The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Get Tusked (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58699)

desertangel 01-17-2020 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1255778)
I'm pretty sure there were edits for radio. Maybe that's what he meant. I don't recall. I can't stand that his story is in italics print in the book. It drives me batty.

I have a vintage 45 that is Go Your Own Way b/w Silver Springs, does that count as possibly one that Hairnon mixed off Rumours?
I find the italics hard to read also, bold print would have been better.

desertangel 01-17-2020 10:13 PM

I知 halfway through the book and several times have wanted to stop and put a Tusk song on the player to listen to things they talk about in the recording of specific songs... but do I? No! Cuz I知 reading! Maybe when I知 finished with the book, I will go back thru and listen to the songs that are written about in detail. Someday, when I have oodles of spare time. :]

HomerMcvie 01-17-2020 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desertangel (Post 1255802)
I知 halfway through the book and several times have wanted to stop and put a Tusk song on the player to listen to things they talk about in the recording of specific songs... but do I? No! Cuz I知 reading! Maybe when I知 finished with the book, I will go back thru and listen to the songs that are written about in detail. Someday, when I have oodles of spare time. :]

I was pumping gas the other day, while Tusk was jamming on my stereo. I sh*t you not, I heard SEVERAL parts that I'd never heard before, while standing outside the car. Seriously! Isn't that weird?

jbrownsjr 01-21-2020 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1255803)
I was pumping gas the other day, while Tusk was jamming on my stereo. I sh*t you not, I heard SEVERAL parts that I'd never heard before, while standing outside the car. Seriously! Isn't that weird?

When I was taught how to mix in our college studio, we would play things at really low volume and then really high volume to hear different parts.

jbrownsjr 01-21-2020 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desertangel (Post 1255802)

I have to admit I said, "Hey Siri, play ****"

FuzzyPlum 01-21-2020 03:03 PM

When I got Making Rumours I read it in about 2 days.
I got Get Tusked for Christmas. I read 4 pages and then couldn't be bothered anymore.
I'm just not feeling it. :shrug:

HomerMcvie 01-21-2020 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1255839)
When I was taught how to mix in our college studio, we would play things at really low volume and then really high volume to hear different parts.

Standing outside the car, I swear I heard some classical guitar part that I'd never heard before.

Macfan4life 01-21-2020 05:07 PM

Quote:

Stevie's goat part?

jbrownsjr 01-21-2020 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1255854)
Stevie's goat part?

T u u u u u u u u u ss s s s s s s s s s k k k k k k k k k

SorcererJP 01-22-2020 02:44 AM

Quote:

I agree with you on this one ... read the e-book with the De Luxe edition of Tusk on repeat. Skipped to certain songs who they spoke about it and heard the things they described which I never really noticed before ... fun to read :-)

HomerMcvie 01-22-2020 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SorcererJP (Post 1255869)
I agree with you on this one ... read the e-book with the De Luxe edition of Tusk on repeat. Skipped to certain songs who they spoke about it and heard the things they described which I never really noticed before ... fun to read :-)

Isn't that weird? That we've listened to an album for 40 freaking years, and still hear things we've never heard before.

HomerMcvie 01-22-2020 03:09 AM

Quote:

Stevie's goat part?

I love it when I'm not the instigator. :lol: :angel:

BigAl84 01-23-2020 08:39 PM

Quote:

Stevie's goat part?

Hahahahahahaha ...well played!!!

desertangel 01-25-2020 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1255847)
I have to admit I said, "Hey Siri, play ****"

That would make it easier, will give that a try. And what about the mention of Warner Bros 21st anniversary tv spot on YouTube? I watched that and LMBO. Really illustrates the many mentions of the late night transcentions. :woohoo: