The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Stevie's social media tribute to Christine... (RIP) (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59751)

ricohv 11-30-2022 06:40 PM

Stevie's social media tribute to Christine... (RIP)

https://www.stereogum.com/2207221/st...JoG78rd2AxM_pQ
I'm curious what everyone will think of Stevie's message. It's not totally self absorbed but sometimes her writing style is so odd (all the ellipses, dashes and commas used incorrectly.) Just my 2 cents!

Jondalar 11-30-2022 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricohv (Post 1279294)
https://www.stereogum.com/2207221/st...JoG78rd2AxM_pQ
I'm curious what everyone will think of Stevie's message. It's not totally self absorbed but sometimes her writing style is so odd (all the ellipses, dashes and commas used incorrectly.) Just my 2 cents!

It's odd but whenever she posts something, it ends up being odd. I do believe she cared about Christine so it's hard for me to criticize her. I think she had good intentions, but it feels like she speaks in riddles and images or something. She still reminds of a crazy aunt that relatives hide away in the attack.

HomerMcvie 11-30-2022 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1279295)
It's odd but whenever she posts something, it ends up being odd. I do believe she cared about Christine so it's hard for me to criticize her. I think she had good intentions, but it feels like she speaks in riddles and images or something. She still reminds of a crazy aunt that relatives hide away in the attack.

She turns everything into being about her.

Jondalar 11-30-2022 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1279297)
She turns everything into being about her.

She has that "whatever happened to Baby Jane" quality.

ricohv 11-30-2022 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1279295)

I agree, I believe she truly cared for Christine so I don't want to be too harsh. I just wish she'd have someone proof it, or if she'd just spend more time on it so that it might come across more effectively.

UnwindedDreams 11-30-2022 07:25 PM

What does it mean "She was told to wait"? Chris' family told her to wait? It's so so sad if they knew she was dying over the weekend.

DownOnRodeo 11-30-2022 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1279308)
What does it mean "She was told to wait"? Chris' family told her to wait? It's so so sad if they knew she was dying over the weekend.

Chris probably had an advanced health directive in place to stop Stevie visiting her bedside. The fear of all that endless prattle without being able to waltz out of the room.

Chris was so low-drama; I'm glad she went on her terms, without a circus.

ricohv 11-30-2022 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo (Post 1279312)
Chris probably had an advanced health directive in place to stop Stevie visiting her bedside. The fear of all that endless prattle without being able to waltz out of the room.

OMG :lol::lol::lol:

Villavic 11-30-2022 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricohv (Post 1279294)
I'm curious what everyone will think of Stevie's message.

I don't mind. This is not the time to look for who agrees or who criticizes the messages. I don't think Christine would have liked to read comments about condolences from her friends.

Her family posted they are at a extremely painful time. Let's just remember how wonderful Christine McVie was. My two cents.

tothegypsy 11-30-2022 08:44 PM

Of course everyone is entitled to feel however they like about Stevie, but I wish for just a day we could pause the bashing.

Phoenixgypsy 11-30-2022 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tothegypsy (Post 1279329)
Of course everyone is entitled to feel however they like about Stevie, but I wish for just a day we could pause the bashing.

I wish we had a "Like" button- I totally agree.

UnwindedDreams 11-30-2022 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tothegypsy (Post 1279329)

Yes, and also that reciprocal posts are instead posts of condolences for Christine and her loved ones.

HomerMcvie 11-30-2022 09:47 PM

Quote:

OMG, you win.

I would imagine Lindsey has the same clause in his. His makeup person should paint a smirk on his face, when his time comes. You know, so when she shows up, rambling on about herself, her last memory of him will be him smirking at her.

sleepless child 11-30-2022 10:14 PM

I wonder if Chris was getting ready to go into some type of palleative care and that was why Stevie was told to wait. But Chris must have passed before that. I was in Pennsylvania and my mom was in Virginia and I was told the same thing when she came to her final days. So it makes me wonder if she had cancer, but that is just a guess on my part.

bombaysaffires 11-30-2022 10:30 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1279339)
OMG, you win.

I would imagine Lindsey has the same clause in his. His makeup person should paint a smirk on his face, when his time comes. You know, so when she shows up, rambling on about herself, her last memory of him will be him smirking at her.

y'all just made me laugh....so thank you! :angel: