The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Buckingham McVie album! Out June 9th, 2017!!! (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=56766)

lennonfan 01-13-2017 07:57 AM

The Buckingham McVie album! Out June 9th, 2017!!!

Just saw this with a couple great pics...so they're calling it Buckingham McVie? I kinda like it!http://www.latimes.com/la-et-ms-vill...htmlstory.html

James89 01-13-2017 08:19 AM

God I hope this isn't true. NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

lulu28 01-13-2017 08:36 AM

Good! Now maybe they will quit bugging the piss out of Stevie and everyone here can be happy! New music is new music, right? All is good!

SisterNightroad 01-13-2017 08:37 AM

So they decided to do a duet album instead of a Fleetwood Mac album? I don't find it a bad idea, sounds like a good and fun experiment.

lennonfan 01-13-2017 08:39 AM

I hope this is true! When you think about it, Mac just really wanted Lindsey in the beginning, which would have kept them as a 4 piece as they were with Bob Welch. I've always loved the way Chris and Linds worked together, I can totally see a joint project being super. Chris has total confidence in the material, and I believe her.

I think they could do it for the art, not for the sales.

Macfan4life 01-13-2017 08:43 AM

I love the idea but I firmly believe if you are a REAL member of this band you don't sign up for big bucks for a tour but also be a part of the creative process of the band for new material. I know Stevie signed up for the tour but I feel that if she does not contribute to the new album than she should not be allowed to tour. The band (mostly Lindsey) turned down Christine with this same offer. It was reported during the 2013 European tour that Christine floated the idea of joining the band for the tour only. Lindsey pretty much said you are IN OR OUT. You cant have it both ways and come and go as you please (i.e. touring in Europe but not the USA). I think everyone should be treated the same. We all know that Stevie is a huge draw and it will never happen but its just my opinion ;)

lennonfan 01-13-2017 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SisterNightroad (Post 1199304)
So they decided to do a duet album instead of a Fleetwood Mac album? I don't find it a bad idea, sounds like a good and fun experiment.

They could call it Fleetwood Mac - Buckingham McVie .....it would be hilarious as it's their 4 names, when you think about it...

louielouie2000 01-13-2017 09:20 AM

While I'm heartbroken that Fleetwood Mac has been confirmed dead, there is something totally heartwarming and sweet about Lindsey and Chris deciding to do a duet album. Especially at this point in their careers- they could just be resting on their laurels or doing their own solo projects, but no- they're working together. It kind of proves the real love and respect the two have for one another and their respective crafts. I'd completely lose my mind if they did a small tour together. After all these years of Fleetwood Mac disappointments, I'm still concerned this album won't make it to full term... but this article does give me some renewed hope. We're all rooting for you Lindsey & Chris! :nod:

AlexD 01-13-2017 10:09 AM

YEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHHH NO STEVIE!!!!! I didn't think they'd really do this

SisterNightroad 01-13-2017 10:18 AM

Actually since this is being called "Buckingham-McVie" and it's written that there have been only "collaborations" with other FM members I think this is sort of a side project by Lindsey and Christine more than anything else.

FuzzyPlum 01-13-2017 11:29 AM

Yesssssss.
Really pleased it's confirmed. I'm a bit frustrated it wont be released under the Fleetwood Mac name though. Perhaps even if the album is titled Buckingham McVie it should still be released by Fleetwood Mac.
Thank god we can finally put all these 'will she? won't she?' discussions to bed.

shackin'up 01-13-2017 11:48 AM

Did a Woman cowrite a whole album with the 'impossible to work with' Buckingham and actually loved to do it!? now that can't be right!

ViscountViktor 01-13-2017 12:01 PM

This is great! Any new music from Mac members is good news, and seeing as this will probably include Mick and John anyway, it's the best we could hope for.

I don't see it doing too well in the charts without Stevie. But I'm glad they're doing it without her.

And the picture of them is cute at the end :D

jbrownsjr 01-13-2017 12:03 PM

Yes!!! I love the combo of Buckingham/McVie!! They have always had amazing chemistry... I'm so proud that they realize that they are artists, too!

It's important.

I love how they both said, "F3939 this shi##($(!!! " Let's make new music for us and our fans. Not some diva wanna be cash grabbing .."whaaaa I don't want to sit around and make new music because it doesn't sell... because I can't work with Lindsey.... "

She had a million excuses...

Good job Christine and Lindsey... you don't need any more sales or money... you need to create.. because.. uhhhhhhhhhh you're artists.. So happy!!!

lennonfan 01-13-2017 12:05 PM

it looks like they won't use the FM moniker, but it really is an FM album:)
May looks to be the release date, and check this mixing board photo:
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...113-story.html