The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Christine McVie (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Chrsitine McVie on UK radio!!! (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=14122)

Gypsy-Rhiannon 05-05-2004 02:27 AM

Chrsitine McVie on UK radio!!!

Good old Richard Allison played Christine on radio 2 this morning. A track from her new album called 'You Are' . I know that quite a few Fireflies heard it! I was driving home from work and it was a nice surprise. Sounded very 'Fleetwood Mac'ish' . Apparently he already played the track on his show on Saturday and got bombarded with emails to play it again! Really looking forward to hearing the rest of the album now!

Pip :blob2:

HomerMcvie 05-05-2004 02:28 AM

I can't wait for this album!!! :blob2:

Gypsy-Rhiannon 05-05-2004 02:46 AM

OMG!!!! I emailed Richard about 5 mins ago to thank him for playing the record and my hubby just called me to say he mentioned my email!!! Wow!!!

I had mentioned seeing FM 6 times last year and he commented on me being a big fan and that I had emailed him to thank him for playing Christine. Then he said I would probably like the next track feauturing Stevie Nicks and he played Gold! Typical I missed all this but luckily my hubby was driving to work and heard it!

Pip

Johnny Stew 05-05-2004 03:05 AM

Thanks for sharing, Pip!
How exciting that brand new Christine McVie solo material is getting radio play. :D

I can't wait for this album!

Gypsy-Rhiannon 05-05-2004 03:08 AM

When the track started there seemed something familiar about it. I was stunned when I heard her voice.. I just didn't expect it! This DJ is great tho... he opened his show one day last week with Peacekeaper and once on his Saturday show he played 3 tracks from Tusk. Most of the other DJ's on this staion tend to stick to tracks from Rumours. And this is a national UK radio station so good that Christine is getting airplay already

Pip

macfan 57 05-05-2004 06:21 AM

Thanks for posting, Pip. :) This is great! I wish I lived in England now. :laugh:

Does this mean that "You Are" is the first single?

Gypsy-Rhiannon 05-05-2004 08:44 AM

The DJ said it hadn't been released yet as the first single so I'm not sure. Hopefully!

Pip

CarneVaca 05-05-2004 08:52 AM

He he. It would be kind of funny if Christine's album went platinum in a hurry.

If it did, it should put an end to a lot of arguments around here.

strandinthewind 05-05-2004 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarneVaca

I hope and pray it does. No one deserves scuusess more. CM is brilliant and talented and I wish her well. In fact, I would fly to England to see her in concert, if she has one.

GypsySorcerer 05-05-2004 10:04 AM

Yay Christine! :blob1:

I hope her songs get some radio airplay here. I'm dying to get my hands on this album!

Cammie 05-05-2004 10:14 AM

Christine on Radio!!!

:] Great Chris Radio News!!! You go Girl!!! :]
Christine Deserves Musical Success!!! :woohoo: Sky:)

jbrownsjr 05-05-2004 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarneVaca

I love Christine, but I honestly don't think that will happen. And God I hope I'm wrong. This market is filled with too much junk!

HomerMcvie 05-05-2004 10:35 AM

Quote:

Christine Deserves Musical Success!!! Sky
She's made 25 million dollars! If that ain't success, I don't wanna know what is! :lol:

joe68 05-05-2004 10:52 AM

I just heard it!

Okay, you too can listen to Christine's new single:

Go hear:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/al...playlist.shtml

Click on "Listen again to this show".

"You Are" is the first song that comes up.

Enjoy!

Les 05-05-2004 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joe68
Okay, you too can listen to Christine's new single:

Thanks for the link!