The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Alternate Reality: Replacing Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58627)

TrueFaith77 03-23-2019 11:49 AM

Alternate Reality: Replacing Stevie Nicks

What if Stevie’s ultimatum led to her being fired (well, that actually would have been quitting)? And what if the managers all said in order for the tour and a new album to be viable, the band would need a new female front singer?

Who would you have wanted to replace Stevie in that scenario?

HomerMcvie 03-23-2019 12:00 PM

Bekka Bramlett is the best singer FM ever had. And she's still smoking hot!

Macfan4life 03-23-2019 12:17 PM

Sorry, I would have to disagree with the premise of the question. The band would never "fire" Stevie. The band revolves around her now.
But I will play along. If Stevie quit (or got fired), it would be silly to try and replace her. Lindsey and Christine could easily carry the band along. Stevie does not play an instrument so its not like Chris or Lindsey leaving where the band needed their instrument. But I do suppose they could have had auditions for the best cow bell player who always misses the beat. You see, I hear HomerMcvie is an awesome cow bell player but his downfall is his timing. It seems to always be on the beat :eek:

elle 03-23-2019 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 (Post 1250987)
What if Stevie’s ultimatum led to her being fired (well, that actually would have been quitting)? And what if the managers all said in order for the tour and a new album to be viable, the band would need a new female front singer?

which is what should have happened. and what Lindsey at first thought was happening - that she quit because she hated his guts. that would make sense.

we used to discuss that here, there were some threads. Steve usually wanted Susanna Hoffs.

Lindsey once mentioned Jenny Lewis.

HomerMcvie 03-23-2019 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1250989)
Sorry, I would have to disagree with the premise of the question. The band would never "fire" Stevie. The band revolves around her now.
But I will play along. If Stevie quit (or got fired), it would be silly to try and replace her. Lindsey and Christine could easily carry the band along. Stevie does not play an instrument so its not like Chris or Lindsey leaving where the band needed their instrument. But I do suppose they could have had auditions for the best cow bell player who always misses the beat. You see, I hear HomerMcvie is an awesome cow bell player but his downfall is his timing. It seems to always be on the beat :eek:

No one beats it better than I. :lol:

David 03-23-2019 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 (Post 1250987)

Patti Smith could have added so much to Fleetwood Stale, don't you agree? Smith fronting (or, more accurately, subverting) Fleetwood would be my dream band. And apparently she's still onstage, kicking. I'm so ready for Fleetwood to deconstruct their text (instead of the merely cheap destruction of their legacy). Il n'y a pas de hors-texte, lads.

button-lip 03-23-2019 01:09 PM

Someone with musical talent. Can't be that hard.

Steviegirl 03-23-2019 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1250990)
which is what should have happened. and what Lindsey at first thought was happening - that she quit because she hated his guts. that would make sense.

we used to discuss that here, there were some threads. Steve usually wanted Susanna Hoffs.

Lindsey once mentioned Jenny Lewis.

I just googled Jenny Lewis. LOVE her voice and her songs! Really good choice.

BLY 03-23-2019 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1250989)

As I would vote Bekka if I HAD to pick someone.....and that’s because she was in the band and did some amazing vocals. But the Buckingham/McVie MAC album proved it. No need for a replacement.

sands of time 03-23-2019 02:56 PM

The Webb Sisters, obviously.

Macfan4life 03-23-2019 03:17 PM

I've reconsidered this idea. I have my candidates down to 3.

Grace Slick - but I want the out of control raging alcoholic Grace like when she accosted West Germans about their losses during WWII during a Jefferson Starship concert in 1977 or 1978.

The girl who worked as the crazy and out of control Stevie in the Ho Ho's parody of Red Rocks. She does not have to sing anything but can randomly appear on stage, try and slap/high five John McVie and periodically fall/jump off the stage. No one will know when she is going to appear next. Will keep the audience in total suspense. She can even do that backward spider crawling from the movie The Exorcist on stage during Not That Funny.

Last but not least the woman who played Stevie in the French and Saunders segment.

sue 03-23-2019 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1251006)
I've reconsidered this idea. I have my candidates down to 3.

Grace Slick - but I want the out of control raging alcoholic Grace like when she accosted West Germans about their losses during WWII during a Jefferson Starship concert in 1977 or 1978.

The girl who worked as the crazy and out of control Stevie in the Ho Ho's parody of Red Rocks. She does not have to sing anything but can randomly appear on stage, try and slap/high five John McVie and periodically fall/jump off the stage. No one will know when she is going to appear next. Will keep the audience in total suspense. She can even do that backward spider crawling from the movie The Exorcist on stage during Not That Funny.

Last but not least the woman who played Stevie in the French and Saunders segment.

Dawn French was a very funny Stevie with Jennifer Saunders doing a mean Christine.....as I remember.

jwd 03-23-2019 05:03 PM

No one needed to replace her. I would have loved to see FM carry on as foursome. BuckVie incarnate! The magic would have been awesome! The creative juices would have flowed! Instead we got a karaoke cover band performing the same old same old again. Fizzle.

Storms123 03-23-2019 05:16 PM

Hillary Scott actually sings Rhiannon better than Stevie does. She sings it the way Stevie used to.

bwboy 03-23-2019 05:31 PM

Ann Wilson or Pat Benatar. No point in replacing Stevie with someone no one's ever heard of.