The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Present Band (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   FM in Columbus (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58305)

bwboy 11-08-2018 12:43 AM

FM in Columbus

What can I say... the show was awesome! I loved it! I just wish they had kept Storms and I Got You in the set list.

Observations:

1) The crowd loved Gypsy, and people were singing right along with Stevie, so I guess it was smart to put it back in the set list. Not my favorite version, though.

2) The band members were all touchy feely, well with the exception of Mike and John, and even Mike kissed Christine at the end. He only fist bumped Mick, though LOL. Stevie and Christine, Neil and Christine, Mick and Christine, Stevie and Neil, all very affectionate.

3) I personally could go without ever hearing Gold Dust Woman or Rhiannon ever again; having said that, the crowd went wild for both, especially GDW. I mean full-on wild. There was a guy in the row ahead of me grinning from ear to ear during that song, and when the song was over, the guy next to me said to his girlfriend "how do they top that?"

4) I was surprised by the relatively subdued reaction to Second Hand News, and even more surprised by the almost opposite reaction to Monday Morning- people started dancing and moving from the second it started. I had no idea that song was so well-known to casual fans. Or maybe the band's excitement is what got the crowd on their feet, who knows.

5) Along the lines of #2, I loved seeing Mike interact with Christine, and later with the back up singers. He really seems like such a nice, down to earth kind of guy. I thought it was sweet how he jammed with the back up singers. He mostly stayed to himself, so seeing him jam with the others on those rare occasions made it more meaningful. I saw him speak to Christine and later Stevie during the performance and I was astounded- how in the world can they have a conversation when it's so loud?!?

6) I didn't watch any of the videos posted, with the exception of I Got You and Storms, so I was surprised how moving Free Falling was. I mean, it was beautiful. I don't care for the song that much, and I really hated Stevie's recorded version, but live, this song was incredible. Steve's vocals were spot on, and the crowd responded incredibly to it. Neil's vocals were subtle but impressive, as well. I really can't say enough about how good this song was.

7) Christine did fine- when she was good, she was good, but when she wasn't, well, she wasn't. She was almost screaming during Say You Love Me, but she found her footing for Everywhere and later Isn't It Midnight. My friend say she sounded rough, but then said he felt bad for criticizing her because of her age. We really do have to take their ages into account when we talk about their singing, I think. I'm thankful we get to see them live at all, so if they sound a little rough or haggard, who am I to judge? This was the most animated I've ever seen Christine, though. She was swaying to the music, making facial expressions while singing, and really jamming during most of the songs.

8) I thought it was genius to put the lyrics to All Over Again on the screen. That really helped make this unfamiliar song seem more, well, familiar LOL. Having Neil play keyboards while Christine joined Stevie in the middle was also genius, and gave the band a more spontaneous feeling. Even though they do this every tour date, it felt improvised, something FM shows are not known for.

9) Mike said Columbus made more noise than Cleveland, and he appreciated it. Yay Columbus! The crowd really did seem totally into this show, more than other FM show I'd been to. Honest, I'm not just saying that. I don't know why. The only thing I can think is maybe, with the two new members, most of the audience didn't know what to expect, so once they saw how good Neil and Mike were, they really embraced them.

10) Stevie's intro to Landslide seemed genuinely heartfelt and emotional. I think the loud applause really inspired each of the band members to bring 100%, because they all seemed a little emotional at times and truly appreciative of the audience.

11) For me, the main highlight, and there were many, but the main one was Neil singing Don't Dream It's Over. I have always deeply loved that song, hell I even loved the Sixpence None the Richer cover, and having the opportunity to hear it live was a beautiful moment for me, made even more beautiful by seeing Stevie come on stage midway and sing it with him. I had shivers. I wish the song ended in a more powerful manner, it just kind of comes to a conclusion rather suddenly live, but I wish they would do more of a fade out with it.

This is the first time I ever wanted to see FM again for the same tour. Every other time, I loved seeing them but was content to see them once. Now, after seeing them tonight, I want to see them again at their next stop! If they add more dates, I am so there. Although this concert was so incredible, I'd better not push my luck. Maybe seeing them a second time would be a bit of a disappointment.

