The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   why are SN fans so bitter about FM? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=56684)

Macfan4life 12-10-2016 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1197831)
There's a difference between working on an album and touring, of course. The conflict seems to be when they're in the studio, not when they're performing. I think all 5 get along fine when they're touring. And it's just as phony of Lindsey to do the hugs and kisses on stage as it is Stevie.

No... they don't get along touring either. But with touring they don't have to see each other except on stage. Conflict has always created masterpieces in music and art.
Frank Lloyd Wright fought Mr. Kauffman daily and threatened to quit and Mr. Kauffman always questioned Frank Lloyd Wright about his architectural plans. In the end they created Falling Water....an architectural masterpiece.
Don't run or hide.... embrace it.

SisterNightroad 12-10-2016 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1197837)
It depends on your definition of 'write songs'. In Your Dreams mostly came from her poetry. It takes a lot to turn a poem into a song. For In Your Dreams she had to rely on Dave to create the music and turn the lyrics into songs.

Yes, she wrote 24 Karat Gold...30+ years ago.

I think she possibly could come up with the goods- its probably just daunting for her. Chris has already brought at least 6 songs to the table and Lindsey has a big bunch. It's like her starting a 100m race with her competitors already 20 metres ahead of her; 'I've sprained my ankle', 'I didn't sleep well last night', 'I have a stomach bug', 'It's a stupid race anyway- its not worth winning'...etc

The lyrics for I don't care were new, before recording the album she had only the instrumental of Mike Campbell. However they aren't the finest lyrics she did in her career.

bombaysaffires 12-10-2016 03:18 PM

Quote:

It depends on your definition of 'write songs'. In Your Dreams mostly came from her poetry. It takes a lot to turn a poem into a song. For In Your Dreams she had to rely on Dave to create the music and turn the lyrics into songs.

Yes, she wrote 24 Karat Gold...30+ years ago.

I think she possibly could come up with the goods- its probably just daunting for her. Chris has already brought at least 6 songs to the table and Lindsey has a big bunch. It's like her starting a 100m race with her competitors already 20 metres ahead of her; 'I've sprained my ankle', 'I didn't sleep well last night', 'I have a stomach bug', 'It's a stupid race anyway- its not worth winning'...etc

well it's like on SYW.... she was content to hand over a bunch of old demos but then got a taste of what Lindsey was bringing and that got her competitive side going and she decided she didn't want just old stuff, she had to step up and crank out some songs.... and she managed to bring 4 new ones...not her best, perhaps, (ahem, Silver Girl) and she recycled lyrics on the same album (Illume and Destiny Rules) though I actually like Destiny Rules and Thrown Down is pretty damn good. It just seems to be so much more work for her these days..her musical vocabulary is sooooo rudimentary and she's run out of all the ways to combine her same 4 chords and make them new. Even, and I hate to say it, but her lyrics have gone downhill from her heyday. Not that she can't occasionally still bring it but honestly..... I just don't think she has that much to write about anymore. Like she said for her solo album reissues and 24k (same vintage) those were her "sex and drugs and rock and roll" songs and she adds that she couldn't ever write those kinds of songs again. what's she gonna write about? Having her yogurt treat before bed?? : O Kidding....she could actually write about losing her dad, her mom, getting older, whatever, but maybe she feels that doesn't lend itself to upbeat rocking songs. Who knows. I mean she is a writer whose bread and butter is songs about a)tumultuous relationships or b)witches, ghosts, spirits. She can still write about the first stuff just based on past events, or come up with some new stuff for the second topic. But she just doesn't seem that inspired to write a whole lot of songs like when she was 30, but then... she's 68. She likes the stuff that is successful and doesn't like stuff that won't be "successful". To her the tradeoff in suffering (such as it is) in the studio isn't worth the payoff..... she's happy being an oldies act.

SisterNightroad 12-10-2016 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1197844)
she could actually write about losing her dad, her mom, getting older

Nah already done:
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files..._8%20songs.gif

However jokes aside, I like this idea and I wonder why she didn't find inspiration in the experiences of loss that she endured these years. With age comes wisdom and I'm sure she could still come out with something immensely valuable.

Quote:

what's she gonna write about? Having her yogurt treat before bed??
I actually do that too.

dreamsunwind 12-10-2016 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1197844)
well it's like on SYW.... she was content to hand over a bunch of old demos but then got a taste of what Lindsey was bringing and that got her competitive side going and she decided she didn't want just old stuff, she had to step up and crank out some songs.... and she managed to bring 4 new ones...not her best, perhaps, (ahem, Silver Girl) and she recycled lyrics on the same album (Illume and Destiny Rules) though I actually like Destiny Rules and Thrown Down is pretty damn good. It just seems to be so much more work for her these days..her musical vocabulary is sooooo rudimentary and she's run out of all the ways to combine her same 4 chords and make them new. Even, and I hate to say it, but her lyrics have gone downhill from her heyday. Not that she can't occasionally still bring it but honestly..... I just don't think she has that much to write about anymore. Like she said for her solo album reissues and 24k (same vintage) those were her "sex and drugs and rock and roll" songs and she adds that she couldn't ever write those kinds of songs again. what's she gonna write about? Having her yogurt treat before bed?? : O Kidding....she could actually write about losing her dad, her mom, getting older, whatever, but maybe she feels that doesn't lend itself to upbeat rocking songs. Who knows. I mean she is a writer whose bread and butter is songs about a)tumultuous relationships or b)witches, ghosts, spirits. She can still write about the first stuff just based on past events, or come up with some new stuff for the second topic. But she just doesn't seem that inspired to write a whole lot of songs like when she was 30, but then... she's 68. She likes the stuff that is successful and doesn't like stuff that won't be "successful". To her the tradeoff in suffering (such as it is) in the studio isn't worth the payoff..... she's happy being an oldies act.

I loooooove Thrown Down. It's my favorite song of hers from this century. I also really liked Goodbye Baby.

I think it's that a lot of her songs were about her intense love affairs and all that stuff which she hasn't had in a long time so she can't write that same way anymore. I remember on one interview for the EP she commented how she can't write a song like Without You ever again because she doesn't know what it's like to be in love like that anymore.
But she still has so many old poems she could dig out so I don't think it's a matter of not having songs. And you made a good point, I feel like she could've written some great stuff after her mother died because it was such a huge loss for her.

bombaysaffires 12-10-2016 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamsunwind (Post 1197846)
I loooooove Thrown Down. It's my favorite song of hers from this century. I also really liked Goodbye Baby.

I think it's that a lot of her songs were about her intense love affairs and all that stuff which she hasn't had in a long time so she can't write that same way anymore. I remember on one interview for the EP she commented how she can't write a song like Without You ever again because she doesn't know what it's like to be in love like that anymore.
But she still has so many old poems she could dig out so I don't think it's a matter of not having songs. And you made a good point, I feel like she could've written some great stuff after her mother died because it was such a huge loss for her.

and, frankly, the Lindsey-produced version is better than the other (I'm blanking but think it was produced by Sheryl Crow)

elle 12-10-2016 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamsunwind (Post 1197838)
And I'm not speaking for all SN fans but the ones that are bitter about FM are just the ones who think Stevie can do no wrong and so they think everyone else is the bad guy.

yeah maybe that's it - that's how it certainly comes across with some people. :eek:

michelej1 12-10-2016 07:13 PM

Quote:

It's like her starting a 100m race with her competitors already 20 metres ahead of her; 'I've sprained my ankle', 'I didn't sleep well last night', 'I have a stomach bug', 'It's a stupid race anyway- its not worth winning'...etc

This reminded me of Tonya Harding putting her skated foot up on the table and crying that the lace was broken.

Michele

elle 12-10-2016 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SisterNightroad (Post 1197794)
But, again, she said that it wouldn't sell, not that it wouldn't be good.

nope, she said that it wouldn't be good. that they can never recapture the magic of their heyday anymore. plus that it wouldn't sell so what's the point.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1197801)
I have a feeling we might be pleasantly surprised by possible attendances. Lindsey and Chris couldn't each draw big crowds solo as they were never big names in the way Stevie was. However, they won't be playing solo and Fleetwood Mac as a brand carries a lot of weight. Do we really think the majority of people that come to FM shows are big fans that own most of the albums? (and Stevie Nicks albums?)...of course they aren't. The majority of the people that see gigs are casual fans that own a couple of albums at most and in many cases just have a Greatest Hits disc.

exactly. Fleetwood Mac name carries a lot more weight than any of their individual names. many people go see Fleetwood Mac because they want to put that notch on their belt, like you wanna see a Beatle live, or the Stones, or the Who, or Lynyrd Skynyrd (now there's a band that's completely different than in their heyday!), or Beach Boys, etc - while they are still around. they might know a few best known hits and that''s it. and if they own FM Greatest Hits - almost 80% of the songs there are Christine's, so they'll get that!

now individually, nobody knows who Lindsey Buckingham is, or Christine McVie, or John McVie. few people might know who Mick Fleetwood is, mostly because his name is so close to the band name. and many know who Stevie Nicks is. so it's very possible that if they tour as Fleetwood Mac in arenas, while the shows will be sold out because of Fleetwood Mac name, there will be enough people who will be disappointed when they realize that Nicks is not there. but Beach Boys tour large venues all the time, while at the same time Brian Wilson tours small theaters solo. it would not be unusual.

that said, i really hope if the FM 4 tour, that they'll choose to tour intimate venues, which would assure they are not obligated to do all the hits but they can do tons of new stuff instead.

bottom line: if they tour under Fleetwood Mac name, they will be selling out whatever they want. if they tour under any other name, nobody will know who that is, but that will give them complete artistic freedom. and it would be fantastic to see that show in intimate venues, even if the prices are higher than arena prices there - since unlike in arenas, there are no bad seats in theaters and clubs.

KarmaContestant 12-10-2016 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1197785)
But even worse IMHO, she is not honest with her fans. Does anyone really believe the reason she does not want to do the album is because it might not be good?

Baloney. She didn't say that. She said it wasn't fun to record with FM, she said it took too long, and she said (paraphrased) that no one would buy it anyhow. She hasn't said a word about QUALITY.

KarmaContestant 12-10-2016 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1197810)
Because I don't like her, and think she's a ridiculous person. She's taken on this power trip now, that "I'll show them who's the boss". For the record, I used to like her, but her songwriting talent hits the skids decades ago, and her nasally, four note singing range leaves me flat, and uninspired.

The icing on the cake is that they're getting old, and someone IS going to die. Then, it's going to be too late for one last album. And guess who's fault that is? Old goat breath.

Any more questions?

Since you feel that way - why hold any animosity towards her for not doing a FM album? There's nothing stopping the rest of the band from going on without her. You of all people should be *cheering* the fact that she's not interested in an album.

elle 12-10-2016 07:40 PM

Quote:

II think she possibly could come up with the goods- its probably just daunting for her. Chris has already brought at least 6 songs to the table and Lindsey has a big bunch. It's like her starting a 100m race with her competitors already 20 metres ahead of her; 'I've sprained my ankle', 'I didn't sleep well last night', 'I have a stomach bug', 'It's a stupid race anyway- its not worth winning'...etc

:lol: that sounds like a perfect metaphor, since it does seem like all different rotating reasons she keeps bringing up are just made up excuses to cover something else. :nod:

recording takes a year? either she's stuck in some weird time warp, or she's just making stuff up. i don't want Lindsey as a producer? he proposed tons of others (including Dave Stewart!), FM even started recording with Froom, she still refused. the list goes on.

KarmaContestant 12-10-2016 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1197864)
nope, she said that it wouldn't be good.

Prove it. Find the quote and share it here.

elle 12-10-2016 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarmaContestant (Post 1197870)
Prove it. Find the quote and share it here.

:lol: wow that tone is not very nice.

that most recent interview she gave is somewhere in SN forum. or just google it, and it will come up.

KarmaContestant 12-10-2016 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1197869)
recording takes a year? either she's stuck in some weird time warp, or she's just making stuff up.

SYW was started in 2002, and released in 2003. That's a year.

Tango took 16 months - November 1985 to March 1987.

Tusk is well documented at 18 months.

Rumours took a large chunk of 1976, much of it due to mixing. And mixing. And mixing.

I think she's spot-on when she says FM spends a year to record an album.

As a fan, I'd say the time is worth it - the results are typically stellar. As a band member, I'd say we need a young producer to take the reins and keep us focused and working, and not over-manipulating the material.

KarmaContestant 12-10-2016 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1197871)
:lol: wow that tone is not very nice.

Wasn't meant to be un-nice, but yeah, it is abrupt.

dreamsunwind 12-10-2016 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarmaContestant (Post 1197872)

Rumours took a large chunk of 1976, much of it due to mixing. And mixing. And mixing.

I think she's spot-on when she says FM spends a year to record an album.

As a fan, I'd say the time is worth it - the results are typically stellar. As a band member, I'd say we need a young producer to take the reins and keep us focused and working, and not over-manipulating the material.

Even if it does end up taking a year, Stevie does not actually have to be there locked up in that studio every single day for the entire year. But the way she talks about it, you'd think she would.

I think one time an interviewer mentioned Stevie's complaints about Tusk to Lindsey and he said something about how that surprised him because she only came to the studio around 3 days a week for her songs. I can't remember the exact quote or where it was from, but it was something like that.

And especially now with technology, she really doesn't need to physically be there all that much.

HomerMcvie 12-10-2016 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarmaContestant (Post 1197868)
Since you feel that way - why hold any animosity towards her for not doing a FM album? There's nothing stopping the rest of the band from going on without her. You of all people should be *cheering* the fact that she's not interested in an album.

Nothing would make me happier than for her to go her own way, by either her own choice, or them showing her the door.
But she is keeping them from moving forward, and that's just plain selfish of her.

elle 12-10-2016 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarmaContestant (Post 1197872)

right, time warp. way in the past. even SYW was recorded on reels.

Macfanforever 12-10-2016 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1197876)
Nothing would make me happier than for her to go her own way, by either her own choice, or them showing her the door.
But she is keeping them from moving forward, and that's just plain selfish of her.

Mick could roll her out in a wheelbarrow .LOL.

Sorry I stole that from your sig.

HomerMcvie 12-10-2016 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfanforever (Post 1197878)
Mick could roll her out in a wheelbarrow .LOL.

Sorry I stole that from your sig.

I'm sure that he doesn't want credit, but I stole that from "David", years ago.

Macfanforever 12-11-2016 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1197879)
I'm sure that he doesn't want credit, but I stole that from "David", years ago.

Hshshshshsha.OK.

24karatstevie 12-11-2016 01:05 AM

Personally, I just want all members of the band to be happy. They need to either come to an agreement or set their differences aside to make a compromise that works for everyone. Hopefully something happens that makes all fans happy too. At the end of the day we can take solace in the fact that all 5 current members of FM are still with us and have given many years of great music. We as just fans can not necessarily control or influence what FM do and arguing is really getting us nowhere other than dividing the fanbase based on things that are out our hands. At least we can all agree that we joined this website because of our love of Fleetwood Mac!

elle 12-11-2016 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1197792)
I remember as a kid waiting in line for Fleetwood Mac tickets listening to "fans" say the most horrible things about the rest of the band. "No one comes to see Christine.....Stevie is so beautiful, Chris is so ugly." "I wish Lindsey did not sing so we can hear more Stevie songs." This all coming from people who would camp out to be first in line to get tickets to a Mac show.

sounds like FM fans were always divided. and that sentence about judging Stevie's vs Christine's looks? wow.
Quote:

Originally Posted by 24karatstevie (Post 1197778)
Just because Stevie is my favourite member doesn't mean I don't love the other 4. I'm actually really proud of Stevie for going out and doing what makes her happy with this solo tour. While I would love a new album with all 5, I understand Stevie's reluctance. However, if the other 4 want to go ahead and release an album that's fine with me; I would love to hear new music. And while I personally wouldn't attend a show without Stevie there, I have no problem with a small 4 piece tour for those who would like to see it.

i can understand this, i think. i was trying to dissect which members of the band i would go see solo or in different combinations, and who i would not. unlike many people here who are primarily FM fans, i am primarily LB fan. FM without Lindsey is not interesting to me (well, Peter Green's original version would be, but that version will never tour again). i would not go see Fleetwood Mac if Lindsey was not there. so i can understand when SN fans say they will not go see FM without Stevie.

i would go see Mick solo / with his blues band. i would love to see him with Steven Tyler at the roof of his restaurant in Maui! i would be really curious to see Christine solo. i have no interest in seeing Stevie solo, and even though i'd love to see the Pretenders, i skipped their show with Stevie in my area and will wait for Chrissie or the Pretenders to come around on their own, hopefully in smaller venues.

sue 12-11-2016 12:22 PM

I don't think that SN fans are bitter about FM...

It's the other way around...FM fans are bitter about SN.

Some more bitter than others and the main reason is lack of new music.

I also (as others do) think SN is not capable of writing new material.

SisterNightroad 12-11-2016 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1197864)
nope, she said that it wouldn't be good. that they can never recapture the magic of their heyday anymore. plus that it wouldn't sell so what's the point.

Stevie thinks touring is the better plan, simply because of Fleetwood Mac's dynamics.

"Do we want to go and close ourselves up in a studio for a year, [and] make a record that’s really good but that probably won’t sell, because records don’t really sell that much?" she asks. "And then we'll have been stuffed together for a year in one room, and...when you come out of that room, we may not want to go on a tour!"

http://www.wjbdradio.com/music-news/...wood-mac-album

elle 12-11-2016 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sue (Post 1197906)
I don't think that SN fans are bitter about FM...

It's the other way around...FM fans are bitter about SN.

Some more bitter than others and the main reason is lack of new music.

I also (as others do) think SN is not capable of writing new material.

see what you are saying would all reasonably make sense. but every time someone would mention a possibility of FM album being released without SN, we would see bunch of hate being thrown that person's way - and bunch of badmouthing of the other members of FM, basically claiming that without SN they are nothing. that sure sounds like bitterness (or worse) to me.

i think someone here said it's because many SN fans behave like they have to stand behind anything she says and does, and are defending her honor somehow. i've seen many posts or groups on social media where saying - hey i didn't like the boots SN wore today - would get you banned. people on those sites praise how "positive" those sites are, vs a place like here where all opinions and civil arguments are welcome. probably even if you go to SN forum here, you will read a lot of dumping on the Rumours forum and how there are just bunch of SN "haters" here.

SisterNightroad 12-11-2016 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1197908)
Probably even if you go to SN forum here, you will read a lot of dumping on the Rumours forum and how there are just bunch of SN "haters" here.

Actually 90% of the posts there are me and Danielle's reporting reviews and photos of Stevie's current tour.
People both here and there have a wrong perception of what's in the other forum, I wasn't aware that so many people never (or almost) venture in the other sub-forums to this point.

elle 12-11-2016 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SisterNightroad (Post 1197909)
Actually 90% of the posts there are me and Danielle's reporting reviews and photos of Stevie's current tour.
People both here and there have a wrong perception of what's in the other forum, I wasn't aware that so many people never (or almost) venture in the other sub-forums to this point.

but it makes sense. if i am not SN fan, why would i go into forum that discusses her solo career? or the other way around, people who obviously don't like LB or CM and are belittling them at every opportunity, without ever hearing any of their solo music, why would they go to their solo forums?

if someone is actually just SN fan, unless they are also a FM fan, they probably don't have much interest in what the whole band is doing, unless Stevie is doing something with the band.

just for the record, there were a few times i went to SN forum and posted something. if i get an info that i think would help fans there (like presale passwords), i have no reason not to share with fans who'd like to have that. but there were also times (usually the same day!) when i expressed my opinion about something or other there, and was rudely attacked and told to stay out of SN forum. :lol:

SisterNightroad 12-11-2016 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1197911)
but it makes sense. if i am not SN fan, why would i go into forum that discusses her solo career? or the other way around, people who obviously don't like LB or CM and are belittling them at every opportunity, without ever hearing any of their solo music, why would they go to their solo forums?

if someone is actually just SN fan, unless they are also a FM fan, they probably don't have much interest in what the whole band is doing, unless Stevie is doing something with the band.

just for the record, there were a few times i went to SN forum and posted something. if i get an info that i think would help fans there (like presale passwords), i have no reason not to share with fans who'd like to have that. but there were also times (usually the same day!) when i expressed my opinion about something or other there, and was rudely attacked and told to stay out of SN forum. :lol:

I wasn't talking about you in particular, just noticing a particular general tendency as more people happened to say something similar.
However if I am a fan of the band in its entirety I'd check once in a while all the forums (even if I wouldn't comment) of its members, especially as you say during the periods of activity together. I just couldn't really say that I love a band If I don't care about a part of its input.
I don't doubt someone said that to you, in truth since I write at least every once in a while in every sub-forum it happened to me at least once in each one of them. But I don't think we shouldn't tar everyone with the same brush.

michelej1 12-11-2016 04:00 PM

What I see which I find worthy of ridicule and mockery is those who have an opinion on something that they've never heard or experienced. So many people don't know anything about someone's solo career or about the Say You Will album or the EP, yet they never hesitate to tell you how awful it is. Or they say they listen to something for 15 seconds and concluded it was bad. If attention deficit is so egregious that you can't listen to something, then have the courtesy not to talk about it. Just recuse yourself from that particular conversation. And the fact that you hated something someone has done in the past is no excuse to conclude that *everything* they do is trash. People change, talent changes.

Just like I don't want casual fans to judge all of Fleetwood Mac by One album, be in a good or a bad one, I don't express opinions about individual artists based on what I haven't seen or heard, as opposed to what I have.

Once you tell me that something is awful but you've never heard it, then I lose complete interest in anything you have to say. Michele

elle 12-11-2016 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SisterNightroad (Post 1197915)
However if I am a fan of the band in its entirety I'd check once in a while all the forums (even if I wouldn't comment) of its members, especially as you say during the periods of activity together. I just couldn't really say that I love a band If I don't care about a part of its input.

right, and that's why it's so surprising that all these people who are claiming to be Fleetwood Mac fans have been coming out saying how "if Stevie's not there, i don't care about the band".

if 4/5th of the band are doing something, i don't see how you can claim you can't care less about their output if you are a fan of the band. in that case, i think you are a fan of Stevie and whatever she does - whether it's solo, with the band, as a part of some duet etc. you don't care about anything Fleetwood Mac other than Stevie.

and it goes the other way, and with other band members. i learned to love Fleetwood Mac, but i'm definitely not a fan of the band, i'm a LB fan. I'm a fan of what he does, solo or with the band or with others, and i like his solo output better than his band output actually. of course there' so much more of his solo output than his output with the band - because, let's face it, this band has been on ice and hardly prolific for long periods of their existence.

KenshiMaster16 12-11-2016 04:03 PM

Can we take a second to appreciate the irony of Stevies likely last song contribution to the band being a song titled 'Without You' of all things?

Roxy 12-11-2016 07:21 PM

What I wanna know is why anybody thinks the band members even care.

Tango 12-11-2016 07:46 PM

Most people are not mad at Stevie or Fleetwood Mac because they don't know this drama is going on here on this fan board! ;) Check with your friends. They know nothing about it yet.

bombaysaffires 12-11-2016 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roxy (Post 1197930)
What I wanna know is why anybody thinks the band members even care.

care about what? what's said here? I'm sure for the most part they don't. I don't think most people post here trying to speak directly to the band members....(though it's nice if some of it filters back). It's fans talking to each other.

bombaysaffires 12-11-2016 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SisterNightroad (Post 1197915)
I wasn't talking about you in particular, just noticing a particular general tendency as more people happened to say something similar.
I don't doubt someone said that to you, in truth since I write at least every once in a while in every sub-forum it happened to me at least once in each one of them. But I don't think we shouldn't tar everyone with the same brush.

exactly!! I cruise through all the forums. I've seen all 3 songwriters on their solo tours in addition to the band tours. I own all their solo albums (including Mick and John). Granted I listen to some way more than others, but I'm always going to be interested in what all of them are up to.

JohnL 12-12-2016 11:25 AM

Exactly...

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1197757)
Hmmm, maybe posters like secondhandchain and homer can answer why they say the things they say about Stevie...

I think this whole thread should be changed around to say Why are some FM fans so bitter about Stevie? We defend her to the nth degree but we should not even be called upon to do that.

SisterNightroad 12-12-2016 11:40 AM

Sometimes I want to do a survey titled "Why does the Rumours forum always have new threads with complaining titles?"

Macfanforever 12-12-2016 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SisterNightroad (Post 1197955)
Sometimes I want to do a survey titled "Why does the Rumours forum always have new threads with complaining titles?"

I agree.I'm not bitter with any of the Mac members or anybody on here. .Again and sorry to say this.I'm just tired of all the on and on complaining/crying/whining/fighting /fussing on these topics in what should they do together and not do together as a band and other stuff about them .To note .Also these threads are bleeding into the other forums on the similar topics . Its time to move on and get over it.Just enjoy what we have with Fleetwood Mac and its members while they are still with us even if we agree or not in what they do together or not together and their solo careers .