The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Pay no attention to the band behind the Penguin! (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57858)

secondhandchain 05-01-2018 10:18 AM

Pay no attention to the band behind the Penguin!
 
Getting bombarded with advertisements on Facebook and Instagram. The fact that there is NO band picture and NO band line up is so sleazy IMO.

secondhandchain 05-01-2018 10:31 AM

Also what's going on with the site? Mick's henchman?

louielouie2000 05-01-2018 11:07 AM

Even the local Austin radio stations are hocking ticket sales. Iíve never heard anything like it before, DJís are announcing the tour & Austin date while plugging that their station is based on the music of Fleetwood Mac. Obviously FMís people are deep in damage control mode.

Storms123 05-01-2018 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louielouie2000 (Post 1225870)
Even the local Austin radio stations are hocking ticket sales. Iíve never heard anything like it before, DJís are announcing the tour & Austin date while plugging that their station is based on the music of Fleetwood Mac. Obviously FMís people are deep in damage control mode.

I find this to be rather hilarious. Iíve also received more emails from ticketmaster in the last 24 hours. The spin doctors surely have whiplash at this point

Neal 05-02-2018 12:27 PM

Assuming that the current pre-sales are catering mostly to the die-hards who already know what's going on, I have a feeling general audience sales will stall once the word gets spread.

Or I could be completely wrong, and the more casual fans won't care about behind the scenes drama, as long as they hear the songs and see the twirls... :shrug:

Hawkeye 05-02-2018 12:30 PM

Yea of all the complaints people are making this one actually has a lot of validity to me. Pushing that penguin picture and not a band photo is incredibly dishonest and misleading to those potentially buying tickets and expecting the rumours 5.

jbrownsjr 05-02-2018 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkeye (Post 1226049)
Yea of all the complaints people are making this one actually has a lot of validity to me. Pushing that penguin picture and not a band photo is incredibly dishonest and misleading to those potentially buying tickets and expecting the rumours 5.

They may be bitches. But, they are not dumb bitches! :laugh:

NotonRodeo 05-02-2018 01:08 PM

I will bet that had Burnette not posted about Lindsey's firing they would not have revealed Lindsey's departure until AFTER the tickets had been sold. We all know Mick is capable of this tomfoolery.

button-lip 05-02-2018 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotonRodeo (Post 1226061)
I will bet that had Burnette not posted about Lindsey's firing they would not have revealed Lindsey's departure until AFTER the tickets had been sold. We all know Mick is capable of this tomfoolery.

They have spies everywhere. They knew we already knew and we were only waiting for the inevitable to happen. :( A$$holes! :(

bwboy 05-02-2018 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotonRodeo (Post 1226061)
I will bet that had Burnette not posted about Lindsey's firing they would not have revealed Lindsey's departure until AFTER the tickets had been sold. We all know Mick is capable of this tomfoolery.

I don't believe that for a second, they definitely would have announced the new lineup first, just like they did back in 1987. Even more so now, because unlike Billy and Rick, whom I loved, were virtual unknowns; Mike Campbell and Neil Finn are not unknown, and have their own fan bases, so of course FM would want to advertise their presence. As far as people still not knowing Lindsey is out of FM, the commercials airing in Ohio for the upcoming tour show and name each member. It's May and the concert isn't until Nov 7, so word is out, and will continue to be as we get closer to the tour.

jbrownsjr 05-02-2018 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1226070)
I don't believe that for a second, they definitely would have announced the new lineup first, just like they did back in 1987. Even more so now, because unlike Billy and Rick, whom I loved, were virtual unknowns; Mike Campbell and Neil Finn are not unknown, and have their own fan bases, so of course FM would want to advertise their presence. As far as people still not knowing Lindsey is out of FM, the commercials airing in Ohio for the upcoming tour show and name each member. It's May and the concert isn't until Nov 7, so word is out, and will continue to be as we get closer to the tour.

I saw both Tango (Shaking the Cage) and BTM tours at Richfield, OH.

Most people don't know the members like we do. They could name Tom Petty and people wouldn't blink.

FM77 05-02-2018 03:47 PM

I don't think the penguins are meant as a ruse---it's meant for merchandising. Most people don't want to buy t-shirts with 70 year olds on them. The penguins are a cool throwback IMO.

SisterNightroad 05-02-2018 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FM77 (Post 1226099)
I don't think the penguins are meant as a ruse---it's meant for merchandising. Most people don't want to buy t-shirts with 70 year olds on them. The penguins are a cool throwback IMO.

I think so too, they're the exact same used for the 1975 tour bumper stickers:


secondhandchain 05-02-2018 03:59 PM

If Lindsey were still in the band you can be SURE they wouldn't just have a freaking penguin as the band advertisement.

madeline 05-02-2018 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1226071)
I saw both Tango (Shaking the Cage) and BTM tours at Richfield, OH.

Most people don't know the members like we do. They could name Tom Petty and people wouldn't blink.

If you saw BTM at Richfield, let me ask you this. Did Billy Burnette sing Rhiannon that night instead of Stevie? I remember reading the review of this concert in Scene magazine and they said he sang it. I have been trying to find someone for years who could say if this was true or not.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved