The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Tango videos timeline (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=13798)

EveryHour 04-10-2004 09:13 PM

Tango videos timeline

I was thinking today...how did the band manage to make so many videos (Big Love, Little Lies and Seven Wonders) for Tango before the sh*t hit the fan and Lindsey left? I mean, there's no way I can see that they would have released that many singles before hitting the road (the prospect of which we all know triggered Lindsey's departure). Unless they wanted to get video making overwith and/or sensed he wouldn't last and they made all three videos in a week or something and then just released them sporadically. :confused: The Everywhere and Family Man videos were clearly made after Lindsey left, since he is not in Everywhere (nor is Stevie, for that matter...was it made after the Tango tour and Stevie was already gone working on OSOTM?), and Family Man is just pieces of the Seven Wonders video mixed with old-time family photos. Can someone enlighten me as to how this all panned out?

Merf 04-10-2004 09:25 PM

I think I read somewhere that Seven Wonders was the last video made before Lindsey left. I remember someone posting how Lindsey hugs on Mick at the end of the video, and how it was like a "goodbye" hug.

Big Love was first, then Little Lies, then Seven Wonders. I believe Everywhere and Family Man were pieced together sometime in the fall of 1987/winter of 1988 after he left and they were on tour. But I could be wrong on that one.
;)

MacMan 04-10-2004 09:26 PM

Tango videos timeline

Not 100% sure, but alot of the times the videos are shot after the album is made and the singles determined. Sometimes they are shot one right after the other.

In the case of Everywhere, They probably didn't expect the first three to be so succesful and didn't plan on a 3rd single/video so they weren't prepared, so in an attempt to mine Tango for yet another single, and video Everywhere may have been a video slapped together when the band wasn't available.

Nixxxed 04-10-2004 10:15 PM

I always thought the "Everywhere" video was the sound-check clip that was in the Tango concert video. Is there another one?

DeadliestPoison 04-10-2004 10:21 PM

The "Everywhere" video's the one based on Alfred Noye's poem "The Highwayman." In the MPEG I have of it, the band isn't there at all, but apparently there's one with profiles of their faces in it. It's a pretty neat video. I always thought the Highwayman was Mick. :laugh:

Sorcerer386 04-11-2004 06:39 PM

I thought they did Big Love, then Seven Wonders, then Little Lies, and I remember posting a similar question about how Lindsey was in these videos but wasn't on tour. Someone said that the tour was put off for a while after Tango in the Night was released, and that's why Lindsey was in the videos but didn't go on tour.

Lala 04-11-2004 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadliestPoison
The "Everywhere" video's the one based on Alfred Noye's poem "The Highwayman." In the MPEG I have of it, the band isn't there at all, but apparently there's one with profiles of their faces in it. It's a pretty neat video. I always thought the Highwayman was Mick. :laugh:

Hmmm...I didn't know they were in it. It took me so long to find a version of it that would download off Kazaa and when I got it I was so disapointed to find 0 FM.

EveryHour 04-11-2004 09:52 PM

Aaah...sounds like there's different versions of Everywhere, which I was not aware of. The one I have is with the profiles of Chris, Mick and John. Perhaps they DID have time to make the other 3 videos/release 3 singles before the tour started. With everything that was "going down" at the time, I imagine it did take quite a while to get the tour started after the album's release. Not that singles are always released to radio the exact day the video comes out, but I suppose we could figure this out by comparing single release dates to whatever the first date of the Tango Tour was. I'll try to check it out...

EveryHour 04-11-2004 10:09 PM

Okay...research done, and it DID just take that long to get the tour rolling after the release of the album. According to The Nicks Fix, the Tango Tour began in October 1987. (All US release dates) Big Love was released in March '87, the Tango album April '87, Seven Wonders was June '87, Little Lies was August '87. Then the tour starts, and Everywhere is released November '87, Family Man-March '88, and Isn't It Midnight-June '88 (UK only). This is all according to the exhaustive discography in Mick's My Twenty-Five Years In FM book. It also gives the exact date of the "Lindsey quitting drama" at Christine's house: August 7, 1987. So they must've made the Little Lies video just before he left.

It's always nice to figure out your own thread. ;) Hopefully at least someone out there found all of this interesting. :D

wondergirl9847 04-11-2004 10:54 PM

Hmmm.....

Perhaps we need to collaborate on an FM timeline or something. :shrug: If we all contributed to a thread of dates that are confirmed for various things in FM history.

I dunno...just thinking out loud.

darklinensuit 04-11-2004 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EveryHour
(All US release dates) Big Love was released in March '87, the Tango album April '87, Seven Wonders was June '87, Little Lies was August '87.

I knew I remembered them in this order.
Plus I think of the Little Lies photo of Lindsey in Mick's coffee table book, the one where Mick calls the shot prophetic, like Lindsey left soon afterwards.

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie 04-11-2004 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merf
I think I read somewhere that Seven Wonders was the last video made before Lindsey left. I remember someone posting how Lindsey hugs on Mick at the end of the video, and how it was like a "goodbye" hug.

Big Love was first, then Little Lies, then Seven Wonders. I believe Everywhere and Family Man were pieced together sometime in the fall of 1987/winter of 1988 after he left and they were on tour. But I could be wrong on that one.
;)

I'm fairly certain you're correct. Seven Wonders was the last video that Lindsey made before he left the band. As far as it being a goobye hug? I don't know if i've ever heard that but i'm sure it's quite possible.

DeadliestPoison 04-11-2004 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GardenStateGirlie
I'm fairly certain you're correct. Seven Wonders was the last video that Lindsey made before he left the band. As far as it being a goobye hug? I don't know if i've ever heard that but i'm sure it's quite possible.

And then you have the mildly infamous tear toward the end. Aaaw.

I never gave much thought to how they churned out all the videos before Liddy packed up & left, so this thread's been pretty neat for me. :D

EveryHour 04-12-2004 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GardenStateGirlie

Before everyone gets all choked up ;) over this Seven Wonders good-bye hug, please note above that I discovered Little Lies was the last video. Not that they still didn't most likely sense he was leaving at that point anyway.

Sorcerer386 04-12-2004 11:03 PM

Yes, again, Little Lies was the last video he made with them. As for Everywhere, I often wonder if they planned to release a single after Little Lies because I don't think it was even in the setlist at the beginning of the Tango tour. I have the second show of that tour from Iowa, and it's not in the show.