The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Stevie in the newest Rolling Stone magazine. (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=56919)

Danielle 03-10-2017 09:06 AM

Stevie in the newest Rolling Stone magazine.

http://i.imgur.com/lBETUMm.jpg

twinmatrix 03-10-2017 09:18 AM

All her interviews always touch me. I don't know what it is. I feel so connected to her person.

"Don't listen to other people. In your heart of hearts, you know what's best for you."

can someone turn that into one of those quote pictures?

Feather Blade 03-10-2017 10:20 AM

After she said she doesn't see a Mac album happening again I wish they had hit her with a follow up question to ask if she feels the same way about recording solo. It would have been interesting to hear the answer in light of all the "music business just isn't the same, so no point in making any new records" stuff.

BLY 03-10-2017 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feather Blade (Post 1202773)
After she said she doesn't see a Mac album happening again I wish they had hit her with a follow up question to ask if she feels the same way about recording solo. It would have been interesting to hear the answer in light of all the "music business just isn't the same, so no point in making any new records" stuff.

I was thinking the same thing.

wheart 03-10-2017 10:28 AM

I don't always agree with some of her choices, but Stevie never fails to inspire me, particularly on her perspective and attitude on getting older. It's exactly what I needed to hear today. She remains an inspiration to me, even after all these years. "Hit the stage...dancin'..."

SisterNightroad 03-10-2017 10:58 AM

Fantastic, she's been really active this last period.

olive 03-10-2017 11:42 AM

Joan of Arc” demo, a song Nicks wrote inspired by primatologist Jane Goodall, but she pulled it off the disc last year. “I still want to record it,” she explained. “The song has its really good moments but it’s not good enough to go out as that version.”

why ? and for a solo record if a MAC record won't sell why waste time on a solo record ?

i'll just assume it's "things Stevie said " no new record , i'm filming my show , i am doing alternative setlist , secret shows , etcetera, etcetera, etcetera

blinker12 03-10-2017 12:00 PM

I'm having trouble understanding her answer to the "you chose not to participate" question. Is she saying they should've given Stevie her two years off after giving Christine 16 years off? (Though I guess it's a moot point because in the next answer she says she wouldn't record an album anyway?)

Stevie whisperers please :)

olive 03-10-2017 12:25 PM

she needs to be let go .

she will not record anything new with them , but she is perfectly ok with taking 100's of dollars from fans to sing the same old songs , and trowing in one she retied 20 years ago is her gift to us that's Bull $H!!T

Frankenstein 03-10-2017 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olive (Post 1202783)
she needs to be let go .

she will not record anything new with them , but she is perfectly ok with taking 100's of dollars from fans to sing the same old songs , and trowing in one she retied 20 years ago is her gift to us that's Bull $H!!T

"Do a ton of shows and make lots of money" :rolleyes:

olive 03-10-2017 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankenstein (Post 1202784)
"Do a ton of shows and make lots of money" :rolleyes:

THANKS
i get attacked for bringing up ,even about someones death she finds away to bring up money

James89 03-10-2017 01:06 PM

Why is she talking about 'making money'? She's worth a fortune and she's making a ton of cash on her current tour. I don't understand her thinking there.

wheart 03-10-2017 01:36 PM

Quote:

she needs to be let go .

yup, it's a total double standard. When discussing IYD she said she didn't care if it didn't sell, she was making it for herself. And now suddenly the issue of sales is relevant again? She's not recording with FM because she doesn't want to make a record with Lindsey. I think it's that simple.

STEVEHEDRICK 03-10-2017 02:08 PM

Quote:

she needs to be let go .

they all take fans money not just her, she's not interested in recording with them, accept it its her choice.

DashingDan 03-10-2017 02:17 PM

I always choose to think that when she now talks about making touring money with Fleetwood Mac, she is speaking as someone who wants to make sure that Mick and John are getting fresh cash in their piggy banks every few years. I think it's now only out of a sense of loyalty and care for John and Mick that she would even consider another 135 shows at 70 years of age. Fire away.