The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Listen: Sleeping Around The Corner (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57151)

sands of time 05-11-2017 09:13 PM

What's up with the percussion flub at 0:14? Very annoying.

dreamsunwind 05-11-2017 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee (Post 1209360)
I can say that's it's definitely a toe tapper. :nod:

This is exactly how I'd describe it. Very toe-tapping indeed. I still don't like his penchant for weird vocals but it is pretty catchy.

FMM2 05-11-2017 10:15 PM

Loving this one...

I do hear a female voice in the mix there over the choruses. I keep listening to it over and over and I think it just might be Christine but low in the mix.

Or am I hearing things?

FMM2

aleuzzi 05-11-2017 10:18 PM

It's a bright, upbeat piece. Not terribly distinctive, but pleasant.

As others already mentioned, it would have been MILES better with actual participation from Christine.

I am happy to have new music forthcoming, but am annoyed and disappointed that we appear to have waited three years for essentially five collaborative songs. All the press and all the interviews and hoopla suggested a more substantial pairing with these artists. It would not have been difficult to pay even minimum lip-service to this concept by layering in some Christine harmonies on the pre-recorded Lindsey material. So yeah, big WTF moment with all of this.

However, so far, the songs are very good as individual songs.

elle 05-11-2017 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peestie (Post 1209353)
It's weird to hear the changes after listening to the solo version for ages. Some notes/thoughts:

-It's faster than the original. At the minute it feels *too* fast, but maybe people who hear this version first with think the original is too slow.
-The lead vocal is definitely different
-Other elements have definitely been rerecorded. This isn't just opening up an old demo and sticking on Christine/Mick/John.
-The bridge is really jarring but I'm sure I'll get used to it being there.
-It's still a great song that deserves to be heard more widely than the bonus track was

like you are reading my thoughts - exactly, all of this when i first heard it.

except too fast, i remember the original solo as a bit slow when i first heard it. i also thougt it's way too poppy for LB solo, and it was - that's why it didn't fit on SWS at all. but i just really loved the song even though some of the lazy lyrics annoyed me. still love it. love that his vocals are normal and not sped up or processed.

secondhandchain 05-11-2017 11:04 PM

I just listened to all three songs back to back in the car and boy do they sound great together in context. Really good.

secondhandchain 05-11-2017 11:06 PM

I'm pretty sure Christine is playing in the new bridge.

The Juggler 05-12-2017 12:34 AM

:shrug:

I'm very disappointed in all the songs I've heard so far. In My World is passable but the newest two...they sound so stale. I'm not sure why. Say You Will still sounds fresh to me, so I'm not sure if it's a production issue but these are really poor tracks.

secondhandchain 05-12-2017 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Juggler (Post 1209419)

I'm very disappointed in all the songs I've heard so far. In My World is passable but the newest two...they sound so stale. I'm not sure why. Say You Will still sounds fresh to me, so I'm not sure if it's a production issue but these are really poor tracks.

Say you will was not that great sorry. Sleeping around the Corner is not stale sounding it's very catchy and has a lot of energy.

BombaySapphire3 05-12-2017 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Juggler (Post 1209419)

I agree a huge disappointment from what I was expecting .In My World is listenable Feel About You is an embarrassment across the boards.

Jondalar 05-12-2017 03:34 AM

Although this song sounds totally original and new, it's blah. Not really a fan of it. Totally forgettable.

Ench 05-12-2017 04:04 AM

The Buckingham McVie album is sounding very much like a Buckingham solo album with Christine guesting on some tracks. However, I very much like Lindsey's recent solo albums in particular, so for me this is a good thing.

Though, if this is what Lindsey wanted to do, then I could imagine how Stevie wouldn't want to be involved. I don't think she wants her songs done Lindsey solo-album style.

Playing 'In the Meantime' now. I'll play 'Seeds We Sow' next.

hausermd 05-12-2017 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sands of time (Post 1209405)
What's up with the percussion flub at 0:14? Very annoying.

That is irritating, not sure why that wasn't fixed.

hausermd 05-12-2017 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMM2 (Post 1209407)
Loving this one...

I do hear a female voice in the mix there over the choruses. I keep listening to it over and over and I think it just might be Christine but low in the mix.

Or am I hearing things?

FMM2

I do too, but I also hear a female voice on the SWS version.

TrueFaith77 05-12-2017 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ench (Post 1209425)
The Buckingham McVie album is sounding very much like a Buckingham solo album with Christine guesting on some tracks.

Uh-oh. Get ready for a smack down. :lol:

I actually agree and also don't mind either.

Anyway, I wish someone could explain what it means to be sleeping around the corner...? What is that?

I'm just doing yoga in the next room.
I'm just washing in the shower.
I'm just driving in the car.
I'm just shopping in the mall.

What is the significance?

Also what is the meaning of corner? Like, in the room around the corner or in the house around the corner?

Maybe it's about Stevie!