to trade is still able to build a collection.

To find traders, just google Stevie Nicks Trades of Fleetwood Mac trades :)

FMlex 07-24-2009 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LikeAWillow (Post 832755)
Have you guys tried contacting any of the traders who are still around (are there any traders still around? :confused: :confused: ) Many of them are willing to do 2:1 trades-- trades where you simply provide the trader with 2 dvds for every 1 dvd you'd like burned. This way, the trader is able to be compensated for their time, and the newbie who doesn't have anything to trade is still able to build a collection.

To find traders, just google Stevie Nicks Trades of Fleetwood Mac trades :)

Hey, thanks for that advice!! I'll definitely look into that.
Much appreciated :)

LikeAWillow 07-24-2009 10:12 PM

It's no problem. I wish I had a dvd burner so I could help you guys out :sorry:

vivfox 07-25-2009 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PenguinHead (Post 832723)

Cocurrently, shouldn't these all be re-released featuring the entire concert sets, For example, the Rock A Little DVD only features 8 songs.

What is this? Live videos from a concert?

Moz 07-25-2009 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen (Post 832749)

Just ask a trader ;) You only have to pay for postage and discs. I got mine from Sahara, but I'm not sure if she's doing any trades right now.

cbBen 08-02-2009 07:05 PM

Stevie Storytellers

The Stevie Nicks Storytellers performances on youtube (some were broadcast, others never aired) are pretty great.

AliceLover 08-02-2009 07:36 PM

If anyone hasn't seen the WWD concert, Mirage Tour concert video, Tusk Doc, and Red Rocks, I really don't think you know Fleetwood Mac. I saw all these videos before I ever listened to a Fleetwood Mac/Stevie Nicks CD and I was hooked from the second they came on the screen.