The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Cheri Caspari (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=39343)

njova 03-12-2009 08:18 PM

^ I think you're right Kristen and Stevie have a different level of beauty obviously Stevie's older so they can't really be compared agewise, but Stevie does seem to have a unique beauty to her even now whereas Kristen seems more of an average type.

njova 03-12-2009 08:24 PM

^ Also I forgot to add they do look genuinely happy together I know people always try to analyze their body language but anyone would be uncomfortable if they had a bunch of camera's flashing in front of them.

Kelly 03-13-2009 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nico (Post 805489)
Does anyone have a picture of this Sally girl? I'm curious.

Cheri Caspari and "beautiful" are two very separate words that belong nowhere near each other in any way/shape/form other than this response from me stating how very absurd they are next to one another. She must have been a nice person, or something...that's all I'm going to say.

Kristen? VERY pretty. Even the haters have to admit that. Sometimes I don't recognize her very well, and I admit her face looks a little "tighter" these days, but often times she glows. She's much prettier than any of the women dated after Stevie (especially Anne Heche, I don't care how Hollyweird she is), but more than Stevie is very debatable...I'll leave that to you to decide. I think it could go either way: Kristen has a very typical kind of prettiness and I could probably find about 10 similar-looking types after about 5 minutes in Beverly Hills. But Stevie kind of has a unique look to her. It's cute.

Anyway, LnK really look genuinely happy together. JMO.

I think K is very pretty...I love her hair in the Grammy video. I know people change as they age, etc, but she does not look much like the girl from 1997. Kristen, circa the Dance, had a much fuller face and looked much more "girl next door". She looks very Beverly Hills to me now. SHe reminds me of the wife of Robert Rey...the plastic surgeon in Beverly Hills. I am sure Lindsey is happy with the wife and kids...he seems very peaceful and his lyrics reflect that. I do think it is bizarre that K comes to LA as an actress, then is a professional photographer, then is an interior designer. :shrug: People change careers though, so no biggie.

LukeA 03-13-2009 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelly (Post 805604)
I do think it is bizarre that K comes to LA as an actress, then is a professional photographer, then is an interior designer. :shrug:

Yes, its amazing the opportunities one has when they date/marry those in power.

Nico 03-13-2009 03:27 PM

Quote:

I think K is very pretty...I love her hair in the Grammy video. I know people change as they age, etc, but she does not look much like the girl from 1997. Kristen, circa the Dance, had a much fuller face and looked much more "girl next door". She looks very Beverly Hills to me now. SHe reminds me of the wife of Robert Rey...the plastic surgeon in Beverly Hills. I am sure Lindsey is happy with the wife and kids...he seems very peaceful and his lyrics reflect that. I do think it is bizarre that K comes to LA as an actress, then is a professional photographer, then is an interior designer. :shrug: People change careers though, so no biggie.

I saw the pics of her in '97 and think she looks more like her fuller face self these days than she did a few years ago. I think either a) she put on some weight or b) got some facial assistance...and by facial assistance I mean exactly what you think I mean.

She's probably one of those types of people that never really knew what she wanted...maybe she just wanted to get out of Wisconsin and live in LA and she equated that with being an actress, but when she realized it wasn't her thing or she wasn't very good at it she moved on to one of her hobbies (photography?) becoming her new career orientation, and in the midst of that met Lindsey. And possibly the interior designer thing was something she felt she had a knack for, and she has (or her husband has) the money to make that vision a reality, and so why not? Right?

WelshWitchPMD 03-13-2009 05:09 PM

Quote:

Oh Kelly have you become a non-shipper? LOL

kak125 03-13-2009 05:24 PM

Wow, I must be the only one here who doesnt think that Kristen is that pretty. I dont know what it is about her that I dont like. I think her and Lindsey just look so odd together. Not sure how to explain it.

CADreaming 03-13-2009 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kak125 (Post 805796)
Wow, I must be the only one here who doesnt think that Kristen is that pretty. I dont know what it is about her that I dont like. I think her and Lindsey just look so odd together. Not sure how to explain it.

You're not the only one...

LukeA 03-13-2009 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CADreaming (Post 805806)

She's a unremarkable blonde that's not unattractive. Even though they are bland and a dime-a-dozen, society as a whole seems to consider them a premium.

WelshWitchPMD 03-13-2009 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CADreaming (Post 805806)

Yeah, can't say I'm a fan myself. I think K is attractive but she doesn't have a sweet look to her. I also agree that K and L seem to have 0 chemistry.

kak125 03-13-2009 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD (Post 805812)
Yeah, can't say I'm a fan myself. I think K is attractive but she doesn't have a sweet look to her. I also agree that K and L seem to have 0 chemistry.

Yeah when I see pics of them they just dont look right together. K always has this smug type look on her face. Who knows she could be the nicest person in the world!

CADreaming 03-13-2009 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeA (Post 805811)
She's a unremarkable blonde that's not unattractive. Even though they are bland and a dime-a-dozen, society as a whole seems to consider them a premium.

Humpf. Sad, but true.

Nico 03-13-2009 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kak125 (Post 805852)
Yeah when I see pics of them they just dont look right together. K always has this smug type look on her face. Who knows she could be the nicest person in the world!

I think the smug pictures are often the posed ones, like the Town & Country and Elle Decor ones...but then I can't deny that I've read/heard of less than pleasant fan encounters. I myself have not had one with her, but I recall just the last year when Lindsey was touring for GOS that there were some. I was a little surprised, because I always assumed she was quieter and more in the background (kind of how she behaves in the Destiny Rules documentary), but as we can all see in the past few years (especially) she clearly isn't...she has graced a magazine cover, generously posed and showcased herself, kids, home/goods in two, and does quite a bit for Lindsey's stuff as of late (pictures, video, songwriting, inspiration, etc.)

I don't say this as a complaint, mind you. It really doesn't bother me. I love LB's current state lately, and I appreciate more than anything his creative energy...if this is what he needs to keep producing more and more music/albums I say BRING IT Kristen. Shoot, plaster collages of your face in his album sleeves for all I care...I just want the music!!

Though...she's almost a subtler, less abrasive version of Yoko, but without the whole "breaking up the band" element. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeA (Post 805811)

It's true...although, I don't know...I've always considered brunettes so much more alluring. Monica Bellucci, for example, is the most gorgeous woman I think I have ever seen in my life. She's, like, perfect looking. And not a blonde. But then, I know a million guys who'd probably say the same about Brigitte Bardot.

Kelly 03-13-2009 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD (Post 805793)
Oh Kelly have you become a non-shipper? LOL

Never Pattie! I think K is pretty, but Stevie is prettier. :p

Kelly 03-13-2009 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD (Post 805812)

I agree and K was anything but nice to the people sitting in the front row at the Philly show in 2003. She was downright nasty and it left a bad taste in my mouth witnessing it all.

kak125 03-13-2009 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelly (Post 805892)
I agree and K was anything but nice to the people sitting in the front row at the Philly show in 2003. She was downright nasty and it left a bad taste in my mouth witnessing it all.

what was that all about?! maybe she was just mad that her hubby was staring at stevie all night and stuff, LOL!

WelshWitchPMD 03-13-2009 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelly (Post 805889)
Never Pattie! I think K is pretty, but Stevie is prettier. :p

Of course. Stevie has a certain 'aura' about her that most people don't have.

Nico 03-13-2009 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelly (Post 805892)

Care to elaborate? :)

michelej1 03-13-2009 11:48 PM

I think Kristen is attractive and in those videos that Lindsey shot himself she usually isn't wearing any make up. I do think she looks sweet and fresh faced in those. I think there's an innocence there.

I also agree that the posed pictures do not come off as well. She looks cold and phony in some of those.

Regarding innocence, when Lindsey sings about being a "madman out on a bad man's route," when he meets the woman who shows him how, I always think he is saying he was out looking for a prostitute. So, I don't think Kristen really would want to be the protagonist in that verse!

Michele

Nico 03-14-2009 01:24 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Found some pics of Kristen through the years...

Looking at them again, she kind of looks the same- just tweaked the brows a bit...

LukeA 03-14-2009 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nico (Post 805940)
Found some pics of Kristen through the years...

Looking at them again, she kind of looks the same- just tweaked the brows a bit...

That first picture is Kristen? (the one purportedly of her as an actress)

Kelly 03-14-2009 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeA (Post 805946)
That first picture is Kristen? (the one purportedly of her as an actress)

Yea, it is her. If you watch that movie and then LB's Behind the Music..it is clearly the same girl.

