The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Unearthed Live at the 1982 Us Festival Videos (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57147)

fleetwoodguy79 06-20-2017 07:26 PM

Gypsy - US Fest 1982!

Just stumbled on this a few minutes ago!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV_dnrxD6v4

Her voice that night... hmm.

jbrownsjr 06-20-2017 07:43 PM

I loved that so much. Don't care that it was very pitchy at times.. She pushed through it like a pro.

fleetwoodguy79 06-20-2017 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1212290)
I loved that so much. Don't care that it was very pitchy at times.. She pushed through it like a pro.

She did indeed. What happened at the end of the song where Lindsey didn't go into his normal solo and said something to her? Sweet moment between the two of them.

Wdm6789 06-20-2017 08:03 PM

I hate that the camera didn't get a cool shot of John, Lindsey, and Christine all playing together at 1:40. Instead, the camera kept moving and cut them out of the shot. I also thought it was weird that Christine was singing in the middle of the song. These few US festival videos have been quite the treat, I hope they keep uploading more.

button-lip 06-20-2017 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricohv (Post 1212277)
Well this is one way to make a pretty song not-so-pretty! :sorry:

Good Lord, that was painful to hear! I agree they look great (especially Lindsey) but you always buy a ticket for something else. :shrug:

bombaysaffires 06-20-2017 10:59 PM

Having seen/heard some truly awful Stevie performances, (ahem, Red Rocks, anyone?) that others have thought were so wonderful... I have to say this is NOT really that bad. I think, as someone else pointed out, we are only getting one channel of the audio, and we're just mostly getting Stevie's mic. You can't hear Chris's keyboards really at all and Lindsey's guitar solo is echoey and a bit muffled in the mix. This makes it sound like she is bellowing and drowning everyone else out but I gotta blame the recording and the mix on this one.

She does sound like she's singing it more how she does solo than how she used to do it with FM before touring solo. :mad:

But she's not so way off key as plenty of other performances.:shrug:

Macfan4life 06-21-2017 04:28 AM

Thanks for posting but I don't have any audio when I play them. All other youtube and Vevo and other channels work fine and speakers on. But these new Mac uploads have no sound for me. Anyone a techie and know why?
I am really missing out :eek:

MakerofBirds 06-21-2017 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1212322)
Thanks for posting but I don't have any audio when I play them. All other youtube and Vevo and other channels work fine and speakers on. But these new Mac uploads have no sound for me. Anyone a techie and know why?
I am really missing out :eek:

I just listened with headphones and there is sound only in the right speaker on both of the US Fest songs for me. Not sure if that means anything for you or not.

These videos are fabulous! This was a couple weeks before the Mirage show I went to, I believe. I'll have to check my ticket stub!

bombaysaffires 06-21-2017 09:44 AM

well it's clear she can't hear herself very well at all. She keeps holding her hand to her ear trying to hear, then she looks at Christine and gives a face like "I can't hear sh&t" and she holds out her arms like "wtf". She looks towards Lindsey at one point and kinda shrugs and holds her arms out and gestures in a sort of up, up, up gesture like trying to tell the sound mixers to turn up her monitors or something. She held her hand to her ear during Dreams as well, but she really can't hear herself on this one.

It's weird how Lindsey hangs back on the drum riser throughout. And Christine sings the first "she was just a wish, she was just a wish" before he comes down and stands by his mic. You can sort of hear what he says, it's one word, and he repeats it. At first it almost sounded like "b&tch" but then it's really either "which" or "witch" or "wish". He says it twice, she wags her finger at him and kisses him and walks off. Curious........

The Chain 06-21-2017 10:14 AM

Awesome.

Side note.. has anyone else always been slightly annoyed that Lindsey didn't play the true guitar hook on the Mirage tour, as he did from The Dance on.. Even though it's a very slight alteration, I've always thought it took a little bit away from the song on this tour.:shrug:

button-lip 06-21-2017 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1212334)
It's weird how Lindsey hangs back on the drum riser throughout. And Christine sings the first "she was just a wish, she was just a wish" before he comes down and stands by his mic. You can sort of hear what he says, it's one word, and he repeats it. At first it almost sounded like "b&tch" but then it's really either "which" or "witch" or "wish". He says it twice, she wags her finger at him and kisses him and walks off. Curious........

