The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   The Early Years (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Rattleshake Snake Njårdhallen Oslo, 3rd of November 1969 (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=43215)

Ms Moose 03-02-2010 12:31 PM

Rattleshake Snake Njårdhallen Oslo, 3rd of November 1969
 
This film of Rattlesnake Shake is back on Youtube! It has been missing for a long time. I think it is from Njårdhallen, Oslo the 3rd of November 1969, though, and not from Helsinki.

There used to be a better picture version on Youtube, but never mind! This will blow you away!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5LE_...eature=related

Ms Moose:woohoo:

zoork_1 03-02-2010 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ms Moose (Post 874633)
This film of Rattlesnake Shake is back on Youtube! It has been missing for a long time. I think it is from Njårdhallen, Oslo the 3rd of November 1969, though, and not from Helsinki.

There used to be a better picture version on Youtube, but never mind! This will blow you away!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5LE_...eature=related

Ms Moose:woohoo:

Yep, it's totally cool, thanks for spreading the word...

/z

doodyhead 03-03-2010 02:21 AM

thanks Ms Moose
 
I have not seen that before. great stuff.

This is the first incarnation of the song before it evolved


vinnie c

greenmanastrat 03-03-2010 07:58 AM

Aint no wonder
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ms Moose (Post 874633)
This film of Rattlesnake Shake is back on Youtube! It has been missing for a long time. I think it is from Njårdhallen, Oslo the 3rd of November 1969, though, and not from Helsinki.

There used to be a better picture version on Youtube, but never mind! This will blow you away!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5LE_...eature=related

Ms Moose:woohoo:


In my mind there aint no wonder they don´t release more of this footage, it purely pales any other fleetwood mac era right outta here. Don´t think i´ve ever seen something so powerful.
Pardon my french but this pisses all over rumours and everything else :eek:

Wouter Vuijk 03-03-2010 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ms Moose (Post 874633)
This film of Rattlesnake Shake is back on Youtube! It has been missing for a long time. I think it is from Njårdhallen, Oslo the 3rd of November 1969, though, and not from Helsinki.

There used to be a better picture version on Youtube, but never mind! This will blow you away!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5LE_...eature=related

Ms Moose:woohoo:

Definitely Njardhallen. Played after Peter did his solo thing on "World Keep On Turning", giving Danny a chance to put a new string on his guitar (broke it whlie playing "Like It This Way". At the beginning of the clip you can see the bandmembers coming back on stage. :D
BTW you can see Danny looking up at Peter at 1:26 - 1:36. This picture was also used on the DVD "The Early Years" when the narrator introduced Danny.

sharksfan2000 03-03-2010 10:27 AM

IIRC, "The Early Years" also uses some of the video from this clip during the "Green Manalishi" performance at the end of the DVD.

There is a DVD that includes this entire "Rattlesnake Shake" clip, as a bit of other early rare stuff (including Heavy Heart from TOTP, and Dragonfly), plus some later Welch and B/N era clips - it's called "Changes", available from Saturn Records in Emeryville, CA (they're on the web). It's essentially a bootleg, and I think the store just produces copies of the DVD as they're ordered, but it's an interesting document.

zoork_1 03-03-2010 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharksfan2000 (Post 874779)
[...]...essentially a bootleg, and I think the store just produces copies of the DVD as they're ordered, but it's an interesting document.

Thanks, do you know anything about the DVD/clip quality?

/z

sharksfan2000 03-03-2010 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zoork_1 (Post 874827)
Thanks, do you know anything about the DVD/clip quality?

/z

zoork_1 - I'll have to pull out the DVD this evening and have a look. I recall some clips being better than others....none really great video quality but I think that's to be expected. Anyway I'll report back later on.

Wouter Vuijk 03-03-2010 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zoork_1 (Post 874827)
Thanks, do you know anything about the DVD/clip quality?

/z

The quality of the DVD is definitely inferior to the Youtube clip. I have the Changes as well, but don't bother to watch it because of the bad quality.

sharksfan2000 03-03-2010 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wouter Vuijk (Post 874837)
The quality of the DVD is definitely inferior to the Youtube clip. I have the Changes as well, but don't bother to watch it because of the bad quality.

You're right, Wouter. Having just looked at it, the "Rattlesnake Shake" clip is about the poorest quality clip on there. It's certainly watchable but not as good as the current YouTube clip. And I realized the "Dragonfly" clip is not on that "Changes" DVD after all.

zoork_1 03-04-2010 05:16 PM

Thanks for replying W and S,

BTW, I've ordered the DVD, will keep expectations low though....

/z

zoork_1 03-04-2010 05:21 PM

Forgot...
 
Sorry, forgot to ask ...

Did any of you manage to capture the first (better quality) Rattlesnake Shake Youtube clip???

sharksfan2000 03-04-2010 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zoork_1 (Post 875052)
Sorry, forgot to ask ...

Did any of you manage to capture the first (better quality) Rattlesnake Shake Youtube clip???

I didn't - only this current one, which doesn't look bad at all unless you go to the full-screen view.

Ms Moose 03-04-2010 05:50 PM

How do you capture Youtube clips? I have wondered about this for years....

Ms Moose - technically, digtally and otherwise illiterate :confused:

holidayroad 03-05-2010 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ms Moose (Post 875075)
How do you capture Youtube clips? I have wondered about this for years....

Ms Moose - technically, digtally and otherwise illiterate :confused:

To save a youtube clip to your computer, do this. While watching a video from youtube, in your address bar where it says http://www.youtube.com/watch?v type the word 'keep' between tube and .com
(example: http://www.youtubekeep.com) It will direct you to another screen where you can choose to save the video.

If you click on the above URL for youtubekeep, it will tell you how to save the videos.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved