The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Christine McVie (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Christine 2012 Comments (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=51151)

michelej1 12-18-2012 07:56 PM

Christine 2012 Comments

Here is the Mojo piece on Christine:

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/n...ps654dd113.jpg

michelej1 12-18-2012 08:00 PM

I rotated it, so that it would be upright, but for some reason it doesn't post that way.

She says they did World Turning and Don't Stop. What happened? Did they try to hide SYLM from her or has she repressed that memory?

Also, she says she keeps in touch with John frequently, but Lindsey and Stevie, not so much. Why does she not mention Mick? Did she forget about him or is it just the opposite? Is she having an affair with him? They're both single for the first time, after all. She could have been pining for him all these years, just waiting for the right time . . . So, that's why she deliberately sidestepped the question of how often she she communicates with him:nod:. I'm on to you, Perfect.

Michele

HomerMcvie 12-18-2012 08:04 PM

LOVE IT!!! Thanks for posting it!!!

WildHearted 12-18-2012 09:34 PM

This made me miss her so much more. Love this interview.

MacFan92 12-18-2012 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1070279)
Also, she says she keeps in touch with John frequently, but Lindsey and Stevie, not so much. Why does she not mention Mick? Did she forget about him or is it just the opposite? Is she having an affair with him? They're both single for the first time, after all. She could have been pining for him all these years, just waiting for the right time . . . So, that's why she deliberately sidestepped the question of how often she she communicates with him:nod:. I'm on to you, Perfect.

Michele

I don't think any dating combination from these 5 people would surprise us at this point haha.

bombaysaffires 12-19-2012 02:20 AM

Interesting comments about Bob's songs in light of comments/speculation in another thread after Bob's death about the fracture between him and the other members...there was lots of commentary about perhaps it was Chris who pushed back against him being included in the Hall of Fame...so was the speculation wrong, or is she being conciliatory since he's passed?

aleuzzi 12-19-2012 02:23 AM

I am glad to hear her acknowledge Bob Welch's music and rank Mystery among her favorite Mac records. I think that may be the first time she's mentioned Bob in an interview (especially in a positive way) in over a decade.

jbrownsjr 12-19-2012 06:07 PM

She and Bob did some great work together. Wow, I really miss Christine McVie music!!

Thanks for posting.. :)

seanthompson 12-20-2012 01:33 PM

Why is Christine interviewing in 2012 if she's not at least a little bit interested in coming back to the Rumours era fold? Wishful thinking? Hmmm...

CADreaming 12-20-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1070279)

Michele

:laugh:

Wonder if she'd be interested in cooking at Mick's restaurant....

And, there she goes again saying Stevie & Lindsey wrote together. Now, I wish she would stop blowing Stevie's story out of the water. Is it any wonder those bridges burned?? lol

WildHearted 12-20-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CADreaming (Post 1070388)
:laugh:

Wonder if she'd be interested in cooking at Mick's restaurant....

And, there she goes again saying Stevie & Lindsey wrote together. Now, I wish she would stop blowing Stevie's story out of the water. Is it any wonder those bridges burned?? lol

Lmao.

But yes, I think by any rational person's standards (and I've always found Christine very rational), you would say they wrote together. Stevie came up with lyrics and a melody and for all intents and purposes, Lindsey really wrote the music, at least, writing and arranging the instruments parts. It's really NOT much different than what did with Dave save for Stevie coming up with a chord progression, and supposedly she was never present while Lindsey finished her songs.

So then I have to wonder what on EARTH were doing in the coffee plant until 3 am if all of her songs were already completed and they never sat there working on them together? :lol: She does seem to imply that they spent all of their time in the plant working on music. So what, did they each have a separate corner they sat in or something?

But, I digress.

KindOfWoman90 12-20-2012 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildHearted (Post 1070389)
Lmao.

But yes, I think by any rational person's standards (and I've always found Christine very rational), you would say they wrote together. Stevie came up with lyrics and a melody and for all intents and purposes, Lindsey really wrote the music, at least, writing and arranging the instruments parts. It's really NOT much different than what did with Dave save for Stevie coming up with a chord progression, and supposedly she was never present while Lindsey finished her songs.

So then I have to wonder what on EARTH were doing in the coffee plant until 3 am if all of her songs were already completed and they never sat there working on them together? :lol: She does seem to imply that they spent all of their time in the plant working on music. So what, did they each have a separate corner they sat in or something?

But, I digress.

Haha oh man, now I have that image in my head of them quite literally sitting in opposite corners :lol: I don't know why I find that so funny, maybe because I can totally see that being the case, but I hope not, I'd like to think they weren't that dysfunctional :p

Also, totally agree. Honestly, they did write together. Think about Carole King and Gerry Goffin. When they were writing together he wrote the lyrics and she wrote the music. That is how lots of musical partnerships work... Rodgers & Hammerstein, Rodgers & Hart, etc. Oh Stevie, I love you, but sometimes :rolleyes: :xoxo:

Love this interview from Christine. As a teenager I was always drawn more to Stevie's voice, but as I've gotten older I've come to really appreciate Christine's music :)

jbrownsjr 12-20-2012 06:45 PM

She has always considered herself a novice in most interviews. I disagree with her. Tunes like Show Me A Smile, Spare Me, Why, Come a Little Bit Closer, Prove Your Love, Heroes, Morning Rain, Homeward Bound, and even her covers and Chicken Shack material were really really good in my opinion.

I think she has great chemistry to mix with many kinds of muscians. She is and always will be a treasure in my book.

michelej1 12-20-2012 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seanthompson (Post 1070387)
Why is Christine interviewing in 2012 if she's not at least a little bit interested in coming back to the Rumours era fold? Wishful thinking? Hmmm...

But why wouldn't she? I mean, I don't think she has anything personal against anyone in the band. I mean, I think she might, but I don't think it's any big deal.

She doesn't want to tour, but why would she be totally through with the band and its legacy? I don't know why she wouldn't want to talk about them, if it's for the right reasons. I mean, I don't think she wants to do an interview with US or TMZ, but if it's an entity she respects, it doesn't surprise me that she wouldn't mind discussing work of which she remains proud.

Michele

MikeInNV 12-20-2012 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1070413)
I mean, I don't think she has anything personal against anyone in the band. I mean, I think she might, but I don't think it's any big deal.

I don't think I've heard your theory before. Please share.