As far as the Philly show goes, she was just not very nice to the fans who were on the floor in the front row. She came down with the kiddies, stepped all over people's jackets and whatnot (when she stood Leelee on a chair) and then got a major attitude towards the people who actually purchased the seats. :shrug: No one had a problem with the kids standing on their chairs but the K treated everyone around her like they had the plague. I totally understand protecting the kiddos, but you do not have to stand on people's coats and posters and then act like they did something wrong either. She had a major puss attitude. It was my first real "experience" with her, other than just seeing her at a Dance show taking photos. I had no idea who she was back in 1997, it wasn't until years later that I realized who K was and remembered her from the Dance tour.

David 03-14-2009 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelly (Post 805964)
She had a major puss attitude.

That's always been my impression of her. I feel I can read that attitude in her pinched, surgically constructed face, structure, & demeanor. She has never struck me as physically attractive in any way. She's nothing but O.C. Housewives to me. She reminds me of several of the bony blonde power women Larry Lawrence married over the years, like Jeannie & Shelia.

Cheryl Caspari ... now there's real pre-Raphaelite allure & sexy tresses.

Nico 03-14-2009 01:12 PM

Kelly, that is really horrible. I don't think there is any excuse for that kind of behavior. That's like diva-esque right there...and she haven't even the status to be in the diva category...Stevie? Sure. Lindsey? Of course. But come on!

Hopefully she was just PMSing.

Oh, and David: I'm going to totally be respectful of your admiration of Cheri Caspari's looks because, hey, my friend thinks Woody Allen is sexy and I still socialize with her, but I'll disagree on the "bony" thing in regards to Kristen. I have never seen one picture where I would categorize her as "bony." Lately, she's looking pretty healthy actually, but in younger years I'd just call her slim. I'm sure having to compete with Lindsey's body mass isn't easy, but she's never been exceedingly thin, imo, and her face has always looked healthy and not sunken in. Stereotypically pretty, maybe, but always healthy. :)

Kelly 03-14-2009 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nico (Post 806048)
Kelly, that is really horrible. I don't think there is any excuse for that kind of behavior. That's like diva-esque right there...and she haven't even the status to be in the diva category...Stevie? Sure. Lindsey? Of course. But come on!

Hopefully she was just PMSing.

Oh, and David: I'm going to totally be respectful of your admiration of Cheri Caspari's looks because, hey, my friend thinks Woody Allen is sexy and I still socialize with her, but I'll disagree on the "bony" thing in regards to Kristen. I have never seen one picture where I would categorize her as "bony." Lately, she's looking pretty healthy actually, but in younger years I'd just call her slim. I'm sure having to compete with Lindsey's body mass isn't easy, but she's never been exceedingly thin, imo, and her face has always looked healthy and not sunken in. Stereotypically pretty, maybe, but always healthy. :)

Personally, I think Carol Ann was much prettier than Cheri. She has not aged well but on the Rumours Japan footage, she is quite lovely. Clingy, but lovely. ;)

LukeA 03-14-2009 03:16 PM

Quote:

Yea, it is her. If you watch that movie and then LB's Behind the Music..it is clearly the same girl.

What movie is this?

Quote:

As far as the Philly show goes, she was just not very nice to the fans who were on the floor in the front row. She came down with the kiddies, stepped all over people's jackets and whatnot (when she stood Leelee on a chair) and then got a major attitude towards the people who actually purchased the seats. :shrug: No one had a problem with the kids standing on their chairs but the K treated everyone around her like they had the plague. I totally understand protecting the kiddos, but you do not have to stand on people's coats and posters and then act like they did something wrong either. She had a major puss attitude. It was my first real "experience" with her, other than just seeing her at a Dance show taking photos.

Didn't you get the memo? She's Lindsey's wife (aka "hot ****").

Nico 03-14-2009 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeA (Post 806081)
What movie is this?

That really bad "Shaking the Tree" film with Courtney Cox-Arquette in it. Kristen is on the cover, but the name she is listed as in the film is "Brittney Hansen" and she was apparently married to the male lead of the film, Gale Hansen.:shrug:

Quote:

Didn't you get the memo? She's Lindsey's wife (aka "hot ****").
Whatever. That's not a good enough reason to trample over people's belongings. Unless someone was trying to grab one of the kids I don't see the need for her to act like a queen at her husband's concert. She's a lovely-looking woman, but she's kind of moody.

trackaghost 03-14-2009 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nico (Post 806084)
That really bad "Shaking the Tree" film with Courtney Cox-Arquette in it. Kristen is on the cover, but the name she is listed as in the film is "Brittney Hansen" and she was apparently married to the male lead of the film, Gale Hansen.:shrug:

According to the imdb though Gale Hansen has been married to the same woman since 1986. But it could be wrong.
Have you seen the film? What's her acting like?
Thanks for the photos btw!

LukeA 03-14-2009 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trackaghost (Post 806093)
According to the imdb though Gale Hansen has been married to the same woman since 1986. But it could be wrong.

Yes, you're correct. Gale Hansen is married to Eva Quiroz- a quick internet search independently/accurately confirms this. I'd venture to guess that Brittney Hansen (based on her lack of acting history) is probably a relative of Gale.

Unless I'm missing something (such as some sort of verification), I think its a pretty big leap to suggest that this Brittney Hansen is in fact Kristen Messner. They may look similar but, as has been discussed in this thread, Kristen has a very generic look about her.

trackaghost 03-14-2009 04:24 PM

I had never heard Kristen was an actress before she became a photographer. Is this film the basis of that idea or has it been mentioned elsewhere?

LukeA 03-14-2009 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trackaghost (Post 806100)
I had never heard Kristen was an actress before she became a photographer. Is this film the basis of that idea or has it been mentioned elsewhere?

It hasn't been mentioned anywhere (that I've seen), but considering how Kristen became a "photographer", it wouldn't surprise me if sometime prior to that she was an "actress" too.

trackaghost 03-14-2009 04:43 PM

But didn't she meet Lindsey while taking his photo for a magazine?

LukeA 03-14-2009 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trackaghost (Post 806106)
But didn't she meet Lindsey while taking his photo for a magazine?

Supposedly. Other than the obvious question of "why haven't these photos ever surfaced", there is reason to think that this story isn't true. While the photoshoot reference is the standard line, every once in a while they (usually Lindsey) slip and say it was actually at a recording session. Based on who Kristen was dating at the time, I think this version is much closer to reality.

CADreaming 03-14-2009 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeA (Post 806112)
Supposedly. Other than the obvious question of "why haven't these photos ever surfaced", there is reason to think that this story isn't true. While the photoshoot reference is the standard line, every once in a while they (usually Lindsey) slip and say it was actually at a recording session. Based on who Kristen was dating at the time, I think this version is much closer to reality.

Never heard the recording session story, but that makes sense...Gary Briggs...

"Kristen Messner" and "Brittney Hansen" are both credited for the same role in different sources for the movie "Shaking the Tree".... apparently she was married to Gale Hansen and his bio was changed later...

Who knows.

All we know is she's an actress, photographer, LA socialite, songwriter, interior sketcher/designer. She's got it going on.

LukeA 03-14-2009 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CADreaming (Post 806128)
Never heard the recording session story, but that makes sense...Gary Briggs...

Bingo.

It's fascinating, because it basically set off everything that happened with Lindsey's solo career from '98-'01ish. It created all sorts of discord, and directly contributed to the protracted delay for the album then known as "Gift Of Screws".

After Howie Klein- a huge ally of Lindsey's- left Reprise, David Kahne and Briggs stonewalled Lindsey, making unreasonable requirements/concessions to get the album out (ex. Sarah McLachlan on "Twist of Fate"). The label lost a ton of money promoting the abortion known as "Out Of The Cradle", and they weren't going to do a similar promotional roll out unless Lindsey played ball.

Of course, Lindsey opted to ride it out, and write songs about the experience (ex. "What's The World Coming To"). Kahne responded by dropping him and Fleetwood Mac from the label. They only chose WBR to release "Say You Will" because Kahne was long gone by this point, replaced with the much more artist-friendly Tom Whalley.

Quote:

"Kristen Messner" and "Brittney Hansen" are both credited for the same role in different sources for the movie "Shaking the Tree".... apparently she was married to Gale Hansen and his bio was changed later...

Who knows.

