The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Ticket Questions (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=56813)

24karatstevie 01-24-2017 10:42 PM

Ticket Questions

I'm planning on going to the Memphis show but I haven't purchased my tickets yet. Sorry if some of these questions have been asked before, I'm just trying to get decent seats at a price that won't leave me as an even poorer college student haha.

1. How likely are ticket drops/lowering of prices the closer the show gets? I really want floor seats but I cannot pay for VIP tickets especially since I need 2. Is there a chance that face value seats within the first 10 or so rows will become available?

2. How far away is too far for floor seats? Are further back floor seats worth it if I can't get closer? I really want the experience on the floor but it will be kinda pointless if I can't see Stevie.

3. Are sites like StubHub a good option for last minute tickets or should I stick with Ticketmaster and hope for the best?

Any advice will be much appreciated! This will be my 2nd Stevie concert and I'm not too familiar with concert-going in general so I'm open to suggestions!

olive 01-25-2017 09:50 AM

my opinion is away from the stage for this is best THE STAGE and THE LIGHTS need to be seen it is amazing ,

half way back on the side is where my seats were and i was blown away

24karatstevie 01-25-2017 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olive (Post 1200540)
my opinion is away from the stage for this is best THE STAGE and THE LIGHTS need to be seen it is amazing ,

half way back on the side is where my seats were and i was blown away

I definitely would like to be able to see the stage so I don't need front row or anything. I'm trying to figure out how far back would be good to see the overall stage but not so far back that I cannot see Stevie herself. Also does anyone know if VIP seats convert to face value price if they don't sell?

lulu28 01-26-2017 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 24karatstevie (Post 1200585)
I definitely would like to be able to see the stage so I don't need front row or anything. I'm trying to figure out how far back would be good to see the overall stage but not so far back that I cannot see Stevie herself. Also does anyone know if VIP seats convert to face value price if they don't sell?

I'm pretty sure that they do convert in the last few days before the concert. I was able to get 7th row center for face value for the Columbia, South Carolina show four days before the concert. Good luck!

24karatstevie 01-26-2017 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lulu28 (Post 1200634)
I'm pretty sure that they do convert in the last few days before the concert. I was able to get 7th row center for face value for the Columbia, South Carolina show four days before the concert. Good luck!

Oh that sounds awesome! Playing the waiting game makes me a little nervous,but I know if I can get good tickets it will be worth it.

lilyfee 01-30-2017 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 24karatstevie (Post 1200585)

I have heard that 8th row is the ideal place.

But really, any seat is good if you can see her... I had a high side view and while I wasn't close, I could see everything and it was thoroughly magical!:nod:

24karatstevie 02-14-2017 12:45 AM

Sorry to bump this thread again, but I just checked Ticketmaster for the Memphis show and some more floor seats were released. I'm currently debating on Sec 3 Row 10 for face value $148. There's only 3 weeks left until the show, and I'm wondering if I should just go ahead and buy these? How is the view from 10th row? Will any of the resale prices drop or more seats be released? I guess I'm just worried that if I pass on these they will be sold and then nothing better will pop up.

STEVEHEDRICK 02-14-2017 04:36 AM

my opinion if there are alot of vip still left then wait yes they do convert to un vip seats my friend got second row day of show dead center!

Macfan4life 02-14-2017 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 24karatstevie (Post 1201561)
Sorry to bump this thread again, but I just checked Ticketmaster for the Memphis show and some more floor seats were released. I'm currently debating on Sec 3 Row 10 for face value $148. There's only 3 weeks left until the show, and I'm wondering if I should just go ahead and buy these? How is the view from 10th row? Will any of the resale prices drop or more seats be released? I guess I'm just worried that if I pass on these they will be sold and then nothing better will pop up.

That's a really good price drop. IMHO I don't care for floor seats unless its within 15 rows back. So I would jump on those tickets. I have tickets for $148 on the side of the stage second row for that same price.

24karatstevie 02-28-2017 05:50 PM

Thanks to everyone who responded. I went ahead and bought those 10th row seats. Noticed that they had some platinum seats open up in rows 4 and 5 a few days ago for a decent price. I called Ticketmaster today to see if I could possibly upgrade to those seats and just pay the price difference. Sadly, the representative said that since they were platinum they could not be upgraded to. :( Oh well at least I still have floor seats so I'm excited. Has anyone tried asking for upgrades once you get to the venue or sneaking up? Haha does that work??

Nathan 02-28-2017 06:07 PM

Tenth row is killer, bet you get lots of eye contact.

24karatstevie 02-28-2017 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathan (Post 1202142)
Tenth row is killer, bet you get lots of eye contact.

I hope so, fingers crossed! Honestly I know it's not first row but I can't believe I'm actually going to be on the floor for the first time. I'm so excited!

Nathan 02-28-2017 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 24karatstevie (Post 1202143)
I hope so, fingers crossed! Honestly I know it's not first row but I can't believe I'm actually going to be on the floor for the first time. I'm so excited!

Be sure to wear your heels and get tall too.

24karatstevie 02-28-2017 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathan (Post 1202144)
Be sure to wear your heels and get tall too.

Definitely! I'm blessed with shortness like our dear Stevie. 5'1" :nod:

jkmaletic 03-02-2017 11:51 AM

Maybe it's just the shows I've been looking at (the most recent), but there hasn't been any ticket drops for the first 5 rows. Ticketmaster seems to be onto us! :rolleyes:
I guess at least it makes me glad I bought my VIP tickets for tonight's show.