The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Seriously Lindsey this is unacceptable (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58413)

ryan4136 12-10-2018 05:23 PM

Seriously Lindsey this is unacceptable

You’ve never seen Back To The Future?!?!?

You’ve lived the last 33 years with the chance to watch this movie and chose not too?!?

DownOnRodeo 12-10-2018 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan4136 (Post 1245491)
You’ve never seen Back To The Future?!?!?

You’ve lived the last 33 years with the chance to watch this movie and chose not too?!?

THANK YOU for making this thread.
I guess one of us was going to!

A few isolated people are up in arms about his comments in that interview re Stevie--but my sole moment of frustration was reading his Back To The Future comment! And the Zemeckis diss! (I think Zemeckis is an awesome director, just like Spielberg can be. Fincher, on the other hand, got a bit tiring in Gone Girl IMO.)

Maybe his main problem with it is that his song got completely overshadowed by Power Of Love?

The thing is, Power Of Love fits perfectly with the movie in a dozen different ways. Ideally, Time Bomb Town should have been used for Part III. But in order to arrange that, Zemeckis would have had to travel back from the future to warn Lindsey that there would be sequels. :laugh:

luminol 12-12-2018 11:29 PM

Hahahaha! I love this thread and am equally as shocked and appalled:nod:, had to read that part aloud to my husband in disbelief :laugh:

This is only the movie I deem "the best movie ever made" :D

Maybe he finally watched it after this interview... one can hope. haha

cbBen 12-12-2018 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo (Post 1245560)
Maybe his main problem with it is that his song got completely overshadowed by Power Of Love?

Maybe he's too busy working on his music to watch movies.

DownOnRodeo 12-13-2018 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbBen (Post 1245860)
Maybe he's too busy working on his music to watch movies.

He's a polymath (he often draws analogies between his music art and other forms of art (painting, film), and in particular is into film in a big way, so I think it's more that he's dissing Hollywood movies per se.

The thing that surprises me is how he managed to avoid seeing BTTF despite having three kids (including a boy). But I guess it goes to show that in this day and age, families aren't huddled around one TV set in the living room each night watching whatever is on one of five channels.

sodascouts 12-13-2018 02:03 AM

What?! BTTF is one of my favorite movies, ever. It's fantastic and I've always been so pleased that Lindsey's song is in there. Lindsey needs to see it ASAP!!!

BlanketMan 12-13-2018 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo (Post 1245862)
The thing that surprises me is how he managed to avoid seeing BTTF despite having three kids (including a boy). But I guess it goes to show that in this day and age, families aren't huddled around one TV set in the living room each night watching whatever is on one of five channels.

My kids are roughly the same age as LB's and we watched the BTTF trilogy together as soon as they were old enough to understand the concept of time-travel (say, kindergarten..?! :woohoo:). The first film is pretty much a perfect movie. LB is really missing out!!!

ryan4136 12-13-2018 01:51 PM

Plus it’s packed with 80s and 50s music. It’s so Lindsey style.

luminol 12-13-2018 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlanketMan (Post 1245939)
My kids are roughly the same age as LB's and we watched the BTTF trilogy together as soon as they were old enough to understand the concept of time-travel (say, kindergarten..?! :woohoo:). The first film is pretty much a perfect movie. LB is really missing out!!!

So true! I hope he takes the time to watch it now :). I've always loved that his song is included. So funny to me that he never saw it...!

lilyfee 12-16-2018 05:15 PM

Back to the Future is a great movie, and I too am appalled at Lindsey for his comments in that article!! Not only does this film stand the test of time, but he has no excuse not to have seen it when it came out!

SteveMacD 12-16-2018 05:28 PM

Honestly, that’s a fireable offense in and of itself.

Hawkeye 12-16-2018 07:02 PM

Agreed on this being one of my favorite movies of all time. This should be a thing at all the shows on the next leg. People should have him sign BTTF movies and Advise that he go watch them! And if your feeling bold challenge him to write a song about the movie as homework :laugh:

aleuzzi 12-17-2018 01:23 PM

Love this thread, too. And while I enjoyed BTTF, I am actually quite pleased Lindsey's never seen it. It jibes with his image that he wouldn't be compelled to see a mass market film like that.

I also wouldn't be shocked if he wasn't completely lying and has memorized the dialogue from every scene but is too ashamed to admit it.

luminol 12-17-2018 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1246456)
Love this thread, too. And while I enjoyed BTTF, I am actually quite pleased Lindsey's never seen it. It jibes with his image that he wouldn't be compelled to see a mass market film like that.

It is on brand. Good point.

(But I'm still shocked... it's such a great movie any way you slice it, and he's on it, to boot! :laugh:)

elle 12-17-2018 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1246456)

I also wouldn't be shocked if he wasn't completely lying and has memorized the dialogue from every scene but is too ashamed to admit it.

:laugh: that was my first thought when i read his response in that interview. like - come on, it's impossible not to have seen that movie but you just want to be too cool for school! but maybe he doesn't count stuff like movie being on tv while he's in the same room as "seeing the movie" :p