Exactly. For all we know, the credit for Kristen was probably added by a Lindsey fan who jumped to the same conclusions.

Quote:

All we know is she's an actress, photographer, LA socialite, songwriter, interior sketcher/designer. She's got it going on.

Damn straight! :rolleyes:

CADreaming 03-14-2009 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeA (Post 806134)
Bingo.

It's fascinating, because it basically set off everything that happened with Lindsey's solo career from '98-'01ish. It created all sorts of discord, and directly contributed to the protracted delay for the album then known as "Gift Of Screws".

After Howie Klein- a huge ally of Lindsey's- left Reprise, David Kahne and Briggs stonewalled Lindsey, making unreasonable requirements/concessions to get the album out (ex. Sarah McLachlan on "Twist of Fate"). The label lost a ton of money promoting the abortion known as "Out Of The Cradle", and they weren't going to do a similar promotional roll out unless Lindsey played ball.

Of course, Lindsey opted to ride it out, and write songs about the experience (ex. "What's The World Coming To"). Kahne responded by dropping him and Fleetwood Mac from the label. They only chose WBR to release "Say You Will" because Kahne was long gone by this point, replaced with the much more artist-friendly Tom Whalley.

Exactly. For all we know, the credit for Kristen was probably added by a Lindsey fan who jumped to the same conclusions.

Damn straight! :rolleyes:

Ah...I didn't know about all the label dealings...thanks for the info.

As for Briggs, I've heard Kristen was married to him too, so ... again, who knows?

I do think that was her in the movie, but I'm just going by the pics I've seen...wouldn't surprise me either way....I do think she took a few pics for WB but under the name "Kristen Briggs" ... :shrug:

Kelly 03-14-2009 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CADreaming (Post 806136)
Ah...I didn't know about all the label dealings...thanks for the info.

As for Briggs, I've heard Kristen was married to him too, so ... again, who knows?

I do think that was her in the movie, but I'm just going by the pics I've seen...wouldn't surprise me either way....I do think she took a few pics for WB but under the name "Kristen Briggs" ... :shrug:

It is definately her in the movie. I don't care what the hell her name is on the credits.....she is the same girl as in LB's Behind the Music. Her voice is distinct and her face is not that generic that I cannot tell her from someone else. I used to have some side by sides of the screen caps from the movie with LB's BTM but my computer crashed a few years back and I lost them all. I know a few people who post on the board still have them so......;)
It also wasnt a fan who credited "Kristen Messner" in the film, I think it was an article or press release about the film. I don't give a **** what she does for a living, LOL, or er, what she does, I just think it is bizarre that she has her fingers in so much pie. :p

CADreaming 03-14-2009 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelly (Post 806148)
It is definately her in the movie. I don't care what the hell her name is on the credits.....she is the same girl as in LB's Behind the Music. Her voice is distinct and her face is not that generic that I cannot tell her from someone else. I used to have some side by sides of the screen caps from the movie with LB's BTM but my computer crashed a few years back and I lost them all. I know a few people who post on the board still have them so......;)
It also wasnt a fan who credited "Kristen Messner" in the film, I think it was an article or press release about the film. I don't give a **** what she does for a living, LOL, or er, what she does, I just think it is bizarre that she has her fingers in so much pie. :p

Again, agreed. I bet her bank account ain't hurting a bit...whatever name is on it!

Kelly 03-14-2009 11:28 PM

Here is a link where they list her as "Kristen Messner".
http://movies.nytimes.com/person/48678/Kristin-Messner

Nico 03-14-2009 11:29 PM

I don't really know anything about her prior relationships/triangles and I couldn't explain the chronology of her many careers, or understand any of it for that matter. However...

I saw that "Shaking the Tree" film and it is definitely without a question of a doubt LB's Kristen in the film. She has the same voice, same lips, nose, overall expression...it's her. Plain and simple. I don't even need side-by-sides. It's the same chick from his BTM, from the snippet of The Dance, from all the mags, fan pics, album documentaries, every pic I've ever seen. Her face is just fuller, brows bushier, glow of youth still present...but that's her face. :nod:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelly (Post 806160)
Here is a link where they list her as "Kristen Messner".
http://movies.nytimes.com/person/48678/Kristin-Messner

What a stellar repertoire. I don't blame her for becoming a photographer. She must have been starving.