Other tidbits, briefly- the set list remained the same; they started at 8:15pm; Mick's drum solo is too long IMO, but a lot of the crowd ate it up; I saw Neil singing along to Stevie and Christine during their songs even when he wasn't at the microphone, a testament to how much he loves their songs, I would guess; and the backgrounds on the screen are incredibly distracting. I wouldn't even say cheesey, I would say bad. Seeing a dolphin diving during the chorus of You Make Loving Fun is bizarre. The staircase and blowing curtain during Dreams was ok, but still a bit much. GDW had an interesting background, but the rest were pretty bad, like I said. The pictures during Free Falling were well done.

SteveMacD 11-08-2018 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1243437)
11) For me, the main highlight, and there were many, but the main one was Neil singing Don't Dream It's Over. I have always deeply loved that song, hell I even loved the Sixpence None the Richer cover, and having the opportunity to hear it live was a beautiful moment for me, made even more beautiful by seeing Stevie come on stage midway and sing it with him. I had shivers. I wish the song ended in a more powerful manner, it just kind of comes to a conclusion rather suddenly live, but I wish they would do more of a fade out with it.

I dug how people were doing the cell phone-as-flashlight thing.

I agree with your review. It was my third show, and it wasn’t as interesting without Hypnotized and I Got You, but still worthwhile. Gypsy is a better live song than Storms, IMO.

vivfox 11-08-2018 08:23 AM

All Over Again:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sqFIrGuEYE

kak125 11-08-2018 09:48 AM

Bwboy, I loved your review! They really do look like they are having a blast on this tour and I agree about wanting to see another show.
From what I saw on twitter it looks like another sold out show too. I wish this one would have been on a weekend I would have gone for sure its a nice easy drive from Pittsburgh.
I saw pics on fb with Stevie taking a flower crown from somebody in the front row and wearing it. Did she say anything about it? The pics are super cute.
They are posted here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1029...827/?tn-str=*F

Feather Blade 11-08-2018 10:14 AM

Quote:

What can I say... the show was awesome! I loved it! I just wish they had kept Storms and I Got You in the set list.

Observations:

1) The crowd loved Gypsy, and people were singing right along with Stevie, so I guess it was smart to put it back in the set list. Not my favorite version, though.

2) The band members were all touchy feely, well with the exception of Mike and John, and even Mike kissed Christine at the end. He only fist bumped Mick, though LOL. Stevie and Christine, Neil and Christine, Mick and Christine, Stevie and Neil, all very affectionate.

3) I personally could go without ever hearing Gold Dust Woman or Rhiannon ever again; having said that, the crowd went wild for both, especially GDW. I mean full-on wild. There was a guy in the row ahead of me grinning from ear to ear during that song, and when the song was over, the guy next to me said to his girlfriend "how do they top that?"

4) I was surprised by the relatively subdued reaction to Second Hand News, and even more surprised by the almost opposite reaction to Monday Morning- people started dancing and moving from the second it started. I had no idea that song was so well-known to casual fans. Or maybe the band's excitement is what got the crowd on their feet, who knows.

5) Along the lines of #2, I loved seeing Mike interact with Christine, and later with the back up singers. He really seems like such a nice, down to earth kind of guy. I thought it was sweet how he jammed with the back up singers. He mostly stayed to himself, so seeing him jam with the others on those rare occasions made it more meaningful. I saw him speak to Christine and later Stevie during the performance and I was astounded- how in the world can they have a conversation when it's so loud?!?

6) I didn't watch any of the videos posted, with the exception of I Got You and Storms, so I was surprised how moving Free Falling was. I mean, it was beautiful. I don't care for the song that much, and I really hated Stevie's recorded version, but live, this song was incredible. Steve's vocals were spot on, and the crowd responded incredibly to it. Neil's vocals were subtle but impressive, as well. I really can't say enough about how good this song was.

7) Christine did fine- when she was good, she was good, but when she wasn't, well, she wasn't. She was almost screaming during Say You Love Me, but she found her footing for Everywhere and later Isn't It Midnight. My friend say she sounded rough, but then said he felt bad for criticizing her because of her age. We really do have to take their ages into account when we talk about their singing, I think. I'm thankful we get to see them live at all, so if they sound a little rough or haggard, who am I to judge? This was the most animated I've ever seen Christine, though. She was swaying to the music, making facial expressions while singing, and really jamming during most of the songs.

8) I thought it was genius to put the lyrics to All Over Again on the screen. That really helped make this unfamiliar song seem more, well, familiar LOL. Having Neil play keyboards while Christine joined Stevie in the middle was also genius, and gave the band a more spontaneous feeling. Even though they do this every tour date, it felt improvised, something FM shows are not known for.

9) Mike said Columbus made more noise than Cleveland, and he appreciated it. Yay Columbus! The crowd really did seem totally into this show, more than other FM show I'd been to. Honest, I'm not just saying that. I don't know why. The only thing I can think is maybe, with the two new members, most of the audience didn't know what to expect, so once they saw how good Neil and Mike were, they really embraced them.

10) Stevie's intro to Landslide seemed genuinely heartfelt and emotional. I think the loud applause really inspired each of the band members to bring 100%, because they all seemed a little emotional at times and truly appreciative of the audience.

This is the first time I ever wanted to see FM again for the same tour. Every other time, I loved seeing them but was content to see them once. Now, after seeing them tonight, I want to see them again at their next stop! If they add more dates, I am so there. Although this concert was so incredible, I'd better not push my luck. Maybe seeing them a second time would be a bit of a disappointment.

Other tidbits, briefly- the set list remained the same; they started at 8:15pm; Mick's drum solo is too long IMO, but a lot of the crowd ate it up; I saw Neil singing along to Stevie and Christine during their songs even when he wasn't at the microphone, a testament to how much he loves their songs, I would guess; and the backgrounds on the screen are incredibly distracting. I wouldn't even say cheesey, I would say bad. Seeing a dolphin diving during the chorus of You Make Loving Fun is bizarre. The staircase and blowing curtain during Dreams was ok, but still a bit much. GDW had an interesting background, but the rest were pretty bad, like I said. The pictures during Free Falling were well done.

That's awesome! Glad you had such a nice time.

kak125 11-08-2018 11:07 AM

Lots of videos on youtube

Black Magic Woman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5IvZdS3mJI

Rhiannon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxEFGvhJZj8

The Chain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmHIJx8iTwo

Landslide
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ng1Skdv0OA
The banter before this song was funny. Stevie - 'I'm a little extreme" then Neil "I've heard that" -ha ha!

Go Your Own Way
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE3druciimY

Free Fallin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnEQtppUv7E
Love the Mike & Stevie hug at the end.

Don't Stop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YMcxLR05mY

Don't Dream It's Over
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeNVi2JkMrs

Dreams
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ7prDEK_vY

aleuzzi 11-08-2018 01:16 PM

Quote:

Observations:

Thanks for the review. Good to read that they're at least enjoying the experience. Someone else said Christine didn't sound great during SYLM. I would have thought those vocals were fairly easy compared to YMLF, but hey...

A dolphin during YMLF is, well, hilarious!

bwboy 11-08-2018 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kak125 (Post 1243449)
Bwboy, I loved your review! They really do look like they are having a blast on this tour and I agree about wanting to see another show. R
From what I saw on twitter it looks like another sold out show too. I wish this one would have been on a weekend I would have gone for sure its a nice easy drive from Pittsburgh.
I saw pics on fb with Stevie taking a flower crown from somebody in the front row and wearing it. Did she say anything about it? The pics are super cute.
They are posted here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1029...827/?tn-str=*F

I was going to joke that I was the one who have Stevie the crown, but I didn't LOL. Someone from the audience gave it to her, she put it on her head and then took the other one that was given to her and put it on Mick's head. He made a big show of kneeling so she could put it on him. Mick was a good sport about it.

I'm glad you also noticed the sheer joy they've displayed this tour. It is tangible, it really is.

bwboy 11-08-2018 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1243459)
Thanks for the review. Good to read that they're at least enjoying the experience. Someone else said Christine didn't sound great during SYLM. I would have thought those vocals were fairly easy compared to YMLF, but hey...

A dolphin during YMLF is, well, hilarious!

Hilarious, bordering on disturbing LOL! No, really it just bad. Imagine a dolphin jumping in the water in slow motion during the chorus of YMLF and tell me you don't laugh! FM, ditch the screen!

One thing about the screen I did like was when they showed all six members at one time during the Chain, split screen. That was cool. But when they showed the individual members interposed within 2 hands later, it looked like those horrible old school photos, you know the ones I'm talking about, like when they put the photo in a wine glass. Just awful!

bwboy 11-08-2018 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feather Blade (Post 1243451)
That's awesome! Glad you had such a nice time.

Thank, Feather Blade, I appreciate it :thumbsup:

Feather Blade 11-08-2018 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1243475)
Hilarious, bordering on disturbing LOL! No, really it just bad. Imagine a dolphin jumping in the water in slow motion during the chorus of YMLF and tell me you don't laugh! FM, ditch the screen!

One thing about the screen I did like was when they showed all six members at one time during the Chain, split screen. That was cool. But when they showed the individual members interposed within 2 hands later, it looked like those horrible old school photos, you know the ones I'm talking about, like when they put the photo in a wine glass. Just awful!

Oh my gosh! You just totally gave me a flashback to those awful photo superimposed treatments like the wine glass you described. I remember it seemed for a while there every department store with a photo studio seemed to be experimenting with them. You'd walk by a table with all these framed examples. Ha ha, I haven't thought about those in years. :)

Kubrick2788 11-08-2018 10:51 PM

Re GDW & Rhiannon

Have to agree on GDW...don't care to see it done again. But I think Rhiannon was done very well this time. Seemed to have a little more oomph. The Pittsburgh show was pretty great...Stevie is in fine voice all night.

SteveMacD 11-08-2018 11:01 PM

I liked that look John shot Stevie during GDW.

They definitely seem to be enjoying themselves. Stevie especially seems much more engaged compared to OWTS, where she seemed to be on autopilot.

secondhandchain 11-09-2018 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1243508)

They definitely seem to be enjoying themselves. Stevie especially seems much more engaged compared to OWTS, where she seemed to be on autopilot.

of course she is, its' HER band now. That's what she wanted. She wanted Lindsey fired so she could make it her band, get into the RRHOF as a solo artist and dance around her apartment. She sickens me for what she's done.

tsitopen 11-09-2018 10:38 AM

Quote:

I have to say I've been reading a lot of these reviews and watching videos etc and I'm pretty surprised at how well it works. On paper I thought at the least it would be interesting, but it actually seems like the band has been energized. I saw the Rumours 5 once, in Toronto in 2015. It was...ok. IMO they played too long, and really when LB was doing his thing people used that as the beer break. "I Know I'm Not Wrong" just was not a song most people wanted to hear. I'm a huge LB fan but I didn't really enjoy the show that much. They were fine, just on autopilot, as you say here.
All this to say...this is just Fleetwood Mac Fleetwood Mac-ing...and it ain't over until it's over, so who knows what the future holds. But all in all I'm pretty impressed by this lineup. It was funny when they were playing "Hypnotized" though, all i could see was people leaving on the videos. It sounded great though.

gldstwmn 11-10-2018 02:36 PM

Concert review: Fleetwood Mac brought Nationwide Arena back to the ‘80s
https://www.thelantern.com/2018/11/c...ck-to-the-80s/
Fleetwood Mac performed at Nationwide Arena Wednesday night with the same energy I imagine they had back in their glory days in the 1980s.

A lot of the show was reminiscent of the era when the band skyrocketed to fame: the cheesy and cliche visual graphics, ranging from horses galloping along the ocean coast to a black and white rose losing its petals; the band member’s attire; and the rush from one song to the next. However, all of it fit Fleetwood Mac’s folky and kitschy brand so well, nobody minded at all.

Opening with classic hit “The Chain,” Fleetwood Mac gripped the room and did not let go until the lights went off for good.

The crowd was screaming every word and dancing for over two hours while the band was on stage.

Although Stevie Nicks is arguably the most well known member of the band, all the members of Fleetwood Mac engaged with the audience equally.

That being said, most of the high points of the show did involve Nicks. While bassist John McVie was performing “Don’t Dream It’s Over” alone on stage, Nicks came back up to finish the song as a duet, and the crowd immediately became re-engaged.

Nicks herself admitted that the hauntingly beautiful duet of “Don’t Dream It’s Over” would be a tough song to follow, but as the renowned “white witch,” she managed to do it. After thanking the crowd for following the band for so many years, she launched into “Landslide.”

Only Nicks and guitarist Neil Finn were on stage to perform “Landslide.” The stage was dark and the crowd was hushed. The intimacy of a gigantic arena like Nationwide rivaled some of the smallest venues I’ve ever been in. It was bone chilling, and haunting and everything you would expect Fleetwood Mac to bring to the table.

More highlights of Nicks’ vocals came in the form of “Rhiannon,” “Everywhere” and “Gypsy.” But my favorite moment was when Nicks finally did her signature shawl twirl during “Gypsy.”

However, Nicks was not the sole singer on stage. Christine McVie had her fair share of mic time as the primary singer, and brought the same high-paced energy as Nicks, with hits like “You Make Loving Fun,” “Isn’t it Midnight” and “Little Lies.” Guitarist Mike Campbell was also solo on vocals during early Fleetwood Mac-era song “Oh Well.”

Drummer Mick Fleetwood even had a 10-minute solo while the rest of the band was offstage.

The show was ultimately a group performance, and the ease which with they played and shared the stage together made it obvious that this was a veteran group of performers. They were not onstage to be cool or to convince the crowd to like them; they were onstage because it’s what they love to do.

The band left the stage for the final time with a simple bow—it was more of a whimper than a bang. Compared to concerts by more modern musicians, it was a very quiet farewell. Again, it seemed very fitting for the band.

Even though they have not evolved with concert fads in the form of seamless graphics and flashy costumes, the members of Fleetwood Mac don’t really need modern visual spectacles to still put on an exciting and emotional show.

gldstwmn 11-10-2018 02:41 PM

Concert review | Fleetwood Mac: Legendary rock band stays with tried and true
Lindsey Buckingham may have gone his own way, but the guitarist’s absence didn’t stop Fleetwood Mac’s other members from carrying on as if he never existed in the first place.

He got the sack in April, before the band’s “An Evening With Fleetwood Mac” tour began in October — reportedly due to differing opinions on the set list — and two last-minute additions filled his spot during Wednesday’s packed show at Nationwide Arena.

Neil Finn, wiry lead singer of 1980s Australian rock band Crowded House, took the lead on classics such as “Go Your Own Way” and “Second Hand News” with the pure voice of a Westminster Abbey choir boy.

Guitarist Mike Campbell covered soloing duty, flexing his skill particularly on early Fleetwood Mac singles “Tell Me All the Things You Do” and “Oh Well,” written by early members Danny Kirwan and Peter Green.

Aside from those and another one-off single or two, the 11-person configuration stuck to songs sure to please the (mostly) above-50 crowd.

Stevie Nicks — whom drummer Mick Fleetwood introduced as “our eternal romantic” — didn’t attempt to reach the high notes on “Rhiannon,” the fifth single off the group’s self-titled 1975 album, but her lower register resonated clear and full.

Standout hit “Landslide,” which she sang to Finn’s acoustic strumming, saw her voice warmed up enough to elicit tears from the woman next to me.

If Nicks is a black-clad, whirling dervish of a moon, Mick Fleetwood and his yellow drum kit were the evening’s sunshine.

Sweating profusely in an outfit akin to a Revolutionary War uniform, the band’s sole original member took a minutes-long interlude during “World Turning” to charm the crowd with his British accent and oddball facial expressions.

“You should never leave a drummer alone. You know why?” he asked while pounding solo onstage. “Because he’s going to unleash the hounds!”

Substantially less sanguine keyboardist Christine McVie scratched somewhat when reaching for top notes on a perky “You Make Loving Fun” and too-mellow “Say You Love Me,” but she committed to staying true to each track as recorded.

McVie’s former husband (and longtime bass player) John McVie stayed quiet behind her, unleashing his loudest contribution on opening song “The Chain,” which could have been ripped straight off 1977′s “Rumours” record.

Rarely, in fact, did the group reimagine any of its hits.

A Nicks-led rendition of “Black Magic Woman” gave a feminist twist to the lyrics, and a blues-leaning bent to the music.

She also led first encore track “Free Fallin,’” a touching, if uninteresting, tribute to Tom Petty.

Otherwise, Fleetwood Mac’s members leaned into nostalgia, right down to the ceaseless bickering that left it one man down.
https://www.dispatch.com/entertainme...tried-and-true

bwboy 11-10-2018 03:48 PM

Thanks for posting these reviews, gldstwmn. I especially liked the one from the Lantern, the Ohio State University newspaper.

bwboy 11-10-2018 04:01 PM

One more highlight I forgot to mention- during Everywhere, when Christine was playing maracas and she engaged in a little face off with Stevie and her tambourine. Again, that sort of thing really added to the spontaneity. The FM concerts I've been to were enjoyable but seemed so canned; however, this experience was so much different. I'm still smiling thinking about it, it was so much fun.

bwboy 11-10-2018 04:03 PM

Quote:

I missed it- describe, please.

Btw, I was on Floor 2, Row L. What I would have given to be in the front row. What section were you in?

SteveMacD 11-10-2018 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1243614)
I missed it- describe, please.

