The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Post-Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Billy Burnette album downloads (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=24194)

macfan 57 11-26-2005 07:52 PM

Billy Burnette album downloads

This is a great idea! The Fleetwood Mac Legacy website has something called Billy Burnette Saturday Night Special. Every Saturday night, they will be offering an entire Billy Burnette solo album for download. Tonight's album is I believe, Billy's first solo album. It sounds like they may be doing all of his albums. Many of these are long out of print & never released on CD. Just click on Updates on the left side of the page & you'll see a link to Billy Burnette Saturday Night special.

http://www.fmlegacy.com/main.html

DavidMn 11-27-2005 05:02 PM

Thank you for posting this. I will be checking it out.:nod:

Miss Vicky 11-28-2005 10:22 AM

Figures, after I've already spent a bunch of money buying used records. Sigh.

Oh well... one can never have too much Billy... unless we're talking about his movies.

DavidMn 11-30-2005 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Vicky
Figures, after I've already spent a bunch of money buying used records. Sigh.

Oh well... one can never have too much Billy... unless we're talking about his movies.

He's been in Movies? really? I didnt know that.

SteveMacD 11-30-2005 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMn
He's been in Movies? really? I didnt know that.

In one of them (Saturday Night Special) he played a country singer. The only cool part of that movie is when he's singing. (The Bigger The Love, Tangled Up In Texas, and an alternate take on When The Sun Goes Down.) The music video element to the movie is really the only reason to own it.

Oh, and if you're a Lindsey fan who hates Billy, Billy's character gets shot and dies in the movie...

DavidMn 11-30-2005 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD
In one of them (Saturday Night Special) he played a country singer. The only cool part of that movie is when he's singing. (The Bigger The Love, Tangled Up In Texas, and an alternate take on When The Sun Goes Down.) The music video element to the movie is really the only reason to own it.

Oh, and if you're a Lindsey fan who hates Billy, Billy's character gets shot and dies in the movie...

Thats too bad. Is that part better than when Mick was in that movie, what was it called? Running Man?

wetcamelfood 11-30-2005 03:50 PM

More Spoilers

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD
Billy's character gets shot and dies in the movie...

He must like dying in movies since he gets eaten in "Carnosaur 3", blown up in "Not like us"... :)

John

DavidMn 11-30-2005 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wetcamelfood
He must like dying in movies since he gets eaten in "Carnosaur 3", blown up in "Not like us"... :)

John

Carnosaur 3?:lol:

Miss Vicky 12-01-2005 10:46 AM

Quote:

John

Did he get blown up in Not Like Us? I didn't get past the first five minutes to find that out.

But yeah... he's been in some real turkeys. Richie Rich's Christmas Wish anyone? Casper Meets Wendy? How about Addams Family Reunion? No? Awww... come on! Oscar caliber performances all around!

Incidentally, Mick Fleetwood makes a cameo in Saturday Night Special as well.

billwebster 12-05-2005 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macfan 57
This is a great idea! The Fleetwood Mac Legacy website has something called Billy Burnette Saturday Night Special. Every Saturday night, they will be offering an entire Billy Burnette solo album for download. Tonight's album is I believe, Billy's first solo album. It sounds like they may be doing all of his albums. Many of these are long out of print & never released on CD. Just click on Updates on the left side of the page & you'll see a link to Billy Burnette Saturday Night special.

http://www.fmlegacy.com/main.html

Thanks very much for telling us. Hopefully, they include Billy's quasi hit Nothin' To Do (And All Night To Do It) in this special feature as well, since it wasn't on any of his albums.
Has Soldier Of Love been released on CD at some time?

chiliD 12-05-2005 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billwebster
Has Soldier Of Love been released on CD at some time?

No. Not as such...about 1/2 of it (along with 1/2 of his Try Me album plus a single track or two) made up the album called Brother To Brother, and THAT was released on CD.

wetcamelfood 12-05-2005 04:24 PM

In the early 90's "Soldier of love" was released on CD in Japan (manuafactured by Alpha Records in Tokyo). It came out the same time the "Brother to brother" comp CD did, so I'd guess it was the same folks that released both (off hand). :)

John

wetcamelfood 12-05-2005 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Vicky
Did he get blown up in Not Like Us? I didn't get past the first five minutes to find that out.

HA! Yeah, sadly NLU was probably the best one, if even on a camp, unintentionally funny level. :)

John

Miss Vicky 12-05-2005 11:10 PM

Quote:

HA! Yeah, sadly NLU was probably the best one, if even on a camp, unintentionally funny level. :)

John

I rather liked Saturday Night Special. It was so horribly bad and predictable that it was funny, plus it had the redeeming quality of featuring Billy's great tunes.

What little I managed to watch of Not Like Us on the other hand, was just bad. I actually got further into Carnosaur 3 than I did in Not Like us. I own all of the films (some ebayer had Saturday Night Special, Not Like Us, Carnosaur 3, Casper Meets Wendy, Addams Family Reunion, and Richie Rich's Christmas Wish in a lot together. As I recall nobody tried to outbid me. Can't understand why.) so maybe I'll give it another chance, provided I can remember where the heck I put it.

Bryan 12-07-2005 08:22 AM

wow this is great. Of the pre-Fleetwood Mac Billy I only had the Brother to Brother compilation CD..so this is awesome to have them available to download.
Not that alot of the really older material (1972!) is anything spectacular but it's nice to hear all the same!:)