Yeah, it's something like that, but I also can't figure out what she says.

Flirty, flirty times. She kisses his chin and rests her hand on his neck and chest for much too longer. :D

dreamsunwind 06-21-2017 05:01 PM

love that outfit!!
the performance of this from the mirage tour video will always be my favorite.

jbrownsjr 06-21-2017 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamsunwind (Post 1212362)
love that outfit!!
the performance of this from the mirage tour video will always be my favorite.

Me, too! I loved Stevie back at this time. She was a lot of fun and she adored the fans. The big machine started to swallow her after Wild Heart.

tango87 06-21-2017 06:56 PM

'Second Hand News' at the US Festival

Here's the latest upload, their show opener:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KkZK1pZLgc

Heavy on the organ! Mix is a bit uneven... Slightly strained vocals... But full of brio!

Wdm6789 06-21-2017 07:07 PM

Well I hope this keeps happening every night for the next 20ish days.

jbrownsjr 06-21-2017 08:00 PM

Love this!!!

WatchChain 06-21-2017 11:03 PM

GOODNESS! That was rough.......

24karatstevie 06-21-2017 11:33 PM

Really it only seemed rough towards the ending, at least in my opinion. I love Stevie and Lindsey on the "bow bow bow bow bow". I really hope this footage continues to be released. Love it!

24karatstevie 06-21-2017 11:40 PM

I don't care if many think these are rough performances. I'm just so happy this footage is finally being released. I actually like what many deem "rough". I love the raw live sound. Stevie's voice in 1982 is one of my favorite eras for her. I personally love how she sounds in these videos because it's just so Stevie to me. She's always been more raw than technically proper anyway, and that's why I love her.

BombaySapphire3 06-22-2017 01:16 AM

I saw them on the Mirage tour including one of the taped Forum shows.They were rough at times but it was truly the end of an era. The Tusk shows were their touring peak IMHO .Glad I had a chance to see that one .

Macfan4life 06-22-2017 04:41 AM

I am sure there are reasons these songs are unusually rough. Didn't the Mac close the concert? That means all day party before the show :eek: Can you imagine the backstage party with all these bands.

rajtrip 06-22-2017 10:08 AM

They had Lindsey's mic turned down for half the performance and you could barely hear his guitar. Then in the end Chris comes in louder than the two of them and off as well. I had to listen to the live in Boston version to cleanse my palette after that. :)

They needed RD back from retirement!

Wdm6789 06-24-2017 10:43 AM

Well I hope we get more videos soon. We got three in a row and then they stopped. Just upload all of them fleetwoodmacvevo.

Wdm6789 07-10-2017 05:59 PM

Don't Stop from the US festival

Finally, I've been waiting like two weeks for a new video US fest video.

https://youtu.be/I9gj2RiscrM

I apologize, I don't know how to put the video directly in here, so here's the link.

jbrownsjr 07-10-2017 06:42 PM

Wow, that was awesome!!!

Love the piano in this!!

Netter75 07-10-2017 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1213655)
Wow, that was awesome!!!

Love the piano in this!!

Her fingers really fly over those keys. She looks and sounds great too. Glad to have a song featuring Christine posted.

Wdm6789 07-10-2017 07:54 PM

I hope we eventually get all the videos. A Mirage tour Sara would be amazing. Hold Me would be awesome too.

jbrownsjr 07-11-2017 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Netter75 (Post 1213656)
Her fingers really fly over those keys. She looks and sounds great too. Glad to have a song featuring Christine posted.

I got a deeper look into her fingering on this solo. That right hand is faster than I thought.

aleuzzi 07-11-2017 10:49 AM

That some serious saloon-style piano playing at the three minute mark. Fats Domino was smiling down on her.

These days she appears to have some athritis or joint sensitivity in her right hand. She can't play like that anymore but she's still chording the way she used to.

snroxman 07-11-2017 01:57 PM

WAYYYY Awesome! I've always loved the way that "Don't Stop" used to be performed.

dreamsunwind 07-11-2017 02:43 PM

Ah this is one of the better performances from what we've seen of this festival. Christine's piano is amazing at the end and she sounds good too which is great considering how rough she sounded at the end of the Second Hand News performance. Lindsey sounds alright in all the videos. You can't really hear Stevie in this one but that might be for the best considering how she sounded in all the other ones :lol:

aleuzzi 07-11-2017 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamsunwind (Post 1213703)
Ah this is one of the better performances from what we've seen of this festival. Christine's piano is amazing at the end and she sounds good too which is great considering how rough she sounded at the end of the Second Hand News performance. Lindsey sounds alright in all the videos. You can't really hear Stevie in this one but that might be for the best considering how she sounded in all the other ones :lol:

D

I checked out the SHN video to hear Christine's vocal. It's in key but her voice is all wrong for the song--it's not something she would have written for herself. And, as she often does when she's reaching just past the natural upper register of her chest voice, she sounds strained. If we were able to hear Stevie in the mix, the effect might be softer, but apparently only the right channel is working in the videos. A lot of people tuning in are complaining about that. That might be why Stevie is hardly audible on Don't Stop, too.

WatchChain 07-12-2017 06:33 PM

Can the sound man please turn up Stevie's mic ?!?!?! :]

It appears that the Mac were having some major sound problems at the US Festival on this given evening. Lindsey's mic cuts out on the chords of the set opener "Second Hand News", then Chris' mic begins to blare at the end of that tune. Now Stevie's mic is fading out. Perhaps this is why their US Festival appearance hasn't seen an official release.

WatchChain 07-12-2017 06:40 PM

By the way....Can we PLEASE bring back Stevie's late 70's/early 80's "2001 A Space Mission to Mars SQUARE MIC" ? Come on Stevie, roll it out from the vault!!! Turn that mother UP !!!!!!! :)

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...730ecca772.jpg

snroxman 07-13-2017 10:20 AM

Re: Second Hand News

To me it seemed like SHN was their "sound check" - quickly checking and adjusting levels.

jbrownsjr 07-13-2017 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WatchChain (Post 1213789)
Can the sound man please turn up Stevie's mic ?!?!?! :]

It appears that the Mac were having some major sound problems at the US Festival on this given evening. Lindsey's mic cuts out on the chords of the set opener "Second Hand News", then Chris' mic begins to blare at the end of that tune. Now Stevie's mic is fading out. Perhaps this is why their US Festival appearance hasn't seen an official release.

I don't think they can hear themselves. They have that look in their eyes.

If you've ever performed and you can't hear yourself, it can be a disaster.

dreamsunwind 07-13-2017 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1213716)
D

I checked out the SHN video to hear Christine's vocal. It's in key but her voice is all wrong for the song--it's not something she would have written for herself. And, as she often does when she's reaching just past the natural upper register of her chest voice, she sounds strained. If we were able to hear Stevie in the mix, the effect might be softer, but apparently only the right channel is working in the videos. A lot of people tuning in are complaining about that. That might be why Stevie is hardly audible on Don't Stop, too.

Yeah I do think there's something wrong with the sound*** in these videos. The Stand Back performance from Stevie's US Fest, you can hardly hear the synths and it makes everything else sound more jarring.

Angel69 07-14-2017 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamsunwind (Post 1213859)
Yeah I do think there's something wrong with the sound*** in these videos. The Stand Back performance from Stevie's US Fest, you can hardly hear the synths and it makes everything else sound more jarring.

Her US festival performance was recorded poorly......the girls sound like they are screaming and Sometimes it's like Stevie isn't even micd.

jwd 07-14-2017 05:25 PM

Like the way Christine plays that piano!

Nathan 07-14-2017 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel69 (Post 1213889)
Her US festival performance was recorded poorly......the girls sound like they are screaming and Sometimes it's like Stevie isn't even micd.

I think that might have just been on the bootlegs though. Even though they're one channel, these new releases sound pretty good. Except for stand back and SDMHA, which were overdubbed.