Btw, I was on Floor 2, Row L. What I would have given to be in the front row. What section were you in?

In the club level, Mike’s side of the stage. Great seats!

John kind of pointed to his eyes and gave her the “I’m watching you” look after his fill on GDW.

bombaysaffires 11-10-2018 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gldstwmn (Post 1243605)
Concert review: Fleetwood Mac brought Nationwide Arena back to the ‘80s
https://www.thelantern.com/2018/11/c...ck-to-the-80s/
Fleetwood Mac performed at Nationwide Arena Wednesday night with the same energy I imagine they had back in their glory days in the 1980s.

A lot of the show was reminiscent of the era when the band skyrocketed to fame: the cheesy and cliche visual graphics, ranging from horses galloping along the ocean coast to a black and white rose losing its petals; the band member’s attire; and the rush from one song to the next. However, all of it fit Fleetwood Mac’s folky and kitschy brand so well, nobody minded at all.

Opening with classic hit “The Chain,” Fleetwood Mac gripped the room and did not let go until the lights went off for good.

The crowd was screaming every word and dancing for over two hours while the band was on stage.

Although Stevie Nicks is arguably the most well known member of the band, all the members of Fleetwood Mac engaged with the audience equally.

That being said, most of the high points of the show did involve Nicks. While bassist John McVie was performing “Don’t Dream It’s Over” alone on stage, Nicks came back up to finish the song as a duet, and the crowd immediately became re-engaged.

Nicks herself admitted that the hauntingly beautiful duet of “Don’t Dream It’s Over” would be a tough song to follow, but as the renowned “white witch,” she managed to do it. After thanking the crowd for following the band for so many years, she launched into “Landslide.”

Only Nicks and guitarist Neil Finn were on stage to perform “Landslide.” The stage was dark and the crowd was hushed. The intimacy of a gigantic arena like Nationwide rivaled some of the smallest venues I’ve ever been in. It was bone chilling, and haunting and everything you would expect Fleetwood Mac to bring to the table.

More highlights of Nicks’ vocals came in the form of “Rhiannon,” “Everywhere” and “Gypsy.” But my favorite moment was when Nicks finally did her signature shawl twirl during “Gypsy.”

However, Nicks was not the sole singer on stage. Christine McVie had her fair share of mic time as the primary singer, and brought the same high-paced energy as Nicks, with hits like “You Make Loving Fun,” “Isn’t it Midnight” and “Little Lies.” Guitarist Mike Campbell was also solo on vocals during early Fleetwood Mac-era song “Oh Well.”

Drummer Mick Fleetwood even had a 10-minute solo while the rest of the band was offstage.

The show was ultimately a group performance, and the ease which with they played and shared the stage together made it obvious that this was a veteran group of performers. They were not onstage to be cool or to convince the crowd to like them; they were onstage because it’s what they love to do.

The band left the stage for the final time with a simple bow—it was more of a whimper than a bang. Compared to concerts by more modern musicians, it was a very quiet farewell. Again, it seemed very fitting for the band.

Even though they have not evolved with concert fads in the form of seamless graphics and flashy costumes, the members of Fleetwood Mac don’t really need modern visual spectacles to still put on an exciting and emotional show.

I would have paid to see this. Stevie and John have never done a duet before! :distress:

bwboy 11-10-2018 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1243623)
I would have paid to see this. Stevie and John have never done a duet before! :distress:

LOL John did a great job of singing Don't Dream It's Over but I was really surprised Neil didn't sing it! Just another surprise :laugh:

SteveMacD 11-10-2018 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1243628)
LOL John did a great job of singing Don't Dream It's Over but I was really surprised Neil didn't sing it! Just another surprise :laugh:

Well, Stevie’s a Gemini, so expect the unexpected.

ali101 11-10-2018 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kak125 (Post 1243453)
Lots of videos on youtube

Black Magic Woman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5IvZdS3mJI

Rhiannon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxEFGvhJZj8

The Chain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmHIJx8iTwo

Landslide
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ng1Skdv0OA
The banter before this song was funny. Stevie - 'I'm a little extreme" then Neil "I've heard that" -ha ha!

Go Your Own Way
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE3druciimY

Free Fallin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnEQtppUv7E
Love the Mike & Stevie hug at the end.

Don't Stop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YMcxLR05mY

Don't Dream It's Over
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeNVi2JkMrs

Dreams
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ7prDEK_vY

GDW