The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Lindsey Valuing Some Things Above Money (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58436)

cbBen 12-14-2018 05:33 PM

Lindsey Valuing Some Things Above Money

We already had the sense he values money less than many in his position. The fact that he didn’t agree in his settlement to a gag order about the firing means he was willing to take a financial hit in order to be free to speak his mind. You don’t see many people not signing one with such a settlement. Though I imagine there are some, I can’t think of a single one.

Reminds me of Destiny Rules where he offers to reduce his producer fee in exchange for the band agreeing to his vision of a double album.

elle 12-14-2018 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbBen (Post 1246120)
We already had the sense he values money less than many in his position. The fact that he didn’t agree in his settlement to a gag order about the firing means he was willing to take a financial hit in order to be free to speak his mind. You don’t see many people not signing one with such a settlement. Though I imagine there are some, I can’t think of a single one.

Reminds me of Destiny Rules where he offers to reduce his producer fee in exchange for the band agreeing to his vision of a double album.

anybody who would think he sued just to end up with a gag order does not understand anything about this whole situation.

he sued to get the truth out.

elle 12-14-2018 11:03 PM

Silver Springs 12-16-2018 03:44 PM

While certain people who shall remain nameless have a long and grimy history of money-grubbing, Lindsey has left his own trail. A trail of fighting hard for the creative vision and quality of the product, often at the expense of finances in terms of expenditure and potential revenue. Tusk is a prime example of this. His argument was never about producing an album that will sell well and bring in the green. His argument was about remaining true to the vision, and that did unfortunately pit him against some band members for a while. The man has integrity in spades, and on this occasion it's something that seems to have been taken advantage of. His commitment to his music was weaponised and used - something which has been fully outed as a lie - as an excuse to offload him in order to sate the needs of a woman who no longer has the creative ability or drive to be anything more than a past legend in the music industry. I don't believe for a second that she has any love left for the craft. Just the bi-products of it.

sue 12-16-2018 05:14 PM

I hope, after seeing this photo, that he does NOT get back together with FMac..
He looks cooler, happier, younger, and more fanciable....
Than I’ve seen him in a long time..
Stay away from the tension etc etc..

Thanks for posting ....

SteveMacD 12-16-2018 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sue (Post 1246363)
I hope, after seeing this photo, that he does NOT get back together with FMac..
He looks cooler, happier, younger, and more fanciable....
Than I’ve seen him in a long time..
Stay away from the tension etc etc..

Thanks for posting ....

He seems happier, they seem happier…

No more broken hearts…