The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   50 years: Don't Stop (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58134)

RockyRaccoon 09-30-2018 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 (Post 1237757)
Lame ..and no new songs . 25 years The Chain had 3.

4 songs if you count Lindsey's solo "Make Me a Mask". It's hard to imagine them asking Lindsey to contribute a new solo number to this collection!

NotonRodeo 10-01-2018 08:51 AM

At least there is no new material. Thank goodness for small mercies. Given how shot their voices are now, not to mention the band's musical director having been summarily dismissed, it is all for the best. And we can now see through all this pretentious verbiage about this being a new band looking forward which is all about change and enjoying moving on the next chapter ad nauseam. They have nothing left to say, except lies.

jbrownsjr 10-01-2018 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotonRodeo (Post 1237919)
At least there is no new material. Thank goodness for small mercies. Given how shot their voices are now, not to mention the band's musical director having been summarily dismissed, it is all for the best. And we can now see through all this pretentious verbiage about this being a new band looking forward which is all about change and enjoying moving on the next chapter ad nauseam. They have nothing left to say, except lies.

You know how you can tell if $tevie is lying, her lip$ are moving.

aleuzzi 10-01-2018 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotonRodeo (Post 1237919)

Their collective voices have been "shot" or worn down for some time, but with judicious studio dusting and (gulp) autotune, they can still sound very good indeed. Cases in point: IN YOUR DREAMS, and LB/CM.

BombaySapphire3 10-01-2018 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1237923)
Their collective voices have been "shot" or worn down for some time, but with judicious studio dusting and (gulp) autotune, they can still sound very good indeed. Cases in point: IN YOUR DREAMS, and LB/CM.

Not only that Neil Finn at a comparatively youthful 60 can still sing.

SteveMacD 10-01-2018 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 (Post 1237947)
Not only that Neil Finn at a comparatively youthful 60 can still sing.

He definitely has the range, but it’s funny hearing him Americanizing his singing accent.

NotonRodeo 10-02-2018 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1237920)
You know how you can tell if $tevie is lying, her lip$ are moving.

I'm surprised $he hasn't taken songwriting credit for Little Lies. Yet.

BLY 10-02-2018 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McLamb (Post 1237846)
I like that this collection is more organized than "25 Years - The Chain". The tracks on this new set are in chronological order, and it'll be nice to hear the progression of the band.

I'd have liked to see more of the material from the 1971-74 period here, though I'm happy to have "Emerald Eyes" included. Also would have liked more from Behind The Mask and Time, though if there could only be one song from the latter, "I Do" represents it well.

I'm very happy to see "Fireflies" here, though the live version of "Never Going Back Again", is sure to be skipped by me. I'll check out "Sad Angel", as I've never heard it before.

All and all good picks for a 3D set. There is just too much great material in 50 years to put on 3 discs.

Storms123 10-02-2018 09:39 PM

I do find it interesting that their 50 year retrospective is named for a song that is so clearly defined by the Rumours 5 lineup and we can argue, from the most definitive album this group has released. Given how they are a new band, and all that. It's curious that they not try for a little more "neutrality" or something that would have encompassed all iterations of FM

SteveMacD 10-02-2018 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storms123 (Post 1238034)
I do find it interesting that their 50 year retrospective is named for a song that is so clearly defined by the Rumours 5 lineup and we can argue, from the most definitive album this group has released. Given how they are a new band, and all that. It's curious that they not try for a little more "neutrality" or something that would have encompassed all iterations of FM

I just think it’s weird to name a career spanning retrospective after the song that told us all “don’t you look back.”

However, that song cemented their place in the history books.

Storms123 10-02-2018 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1238036)
I just think it’s weird to name a career spanning retrospective after the song that told us all “don’t you look back.”

However, that song cemented their place in the history books.

Thanks Bill Clinton! LOL

David 10-03-2018 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1238036)

It's either yet another instance of the band's slap-dash carelessness, or a slyly ironic send-up of the band's slap-dash carelessness. I'll leave it to you guys to decide.

TheyWantedImage 11-23-2018 08:22 PM

Who chose the songs?! This is the worst collection ever.

- 71-74 deserves its own disc.

- 75-87 is missing a bunch of important songs ... no Gold Dust Woman? And the edit of Sara?! No thanks!

- 87-92 eh

- Glad Silver Springs from The Dance is finally represented in a collection. The single and music video were huge! Landslide would have been nice as well.

- nothing new or rare...

HomerMcvie 11-24-2018 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheyWantedImage (Post 1244421)
Who chose the songs?! This is the worst collection ever.

- 71-74 deserves its own disc.

- nothing new or rare...

And you're surprised?

Bob Welch? WHO is that?:mad:

What about the Time lineup? It's a GOOD album!

How much is there that we haven't heard? They've repackaged this sh*t a dozen times, in hopes that a few idiots will repurchase the product.

These people are liars and thieves. The 2004 repackaging of White, Rumours, and Tusk was my last repackaging. It's too bad they can't give us new material. Oh wait, they did. Minus Old Goat Breath. The swan song.

Sanne2 11-24-2018 06:24 AM

What's the booklet like, any new/old pics?