The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   I get to meet Lindsey!!! (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58193)

SRhiannon 10-11-2018 11:42 AM

I get to meet Lindsey!!!

I am beyond excited! I went with the "you can't take it with you" attitude and splurged on Meet and Greet packages. AND, it was half the price of what Mick is charging...I would much rather pay to meet Lindsey anyway!

Has anyone else done this and what should I expect??:blob2:

sue 10-11-2018 01:08 PM

Can’t help you with what happens

But I can feel your excitement just thro the written word.
Have a way beyond fabulous time...
Let us know if it lives upto your expectations.......

SRhiannon 10-15-2018 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sue (Post 1239811)
Can’t help you with what happens

But I can feel your excitement just thro the written word.
Have a way beyond fabulous time...
Let us know if it lives upto your expectations.......

Thank you! I'll definitely share my experience :-)

FuzzyPlum 10-15-2018 03:52 PM

Has anyone given him a personally written note at a meet and greet? Do you think he'd actually read it some time later if you gave him a note?
If I had the chance I think I'd write something for him. I know he might never read it but it would be nice to know he, maybe, just maybe, might read it.

elle 10-15-2018 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1240949)
Has anyone given him a personally written note at a meet and greet?

yes. many people told me they did.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1240949)
Do you think he'd actually read it some time later if you gave him a note?
If I had the chance I think I'd write something for him. I know he might never read it but it would be nice to know he, maybe, just maybe, might read it.

i think he reads them. i know he read at least some of the stuff people gave him as notes.

luminol 11-02-2018 05:00 PM

Seeking advice from the experienced....

Hello all,

May I ask a few questions about this VIP experience? (I searched a bit through the threads and apologize if this is all common knowledge.) I believe I should receive an email with info soon, but just in case...

-Does it take place prior to the show? If so, how early?
-Does he sign anything?
-Photo(s)?
-I assume the time speaking to him must be brief; any estimates on how long?
-I read a quote somewhere that he understands if people ask him to sign FM items. Has anyone asked him recently? I don't want to insult him, though I do love his FM albums dearly.

Thanks for all tips and advice!

Macfan4life 11-02-2018 05:25 PM

The meet and photo take place prior to the concert. There are 3 rules. No autographs, no drinking alcohol, and no personal photos. They have a professional photographer who will email you the photos.
Lindsey was pretty subdued during our meet and greet. IMHO, I bet he is not thrilled about doing them. You do have a few seconds to say something or ask a quick question. But its a photo opportunity with a line so they keep the line moving. Lindsey was very gracious and I felt uncomfortable to pester him with questions. Each person probably has about 30 seconds. Its probably best to be the last in line because I am sure since the line is over he would stay and talk more.
Lindsey has very smooth hands with calluses from his intense guitar playing.
Note: You do get Lindsey's autograph at the VIP center. The tour poster is autographed and I plan on framing mine. The posters are already pre-signed when you pick them up.

lovethemac1 11-02-2018 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1243075)
The meet and photo take place prior to the concert. There are 3 rules. No autographs, no drinking alcohol, and no personal photos. They have a professional photographer who will email you the photos.
Lindsey was pretty subdued during our meet and greet. IMHO, I bet he is not thrilled about doing them. You do have a few seconds to say something or ask a quick question. But its a photo opportunity with a line so they keep the line moving. Lindsey was very gracious and I felt uncomfortable to pester him with questions. Each person probably has about 30 seconds. Its probably best to be the last in line because I am sure since the line is over he would stay and talk more.
Lindsey has very smooth hands with calluses from his intense guitar playing.

And his leather jacket was as soft as BUTTER! And his hair looks very wiry up close (and from a distance too).

luminol 11-03-2018 08:15 AM

Thank you very much for all the details. This is helpful for me to be prepared and to manage expectations.

Glad I haven't allocated much time/thought yet as to which album to ask him to sign, since he doesn't sign anything at all! :laugh: I was semi-stressed about that, so I can strike it off the list of worries.

When did you guys receive the informational email with details?

Thanks again everyone.

lovethemac1 11-03-2018 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luminol (Post 1243136)
Thank you very much for all the details. This is helpful for me to be prepared and to manage expectations.

Glad I haven't allocated much time/thought yet as to which album to ask him to sign, since he doesn't sign anything at all! :laugh: I was semi-stressed about that, so I can strike it off the list of worries.

When did you guys receive the informational email with details?

Thanks again everyone.

The email with the details came about a week before. Some people still had him sign an album. I asked him a question and he, my husband and I had a quick little conversation. Like 30 seconds. His laugh is so wonderful.