The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Christine McVie (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Making of CM 1984 Album Part 1 (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59930)

jbrownsjr 05-01-2023 07:55 AM

Making of CM 1984 Album Part 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHBkAJPUfV8

aleuzzi 05-01-2023 08:26 AM

The whole phone booth thing in the beginning cracks me up—time capsule…

jbrownsjr 05-01-2023 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1284325)
The whole phone booth thing in the beginning cracks me up—time capsule…

He even takes a call on the other phone from Mo Ostin! :laugh:

Wdm6789 05-04-2023 11:26 AM

That was fun to watch. Christine was drinking a lot there though.

Penguin Emeritus 05-10-2023 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wdm6789 (Post 1284449)
That was fun to watch. Christine was drinking a lot there though.

I think she kind of always was... I do love that documentary, though.

--Lis

HomerMcvie 05-10-2023 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus (Post 1284567)
I think she kind of always was... I do love that documentary, though.

--Lis

The woman who was never photographed without a cocktail in hand. God I love her.

jbrownsjr 05-12-2023 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1284568)
The woman who was never photographed without a cocktail in hand. God I love her.

Honestly, we just want to be her. :lol:

HomerMcvie 05-12-2023 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1284582)
Honestly, we just want to be her. :lol:

I'M MORE HER THAN YOU, BECAUSE I DRINK MORE THAN YOU!!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

jbrownsjr 05-15-2023 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1284583)
I'M MORE HER THAN YOU, BECAUSE I DRINK MORE THAN YOU!!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:eek: Wow, that's pretty bad then!! :lol:

HomerMcvie 05-15-2023 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1284608)
:eek: Wow, that's pretty bad then!! :lol:

Depends on who you ask. Mick says I'm fine!

aleuzzi 05-15-2023 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1284583)

I'm not much of a drinker, especially a wine drinker, so in that sense I will never be Christine. But much of what she said, sang, and did connects with me, feels right. I identify more strongly with her than any member of FM.

Lindsey's creativity is awe-inspiring, and Stevie's commitment to her songs is laudable. Bob Welch's intellect was intriguing. Danny's stinging tone reminds me of the importance of voice. Peter's fluidity was aspirational. But all of this is nothing compared to affinity I feel for Christine.

Wow, this is so well stated. Ditto.

HomerMcvie 05-15-2023 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1284614)
I'm not much of a drinker, especially a wine drinker, so in that sense I will never be Christine. But much of what she said, sang, and did connects with me, feels right. I identify more strongly with her than any member of FM.

Lindsey's creativity is awe-inspiring, and Stevie's commitment to her songs is laudable. Bob Welch's intellect was intriguing. Danny's stinging tone reminds me of the importance of voice. Peter's fluidity was aspirational. But all of this is nothing compared to affinity I feel for Christine.

Wow, this is so well stated. Ditto.

Red wine is my favorite thing in life. Unfortunately, it hurts me. After about a decade of it being my permanent accessory, I had to switch to a different drink, although I'll still have it once or twice a month. I tell my friends regularly, "on the day I day, I hope there are about 4 empty bottles of red lying next to me".

Christine IS(was) the one. She's what made it all work. Quirky Lindsey. Ditzy Stevie. Drunk John. Loser Mick. SHE is what brought it all together.

aleuzzi 05-15-2023 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1284615)
Red wine is my favorite thing in life. Unfortunately, it hurts me. After about a decade of it being my permanent accessory, I had to switch to a different drink, although I'll still have it once or twice a month. I tell my friends regularly, "on the day I day, I hope there are about 4 empty bottles of red lying next to me".

Christine IS(was) the one. She's what made it all work. Quirky Lindsey. Ditzy Stevie. Drunk John. Loser Mick. SHE is what brought it all together.

I love the taste of red wine but it gives me headaches and makes me lethargic. White is good, but these days I prefer vodka and gin…Nothing beats a vodka gimlet, because I am a 1960s housewife.

Agree about Christine. She gave them class and distinction. They’d have sounded first like Savoy Brown and then Appalachian mountain music without her.

Street_Dreamer 05-15-2023 10:20 PM

The interaction between Christine, George and Todd as they're writing The Challenge is some of my favorite stuff. I really hopes this sees the light of day on DVD.

HomerMcvie 05-16-2023 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1284622)
I love the taste of red wine but it gives me headaches and makes me lethargic. White is good, but these days I prefer vodka and gin…Nothing beats a vodka gimlet, because I am a 1960s housewife.

Agree about Christine. She gave them class and distinction. They’d have sounded first like Savoy Brown and then Appalachian mountain music without her.

I hang out a few days a week with this crazy old(75) lady from my hometown(who I never met before I lived in Nashville- the irony), who proclaims upon her first drink, EVERY DAY, "this is the best f*cking vodka gimlet I've had today!" And we laugh, and watch her get sh*t faced. It's the small things in life...

I truly wonder what would have happened, if Christine had left when S&L joined, if anything would have happened? I doubt it.