The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Jenny Boyd talks forgiving Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58976)

Villavic 07-22-2020 11:56 AM

Jenny Boyd talks forgiving Stevie Nicks

I think this belongs to this forum, since the Stevie episode was during the Rumours lineup days.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...d-stevie-nicks

soul_drifter333 07-22-2020 04:52 PM

Never understood why Bob Weston got the ax for having an affair with someone outside the group but it was OK for Mick and Stevie both in the group to do the same thing. Double standard. And we wonder why there were so many hurt feelings that exploded a few years ago. The whole band was/is highly dysfunctional.

HomerMcvie 07-22-2020 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soul_drifter333 (Post 1258889)
Never understood why Bob Weston got the ax for having an affair with someone outside the group but it was OK for Mick and Stevie both in the group to do the same thing. Double standard. And we wonder why there were so many hurt feelings that exploded a few years ago. The whole band was/is highly dysfunctional.

Because Mick's a big old drama queen.

bombaysaffires 07-22-2020 06:07 PM

Quote:

interestingly Carol talked about this in her book-- how there was this unspoken rule around the band that the band members themselves were never "responsible" (or held responsible) for anything that happened. Apparently when you are the goose laying the golden egg that brings everyone money and jobs etc no one will criticize you. This of course was true for the Rumours 5, seems maybe not for the band members before that.

Villavic 07-22-2020 07:31 PM

Quote:

Come on.. it's so easy to understand. Stevie was not that replaceable at that moment.

UnwindedDreams 07-22-2020 07:52 PM

Fox "News" running a story of substance:rolleyes:

jbrownsjr 07-23-2020 07:02 AM

Who didn't Stevie or Mick have an affair with? Now that's a story!

HomerMcvie 07-23-2020 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1258894)

If $tevie's hoo hoo had an odometer, $he'd need one of the more modern ones installed, that registers when it turns over 100K miles.:lol:

Mick is so fugly, WHO would want to sleep with him?

soul_drifter333 07-23-2020 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1258894)

According to Mick he was unable to have affairs on the road. :rolleyes:

HomerMcvie 07-23-2020 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soul_drifter333 (Post 1258905)
According to Mick he was unable to have affairs on the road. :rolleyes:

Maybe it's hard to get it up after doing a mountain of blow?:D

SteveMacD 07-25-2020 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1258893)
Fox "News" running a story of substance:rolleyes:

Taku’s wife is an anchor at F”N”C.

Bill O’Reilly and HRC were both guests at the DC show a couple of years back.

UnwindedDreams 07-25-2020 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1259013)
Taku’s wife is an anchor at F”N”C.

Bill O’Reilly and HRC were both guests at the DC show a couple of years back.

I think Stevie is actually traditionally conservative, which I don't care about. She slammed Madonna for kissing two women on tv so I don't think her LGBTQ views are progressive. Gaga, Cher, Bono, Madonna, Springsteen are vocally supportive of the LGBTQ community
I don't like FOX.

SteveMacD 07-26-2020 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1259015)
I think Stevie is actually traditionally conservative, which I don't care about. She slammed Madonna for kissing two women on tv so I don't think her LGBTQ views are progressive. Gaga, Cher, Bono, Madonna, Springsteen are vocally supportive of the LGBTQ community
I don't like FOX.

I think the McVies are pretty conservative, but I think everyone else is left of center. However, that was as of a quarter century ago. I don’t know how they swing, now, especially in these strange times.

I don’t think Stevie dug Madonna’s sexuality being out in the open in general. Then again, I think Stevie considered Madonna a threat.

michelej1 07-26-2020 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1258901)
If $tevie's hoo hoo had an odometer, $he'd need one of the more modern ones installed, that registers when it turns over 100K miles.:lol:

Mick is so fugly, WHO would want to sleep with him?

No one but ... I like his voice sometimes in interviews.

UnwindedDreams 07-26-2020 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1259024)
I don’t think Stevie dug Madonna’s sexuality being out in the open in general. Then again, I think Stevie considered Madonna a threat.

Yet, Stevie loves Gaga. Maybe ageism lingering there.