The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Listen: Sleeping Around The Corner (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57151)

sara79 05-10-2017 10:43 PM

Listen: Sleeping Around The Corner

http://ilikeyouroldstuff.com/blog/he...m-mcvie-record

Hope this works - not too good at inserting hyperlinks.

KenshiMaster16 05-10-2017 10:57 PM

Soundcloud link doesn't work in the U.S. but thanks regardless.

Andyleo 05-10-2017 11:02 PM

Thankyou, very interesting song. I'd never heard the bonus solo version released in the US, so was awesome to finally hear it.

justcrazylove 05-11-2017 12:17 AM

Very ****ing cool, so a few new percussion parts, the bass is more prominent, and Chris is singing a low harmony on this I think? It's also been mixed differently and a new bridge. :blob1:

Jondalar 05-11-2017 02:51 AM

Link doesn't work.

TrueFaith77 05-11-2017 06:51 AM

Not available in US but I'm sure it will drop soon. Exciting!!!

Andyleo 05-11-2017 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 (Post 1209332)
Not available in US but I'm sure it will drop soon. Exciting!!!

It says the song will be available everywhere for download on the 13th May.

jbrownsjr 05-11-2017 07:46 AM

Getting excited!!! I can't hear it yet, though.

jbrownsjr 05-11-2017 08:12 AM

http://ew.com/music/2017/05/11/fleet...gham-new-song/

tango87 05-11-2017 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1209339)

Yes! This one plays in the UK too. I love it, what a great song.

A mini-interview with this one too:

They’ve been part of one of rock and roll’s greatest bands for five decades, but for the first time ever, Fleetwood Mac’s Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie are finally teaming together for a collaborative album.

The record, titled simply Lindsey Buckingham/Christine McVie, is due out on June 9, and EW is premiering the album’s lead-off track, “Sleeping Around the Corner.”

Buckingham and McVie began working on the album’s material three years ago, ahead of the group’s On With the Show tour, which found McVie rejoining the group after a 16-year-long break.

“We thought we’d go into the studio to reacquint myself to playing in a rock band and getting the chemistry and the vibe,” says McVie. “We thought we’d lay down a couple of tracks; that’s all we meant to do. And then Lindsey had some [songs]. And we just started having a good time.”

To finish the material, Buckingham and McVie met with bandmates Mick Fleetwood and John McVie in Los Angeles’ Village Studios, where the Mac recorded 1979’s Tusk. “Nothing much had changed [in the studio] as far as I can remember,” says McVie. “The Tusk days are a bit of a haze, to be honest. But everything seemed exactly the same.” Adds Buckingham, “It was like a time warp. It was cool!”

The resulting collection features lovely, McVie-led ballads like “Game of Pretend” and bright, chiming rockers like “On With the Show.” Buckingham and McVie are perhaps most psyched about “Sleeping Around the Corner,” which Buckingham began writing about four years ago. “[When Christine heard it], she was like ‘It’s a hit!'” says Buckingham. “And who am I to disagree?”

On June 21, Buckingham and McVie will launch a 14-date tour of theaters and amphitheaters. Then, Fleetwood Mac will reconvene for The Classic West and The Classic East festivals in Los Angeles and New York City on July 15 and July 29, respectively. Of gearing up for those festival dates, where the band will perform alongside veteran acts like Steely Dan, Eagles, Journey, and more, McVie says, “I’m really looking forward to the festivals. It’s not that long since we finished our big tour. We’ve got five days of rehearsals prior to those shows. And that should be a really fun experience.”

tango87 05-11-2017 08:19 AM

Interesting Mac references:

'We made sweet love Over and Over...'

'I'm your little Red Rover...'

plus one of Lindsey's nods to the Rolling Stones (Gimme Shelter, in this case):

'I'm just a kiss away...'

Love this song.

SisterNightroad 05-11-2017 08:22 AM

Thankfully this one I like properly, even if it's not really new material.
Also good to hear that they seem to look forward to the Festivals, after getting a fill of their different projects they all may be more motivated to reunite again.

Josh2003 05-11-2017 08:25 AM

I'm glad it sounds like newer vocals from LB than the previous version, and the addition of a new bridge is nice. But again...where is Christine? What a disappointment this album is going to be if this ends up being the case on all of Lindsey's songs.

jbrownsjr 05-11-2017 08:54 AM

Gonna guess Elle will love this. I'm not crazy about it. Christine loves it.

I disagree w/ Christine.. :eek::eek:

Can't wait to hear the whole album in context.

Peestie 05-11-2017 09:36 AM

It's weird to hear the changes after listening to the solo version for ages. Some notes/thoughts:

-It's faster than the original. At the minute it feels *too* fast, but maybe people who hear this version first with think the original is too slow.
-The lead vocal is definitely different
-Other elements have definitely been rerecorded. This isn't just opening up an old demo and sticking on Christine/Mick/John.
-The bridge is really jarring but I'm sure I'll get used to it being there.
-It's still a great song that deserves to be heard more widely than the bonus track was.