The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Article - Top Ten Songs Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham Wrote About Each Other (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=50437)

kenzo 07-04-2012 04:15 AM

Article - Top Ten Songs Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham Wrote About Each Other

http://www.hipstercrite.com/2012/07/...ut-each-other/

WildHearted 07-04-2012 08:44 AM

That's a pretty good list!

I hope that person's a ledgie! If not, they need to be!

TrueFaith77 07-04-2012 09:53 AM

I found the article to be hateful. Though, obviously, one cannot fault the songs.

henryscutter 07-04-2012 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 (Post 1057283)
I found the article to be hateful. Though, obviously, one cannot fault the songs.

It seemed pretty accurate, in what way was it hateful?

Villavic 07-04-2012 06:44 PM

I don't think the Tusk songs were about each other (specially Angel), unless they were wrote during the Rumours days. And Say Goodbye.. I think I read it was about leaving the band, not her.
Why would they always had to write about the same ex-lover?? If so, I'd tell them Get a life!!!

Frankly I got bored about the SN-LB breakup innuendos, songs, etc... It's like watching a new documentary about the making of Rumours. I think Fleetwood Mac was more rich in terms of art, music, etc., even in the 80s, to get articles about other topics. But I think we have lost hope of see some day the making of Mirage or Tango.

henryscutter 07-04-2012 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villavic (Post 1057327)
I don't think the Tusk songs were about each other (specially Angel), unless they were wrote during the Rumours days. And Say Goodbye.. I think I read it was about leaving the band, not her.
Why would they always had to write about the same ex-lover?? If so, I'd tell them Get a life!!!

Frankly I got bored about the SN-LB breakup innuendos, songs, etc... It's like watching a new documentary about the making of Rumours. I think Fleetwood Mac was more rich in terms of art, music, etc., even in the 80s, to get articles about other topics. But I think we have lost hope of see some day the making of Mirage or Tango.

Oh I could easily see Angel being about Lindsey. With the recent books detailing Lindsey's temper and behaviour I can see why Stevie would dream that he was an angel :laugh:

WildHearted 07-04-2012 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by henryscutter (Post 1057329)
Oh I could easily see Angel being about Lindsey. With the recent books detailing Lindsey's temper and behaviour I can see why Stevie would dream that he was an angel :laugh:

I know there was kind of a schism where some people thought Angel was about Mick and some thought it was about Lindsey... now, I always thought Lindsey to begin with. But I'm even more inclined to feel that way after You May Be The One basically referencing that song "I used to dream that you were an angel" vs "the angel of my dreams".

And I DEFINITELY think some of Lindsey's Tusks songs were about Stevie - Not That Funny, What Makes You Think You're The One, Tusk...

As for Say Goodbye - It was written after he left the band - but I'm fairly certain it was only about him leaving the band in the same way that him leaving the band was him leaving Stevie. If that makes any sense the way I've written.

CADreaming 07-04-2012 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildHearted (Post 1057330)
I know there was kind of a schism where some people thought Angel was about Mick and some thought it was about Lindsey... now, I always thought Lindsey to begin with. But I'm even more inclined to feel that way after You May Be The One basically referencing that song "I used to dream that you were an angel" vs "the angel of my dreams".

And her recent quote, "He stopped being the tall cool drink of water guy that was beautiful that played guitar on the side of the stage and sang like an angel."

That look they share in the Tusk doc where they're working on the song too. Mick, my arse. :laugh:

Dodfather 07-05-2012 12:23 AM

Interesting article here and a pretty solid list. Great call on What Makes You Think You're The One but where's Smile At You and Thrown Down? I'd also go for Fall From Grace over Blue Denim any day.

Blueletter18 07-05-2012 01:22 AM

I thought this was a wonderful list! Say Goodbye and Angel have been some of my absolute favorite FM songs, so it was great to see them included.

moon 07-05-2012 07:07 AM

Hi! Nice list! Silver Springs is definitely THE song.

I agree with Villavic, I don't think the Tusk songs were for each other. Yes, maybe, but Tusk sounds different, words & music...I don't know how can explain it!
And about Say Goodbye, Lindsey talks about it on the SoundStage DVD. He said to the people something about his departure from Fleetwood Mac, and how the time made him release the song a few years later.
Finally, I could put Monday Morning too. I don't know where, but I saw the song was "from Lindsey to Stevie, with love".
Regards!

Villavic 07-05-2012 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moon (Post 1057356)
I agree with Villavic, I don't think the Tusk songs were for each other.!

By the time of the Tusk sessions Stevie had already dated Paul Fishkin, Don Henley, and Mick Fleetwood. Though that does not guarantee somebody has definitely close the chapter and has no feelings for an ex, I think Stevie's life was already full of emotions and feelings so she can sing about anybody.

Even Never Going Back Again is about another girl, and that song is from the Rumours days.

bombaysaffires 07-05-2012 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villavic (Post 1057441)
By the time of the Tusk sessions Stevie had already dated Paul Fishkin, Don Henley, and Mick Fleetwood. Though that does not guarantee somebody has definitely close the chapter and has no feelings for an ex, I think Stevie's life was already full of emotions and feelings so she can sing about anybody.

She also went out with JD Souther and according to Ken Caillat's book she was seeing one of the engineers at the studio for a time during the making of Rumours also. And plenty more folks we don't know about. She's gone out with LOTS and lots of guys and her songs can be about almost any of them or any combination of them. Thinking every song is about Lindsey, or totally about Lindsey, is unrealistic.

WildHearted 07-05-2012 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1057446)
She also went out with JD Souther and according to Ken Caillat's book she was seeing one of the engineers at the studio for a time during the making of Rumours also. And plenty more folks we don't know about. She's gone out with LOTS and lots of guys and her songs can be about almost any of them or any combination of them. Thinking every song is about Lindsey, or totally about Lindsey, is unrealistic.

A lot of her songs are probably not really about anyone.... just scenarios she made up in her mind.

Neal 07-07-2012 09:42 PM

Very cool article!

One thing though, he says "Blue Denim" is about Stevie's seeing Lindsey at the Clinton inauguration after a long absence, but didn't they see each other several years earlier when Lindsey made some appearances on the BTM tour?