The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What ever happened to the US festival documentary? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=56058)

Wdm6789 05-16-2016 05:57 AM

What ever happened to the US festival documentary?

Wasn't there talk a few years ago about the US festival documentary that was going to feature videos of Fleetwood Mac's show? Has there been any updates?

stevierocks87 05-16-2016 06:06 AM

I think it was finally shelved after several years of rights issues :-(

SisterNightroad 05-16-2016 06:30 AM

Dude, you're one of the people that periodically asks about it:
http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showth...ht=festival%22
http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showth...=festival+1982

However on the facebook pages there's not been any update since last November and it was unrelated:
As heard tonight by a world class drummer.." The guitar players are empty calories the drums and bass are the meat and potatoes"
Please post your thoughts!!

SisterNightroad 06-03-2016 04:06 PM

Wdm6789 06-04-2016 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SisterNightroad (Post 1185047)

Well that is pretty exciting. I see the Mirage album cover in the top right corner. I hope we finally get some good videos of unseen Mirage tour performances.

desertangel 06-04-2016 10:06 AM

Really hope this happens. I'm tired of getting my hopes up only to have them dashed by the passage of time and no product delivered. I really got my hopes up years back when Spin did a cover and spread on outdoor festivals. As an attendee, I was contacted for quotes by the writer who got my info off an obscure website posting. He seemed positive more performance material would be coming out as interest had been building. So far all I've ever found was the compilation DVD from '83 and a few full performance CDs, which The English Beat one is quite good! Money talks, as they say... and it's clearly the issue on this one.

SisterNightroad 06-05-2016 02:42 PM

jbrownsjr 06-05-2016 02:48 PM

That's great news!!

Macfanforever 06-05-2016 04:21 PM

Who cares about completion videos.Don't cheap out on it.How bout complete uncut concerts from all the artists including Stevie and FM.

SisterNightroad 06-06-2016 09:11 AM

I asked on their Facebook page about the Fleetwood Mac material. They answered:

Wdm6789 06-06-2016 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SisterNightroad (Post 1185288)

Please be the full set.

SisterNightroad 06-06-2016 12:55 PM

I suggest anyone who has facebook to give their input as well. Only if more people ask for it we have a greater possibility to get what we want.

SisterNightroad 06-07-2016 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfanforever (Post 1185238)
Who cares about completion videos.Don't cheap out on it.How bout complete uncut concerts from all the artists including Stevie and FM.

Quote:

Originally Posted by desertangel (Post 1185097)
Really hope this happens. I'm tired of getting my hopes up only to have them dashed by the passage of time and no product delivered. I really got my hopes up years back when Spin did a cover and spread on outdoor festivals. As an attendee, I was contacted for quotes by the writer who got my info off an obscure website posting. He seemed positive more performance material would be coming out as interest had been building. So far all I've ever found was the compilation DVD from '83 and a few full performance CDs, which The English Beat one is quite good! Money talks, as they say... and it's clearly the issue on this one.

When asked about the 1983 edition they said:

The US Festivals one never knows what the future brings, of course - but for now, one thing at a time. this is something we wanted to do for a while, not an easy thing to set up, but we are now past the hard part. the significance of 1982 was that it truly took a vision and made it into a reality, created an awesome venue from near nothingness, and pioneered so many things as it went. more on this soon.

SisterNightroad 06-08-2016 06:00 AM

Macfanforever 06-08-2016 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SisterNightroad (Post 1185288)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SisterNightroad (Post 1185401)
When asked about the 1983 edition they said:

The US Festivals one never knows what the future brings, of course - but for now, one thing at a time. this is something we wanted to do for a while, not an easy thing to set up, but we are now past the hard part. the significance of 1982 was that it truly took a vision and made it into a reality, created an awesome venue from near nothingness, and pioneered so many things as it went. more on this soon.

They are FOS."Footage" Footage is not the complete set.I'm not surprise.
Thanks for your time for doing the research.