The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   *(Festive poll) Alternative album title for "Say You Will" (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58466)

DownOnRodeo 12-20-2018 03:52 AM

*(Festive poll) Alternative album title for "Say You Will"

This sort of came up in a different thread and I thought it would make a fun poll for the merry season.

If "Say You Will" had not been chosen as the name of the 2003 album, and the title had been taken from another track from the album, which would you have preferred?

Since the poll only allows 10 options, I've chosen 9 of the most likely options and included an "Other" option so you can post your answer in the thread.

DownOnRodeo 12-20-2018 04:00 AM

Although I should add that I personally like "Say You Will," I went with "Peacekeeper" here for a few reasons: it's a pithy single word like "Rumours" and "Mirage", it had very topical political connotations at the time of its release, and because it plays well into the SnL drama narrative.

luminol 12-20-2018 09:30 AM

I agree with Peacekeeper for all the reasons posted above. It may have given off a hippie-dippy vibe (to quote Tim Gunn haha) but it feels fitting.

Say You Will as the album title is fine but forgettable. I don’t love the title track, either, for the same reasons... just doesn’t have much to remember and sounds rather generic. Peacekeeper has a little more oomph for my taste.

sodascouts 12-20-2018 10:28 AM

I like "Destiny Rules" because it's like Destiny has brought them back together.

"Say You Will" was a lame name, but I guess they wanted to name it after the first single (it was also a lame first single).

The best songs to release as singles would have been Everybody Finds Out, Thrown Down, or Steal Your Heart Away, so take your pick of those if you want to go with the best single.

I guess, out of those, I'd go with "Everybody Finds Out" because it's exciting and dramatic, just like Fleetwood Mac.

~*BellaDonna*~ 12-20-2018 10:40 AM

Say You Will was a boring title, I personally like Thrown Down.

jbrownsjr 12-20-2018 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~*BellaDonna*~ (Post 1246729)

Agree... or Everybody Finds Out! was a good title... That little Dance romance in the hotel room.. : - 0

cbBen 12-20-2018 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sodascouts (Post 1246728)
I like "Destiny Rules" because it's like Destiny has brought them back together.

"Say You Will" was a lame name, but I guess they wanted to name it after the first single (it was also a lame first single).

The best songs to release as singles would have been Everybody Finds Out, Thrown Down, or Steal Your Heart Away, so take your pick of those if you want to go with the best single.

I guess, out of those, I'd go with "Everybody Finds Out" because it's exciting and dramatic, just like Fleetwood Mac.

Agree with all of the above (and had the same reason for choosing "Destiny Rules in the poll), though I also think "Running Through The Garden" and "Miranda" might have worked as singles. "Murrow" too, but there's no way they would have picked a song without Stevie on it.

I think the subject matter of "Peacekeeper" is too much a downer to make it a good choice for single. "Say You Will" is weak in the lyric department, particularly "at least give me time to change your mind."

FuzzyPlum 12-20-2018 12:41 PM

Come would have made people sit up and take notice... and any publicity is good publicity.
Also, they kind of set something of a precedent with Tusk. Come would be a bit like a sequel of sorts, especially as it was virtually a double album too.

David 12-20-2018 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~*BellaDonna*~ (Post 1246729)

I like that one, too.

Or Say Goodbye, Baby.

Mr Scarrott 12-20-2018 01:14 PM

It should just have been called Lindsey Buckingham Stevie Nicks

…… just kidding (I think).

mitzo 12-20-2018 05:49 PM

My sig line says it all. The lyrical beauty of it all...

HomerMcvie 12-20-2018 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitzo (Post 1246760)
My sig line says it all. The lyrical beauty of it all...

That's almost as tacky as the black piece of sh*t stuck on $tevie's tongue, in the original pic, from which I made my profile pic. :lol:

mylittledemon 12-20-2018 07:30 PM

Destiny Rules just has a certain ring to it

mitzo 12-21-2018 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1246765)
That's almost as tacky as the black piece of sh*t stuck on $tevie's tongue, in the original pic, from which I made my profile pic. :lol:

True, Lindsey's lyrics are very similar to that black piece to which you refer!

HomerMcvie 12-22-2018 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitzo (Post 1246826)
True, Lindsey's lyrics are very similar to that black piece to which you refer!

I just want to say THANK YOU, for always being you.:mad::mad::mad:

:xoxo::xoxo::xoxo:

:lol::lol::lol: