The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Tour postponed - new dates August (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58888)

HomerMcvie 04-16-2020 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1257329)
70 yr old with a pre-existing condition which puts him even more at risk, regardless of how well he feels at the moment

Exactly. Even though he's always been the youthful one, it doesn't matter. He shouldn't take chances, regardless of willingness to do so.

I believe a vaccine is our only hope of returning to any semblance of normal life. I think we're f*cked until then.

michelej1 04-16-2020 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1257328)
I think Lindsey should do a live stream, solo acoustic or One Man Show-style. Yeah, the triumphant return to the stage would be a great moment of catharsis and very lucrative, but that’s not the moment we’re in. Realistically, that might be another year before that’s feasible. Why wait any longer? If he has a statement to make, he should make it now.

True. And if you can be promoted at all, now that we are all part of a captive audience, he might get more eyes and ears on him this way than he would with a tour. But I would rather it not be one-man show. Four piece band would be good.

michelej1 04-16-2020 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1257329)
70 yr old with a pre-existing condition which puts him even more at risk, regardless of how well he feels at the moment

And he’s had a seizure before, even if we don’t know why. Stevie had decided the edge walk was dangerous even before this all happened. Now, there’s no shaking hands.

Macfan4life 04-16-2020 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1257337)
And he’s had a seizure before, even if we don’t know why. Stevie had decided the edge walk was dangerous even before this all happened. Now, there’s no shaking hands.

Yep which means no more meet and greets. Glad I got to shake his hand 2 years ago.

HomerMcvie 04-16-2020 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1257338)
Yep which means no more meet and greets. Glad I got to shake his hand 2 years ago.

There might never again be meet and greets, for eternity, now.

Mick will be bankrupt in a year.

Macfan4life 04-16-2020 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1257339)

Ha ha
Now that may win The Ledge post of the year!

UnwindedDreams 04-17-2020 02:37 PM

Jazz Fest cancelled for 2020 and already announced the 2021 days.

I think it's smart that LB's marketing people didn't put any of these summer dates on his website. Leave it to the venues & bookers to put the word out about existing shows.

snroxman 04-17-2020 06:54 PM

re: SteveMacD - I think Lindsey should do a live stream, solo acoustic or One Man Show-style.

Same! He has so much to offer. The new collaboration with The Killers was a huge surprise. Would love to see more.

michelej1 04-17-2020 08:20 PM

You could still take pictures at a meet and greet. 6 feet apart from the celebrity.

button-lip 04-23-2020 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1257338)

I (and many others) was supposed to see him and hug him in two days. And now that I think about it, we were so fortunate to meet him and talk to him and support him so many times that I'm truly ok knowing that he's taking no chances and I hope he re-considers and cancels the whole tour until next year. :distress::distress:

Like Homer said, a vaccine is our only hope of going back to a normal life. Lindsey should take good care of himself until then. He had to deal with enough sh*t lately. :D

button-lip 04-23-2020 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1257339)

And this time there will be no Lindsey to offer him his Winnebago to live :laugh:

HomerMcvie 04-23-2020 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1257446)
And this time there will be no Lindsey to offer him his Winnebago to live :laugh:

Maybe Lindsey could run him over with a Winnebago!

I'd buy tickets to watch!!!

luminol 04-24-2020 09:49 AM

Quick vent...

The Atlanta venue is refusing to offer any refunds since the show is technically just "postponed."

While I am sad the tour has been canceled (for now), I really need the money back from the tickets I bought. It's like they're holding the funds hostage. And there is no news for new shows because of the virus (obviously!).

Not sure how to go about this. Very frustrating all around (I am not blaming anyone for this, clearly the virus has wreaked havoc on everyone).

Sorry, just kinda venting here.

Hope all of you are well.

UnwindedDreams 04-24-2020 12:50 PM

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope a treasure chest of cash comes to you!
The one thought I had was maybe you could call Live Nation, and ask for Customer or Patron services. I think they are the parent company of Ticketmaster.

button-lip 04-24-2020 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luminol (Post 1257449)
Quick vent...

The Atlanta venue is refusing to offer any refunds since the show is technically just "postponed."

While I am sad the tour has been canceled (for now), I really need the money back from the tickets I bought. It's like they're holding the funds hostage. And there is no news for new shows because of the virus (obviously!).

Not sure how to go about this. Very frustrating all around (I am not blaming anyone for this, clearly the virus has wreaked havoc on everyone).

Sorry, just kinda venting here.

Hope all of you are well.

Unfortunately, that’s Live Nation and Ticketmaster’s policy all around the world. I have tickets for Rumours of FM in the UK and until the show isn’t canceled, TM won’t give me my money back.

That’s why I’m also hoping for this tour to be 100 percent canceled. People need the money right now!