The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Christine McVie (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   another blog (that bashes Chris' songs!) (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=21423)

ThePenguin 08-04-2005 11:16 AM

another blog (that bashes Chris' songs!)

google is so amusing LOL.

-Lis

ah yes.
everyone thinks that this is the best fleetwood mac album EVAR. they are mistaken. but regardless, it is still pretty f*cking sweet.

like any fleetwood mac album, stevie's songs are the best (i love you, stevie. call me.) but i think that pretty much goes without saying. so i guess one of her most famous songs is on here, dreams (which is really sexy and makes me want to light candles and drink wine and have long deep conversations and i don't even like wine and deep conversations are not my strong point) and then gold dust woman, which is fanf*ckintastic, but seriously, her songs on tusk are the best she's ever done. anywho.

i don't understand what makes this everyone's favorite fleetwood mac album. but then again i don't understand what makes dirt everyone's favorite alice in chains album. is it because they were "breakthrough" albums? because they sold more? since when does that make an album better?

see, the thing is... rumours is great, and all, but christine mcvie's songs f*ck up the perfection of the whole thing. actually, her songs are usually the weak part of any fleetwood mac album (i don't love you christine, please don't call) with the exception of tusk, because that album is pure delicious perfection sprinkled with sugar, but her songs on rumours are especially lame.

"don't stop"? come on. that **** is WEAK. just horrible. in fact, i am going to skip it. and then there's "songbird", which, while quite lovely and of the "moves you to tears" variety when performed live because you know she wrote it for john mcvie, even though they were in the midst of divorce (oh drama), is a f*cking snore bore galore on the album. and it's right in the f*cking middle. skip, plz. "you make loving fun" is good enough that you think maybe she has redeemed herself, and then here comes "oh daddy". i believe atrocious is a good word for that song. i can't even express to myself the many ways that song sucks, much less to anyone else. also i read somewhere that it was written for mick fleetwood. does that mean she called him daddy? sick ****.

in conclusion, i love her voice when she's singing backup. but alone, she takes up album space that lindsey or stevie could have done better things with.

thank you, that is all.

macfan 57 08-04-2005 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePenguin

thank you, that is all.

Well thank God for that. ;) You can't take this ignorant Chiffonhead too seriously. :laugh:

jbrownsjr 08-04-2005 12:09 PM

Very intelligent review! :woohoo:

HomerMcvie 08-04-2005 12:24 PM

Opinions are like..........something or other..... What is it?

Gailh 08-04-2005 01:16 PM

Quote:

-Lis
in conclusion, i love her voice when she's singing backup. but alone, she takes up album space that lindsey or stevie could have done better things with.

what? like more twirling?

Gail

GateandGarden 08-04-2005 01:33 PM

Rumours isn't my fave, either, but it's not all Christine's fault. I can't understand why someone favors Stevie's songs over hers in the case of this album. In general, it's just not my favorite compared to the others. To me, the only masterpiece on the album is "Never Going Back Again." In the cases of Stevie and Christine, they have such better songs on other albums, IMO.

And of course I don't like "Oh Daddy" being about Mick. :laugh: Stupid Mick. :rolleyes:

I still don't think "Don't Stop" is "horrible," just overplayed.

Anyway, I've read some reviews and blog entries that have made me far more upset than that one. That one just made me laugh. "I don't love you Christine please don't call" cracked me up. Yeah, I'm sure the feeling's mutual. :laugh: And that person is so wrong for saying that Christine's song are the "weak part of any FM album. This person must not have Tango!

Whenever I go on Amazon and read Time reviews in which they say it's "not Fleetwood Mac without Stevie and Lindsey" I get mad. I also read a review saying that Christine couldn't save the album because her songs sucked just as much as the others. That pissed me off because I think her Time songs are really fantastic. I also hate it when they talk about Bekka like she's white trash in those reviews. And, of course, in various other reviews of other albums people really pit Stevie and Christine against each other sometimes, completely dogging one and acting like the other is a goddess. That's annoying.

GateandGarden 08-04-2005 01:35 PM

Quote:

-Lis

but alone, she takes up album space that lindsey or stevie could have done better things with.

I forgot to mention this. I hate it when people can't appreciate diversity and this is a pretty good example of that, I think.

ontheEdgeof17 08-04-2005 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macfan 57
Well thank God for that. ;) You can't take this ignorant Chiffonhead too seriously. :laugh:

I'll try to write more intelligently next time. :lol: :p

jbrownsjr 08-04-2005 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GateandGarden
I forgot to mention this. I hate it when people can't appreciate diversity and this is a pretty good example of that, I think.

amen .

strandinthewind 08-04-2005 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macfan 57

Hey now - let's not berate the Chiffonheads in general for this nincompoop (sp.?) :cool: and I note no one is getting on the Buckingham blind supporters when his name was mentioned as well :mad:

In the end, how anyone can say CM is not great is beyond me and this blogger is a schmo :nod:

macfan 57 08-04-2005 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ontheEdgeof17

Good one. :laugh: :laugh:

Quote:

And of course I don't like "Oh Daddy" being about Mick. Stupid Mick.

Hillary, you really don't like Mick at all do you? :laugh:

jbrownsjr 08-04-2005 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ontheEdgeof17

You would think with that nursing degree!! :D

GateandGarden 08-04-2005 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strandinthewind
Hey now - let's not berate the Chiffonheads in general for this nincompoop (sp.?) :cool: and I note no one is getting on the Buckingham blind supporters when his name was mentioned as well :mad:

Well, I don't think that's how she meant it. LIke, when I say "that ignorant Christian," I don't mean that all Christians are ignorant, I just mean that that particular one is, and he or she is also a Christian. :shrug:

strandinthewind 08-04-2005 04:24 PM

Quote:

Well, I don't think that's how she meant it. LIke, when I say "that ignorant Christian," I don't mean that all Christians are ignorant, I just mean that that particular one is, and he or she is also a Christian. :shrug:

touche' touche'

ontheEdgeof17 08-04-2005 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr
You would think with that nursing degree!! :D

Well....I'm a nurse...not a journalist.